The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry win 'Megxit' OK from queen; what's next
Snipped
Will they have to pay taxes if they live abroad?
There are complicated tax implications if they live outside the U.K. for an extended period. Under the Canadian tax system, anyone who lives in Canada for 183 days or more a year must pay tax on their global income, regardless of where it is earned or received. The same goes for the U.K., but the relevant period is 90 days.

As an American citizen, Meghan already has to pay taxes in the U.S. on any global earnings regardless of where she lives. But, as the Mail on Sunday warned, Harry might have to limit his time in Canada or face being "double-taxed" on any commercial income he earns, paying in both countries.
——-
Interesting the income tax consequences for this couple should they follow through on splitting their time abroad
IMO

Ahh

Piers Morgan nails another great post

Reminds us that Harry blew off a year long committment to the Royal Marines missing memorial, of which he is the head, to go to a celebrity-flash promotion then to pitch a job for his wife.

And the wife was not doing any of those boring community centre openings or plaque dedications because she was on maternity leave, but had no problem making it to a chance to rub shoulders with Beyonce and Jay-Z.

Turns out Beyonce’ and Jay-Z wanted to vacation with the Sussexes, but aides wouldn’t let them.

Guess what Harry - you get to go vacation with them now, and all the other fawning entertainers , while you ignore your committment to the UK . Turn you back into the useless Party Prince

I can hear the phone call to Prince Charles now: “ Dad, I need a couple million more - Megan and I are spending the week with Lizzo on a yacht”

Last edited:
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry win 'Megxit' OK from queen; what's next
Snipped
Will they have to pay taxes if they live abroad?
There are complicated tax implications if they live outside the U.K. for an extended period. Under the Canadian tax system, anyone who lives in Canada for 183 days or more a year must pay tax on their global income, regardless of where it is earned or received. The same goes for the U.K., but the relevant period is 90 days.

As an American citizen, Meghan already has to pay taxes in the U.S. on any global earnings regardless of where she lives. But, as the Mail on Sunday warned, Harry might have to limit his time in Canada or face being "double-taxed" on any commercial income he earns, paying in both countries.
——-
Interesting the income tax consequences for this couple should they follow through on splitting their time abroad
IMO
They will rely on PC's money to pay their tax bills. Shame on them. JMO

I forsee a complex net of charities associated with SussexHustle.com so they actually pay very little but get their accommodations, travel, security, entertainment, clothing, etc written off as SussexHustle expenses

Note was made that they registered as a dot com, not a dot org which is usually associated with charities or commercial ventures

IF there were a national competition for self-pity, Harry and Meghan would wear the crown.

Rarely has there been a public couple more addicted to whingeing.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle aren't victims - they're the oppressive King and Queen of Woke

This is a pretty scathing opinion piece. It also highlights the rough road ahead by jumping into American celeb culture. Hollywood culture is a bubble. They could be facing some bumpy waters here. imo.

It also highlights QE and what duty, diplomacy, and finesse really means.

Some of these opinions reflect what people really think. I think Harry might be in for some rude awakenings as all of this backlash sinks in.

Well then..that article sums it up nicely imo lol

Do you think PW has any say in the Duchy income distribution since he will inherit one day? I think I would have a problem with supporting someone who isn’t working full time for the crown with those funds - I think they should live off of what he inherited from his mom IMO

Do you think PW has any say in the Duchy income distribution since he will inherit one day? I think I would have a problem with supporting someone who isn’t working full time for the crown with those funds - I think they should live off of what he inherited from his mom IMO
PC's friends already stated that he doesn't have unlimited income but PH was worried that he would get cut off by PW. What a spoiled brat. JMO

I forsee a complex net of charities associated with SussexHustle.com so they actually pay very little but get their accommodations, travel, security, entertainment, clothing, etc written off as SussexHustle expenses

Note was made that they registered as a dot com, not a dot org which is usually associated with charities or commercial ventures
Whois sussexroyal.org
my guess is they registered both and launched on the .com due to the commercial plans
JMO

Absolutely. Prince William has 3 children due the Duchy income, too. It’s not all just for Prince Harry.

But that’s 20+ years in the future, God willing. All of Prince William’s children will be of age by then and he would be in the position of disbursing Duchy funds to them. I would hope a 55 year old Prince Harry had got his income straightened out by then

Last edited:
Ahh

Piers Morgan nails another great post

Reminds us that Harry blew off a year long committment to the Royal Marines missing memorial, of which he is the head, to go to a celebrity-flash promotion then to pitch a job for his wife.

And the wife was not doing any of those boring community centre openings or plaque dedications because she was on maternity leave, but had no problem making it to a chance to rub shoulders with Beyonce and Jay-Z.

Turns out Beyonce’ and Jay-Z wanted to vacation with the Sussexes, but aides wouldn’t let them.

Guess what Harry - you get to go vacation with them now, and all the other fawning entertainers , while you ignore your committment to the UK . Turn you back into the useless Party Prince

I can hear the phone call to Prince Charles now: “ Dad, I need a couple million more - Megan and I are spending the week with Lizzo on a yacht”
Beyoncé and Jaz-Z made a portrait painting that made MM look like a queen. She needs to be nice to them. JMO

So this Tom Bradbury thinks these two are going to discuss how poorly they have been treated, starting with the wedding?

By all reports everyone, including The Queen bent over backwards to accommodate their wedding demands. They didn’t want to the Royal facilities and services available to them ( for free) such as the florist, catering, groundspeople, assistants, etc. Stuff that was good enough for the wedding of the future King and Queen Consort, William and Catherine.

They also went over The Queen’s head for the officiant. She is the Titular Head of the Church of England. Like the Pope of England. This is a masssive breach of protocol.

Who dares gripe about how they were treated for a $35 million wedding they didn’t have to pay for?

Last edited:
I live in BC, IMO it's always been a place that people move to, to get as far away as possible from the insufferable people back home.

Ha! Would you believe I was looking at Zillow real estate listings for Victoria (decent winter weather) last night?! :D I decided we are too old for another big adventure and we live in a neat place here in southern Oregon where we will hunker down. But it’s tempting. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona