Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
relapse- no evidence
looking for drugs- no evidence
being on drugs- no evidence
roofies- no evidence
overdosing- no evidence
looking for sex- no evidence
rape- no evidence
gang rape- no evidence
necrophilia- no evidence

Something bad happened. I personally choose not to guess at it without more information, out of respect for the victim and her family. That's all.
I don't think it's fair to say we have no evidence of those things. We have some evidence available to us, and we can make some inferences from that. Her background as a serious heroin user is definitely germane to making those inferences. Her personal choice to willingly leave a bar with a much older convicted violent rapist who had fairly recently gotten out of jail is also germane.

I would have to disagree with you about "minimal law enforcement presence". Both the area I live in now and the previous city were very well patrolled by LE. Suburbs within central Alabama are very well guarded.
It's not always the case, but quite often. I have family in Perry County...basically two cities, Marion and Uniontown and several smaller communities. Police in Marion, the larger of the two cities...three officers. Uniontown, I'm betting less. The other communities in Perry County, none other than the Sheriff's office. Bessemer is larger city of the three mentioned and I'm sure has more, Brighton...not so much. Read the first facebook post on Brighton's PD below. You'll get the vibe. If you consider Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Mountain Brook, Chelsea, etc. suburbs of Bham, oh yeah, that's totally different but I look at those as more of Bham proper than Brighton and Hueytown. I do agree tho, not all are the same.

Brighton Police Department - Brighton, Alabama - Police Station | Facebook

The ground temperature has also been cool. That should slow the decay process and aid in evidence recovery. According to this link the soil temperature in central Alabama was between 41F and 43F at a depth of 4 inches. That's above freezing but getting close to refrigeration temperature.

Alabama Farmers Federation

Obviously this might sound like a stupid question to those who live down south, but does it snow over there in AL? I’m in MN all the way by Canada (we get like 6+mos of snow!) so it gets confusing to me which states do and do not get snow. My fiancé lived in TX for a few years and they had snow I think once or twice down there but it was melting as it was falling. Again, not trying to sound stupid. I’m simply asking because you said ground was above freezing. Depending on the temp it could have persevered PH.

eta: edited to add that most of us northerners get lots of snow lol

Lots of information that can't be shared here.

However, I'll put one question to the group. Paighton was a self confessed heroin addict, don't you all think that if she wanted to relapse, she would have to rely on some sketchy guy she didn't know? And if she was going to use heroin, don't you think that the first thing she would have done upon leaving TR would be hit a bank machine? Random strangers don't just give away heroin. Paighton looks smart enough to know not to just walk away with a guy like that.
People don't want to relapse, they fail to resist temptation to relapse - and random strangers absolutely do give away opioids. I won't speculate as to how smart Paighton looks but we know she made bad choices in the past.

Also, people have mentioned her ATM activity as possible proof she wasn't relapsing.

We only know there wasn't activity late that night, correct?

Which means PH certainly *might* have had some cash on her person from other withdrawals, from paychecks, from anything, really. I'm assuming she had at least a few dollars to go out with? Even people who rely on plastic usually have some small cash.

Isn't heroin relatively inexpensive? And if FH had bad intent, it isn't so hard to imagine him being like "This one's on me."

Obviously this might sound like a stupid question to those who live down south, but does it snow over there in AL? I’m in MN all the way by Canada so it gets confusing to me which states do and do not get snow. My fiancé lived in TX for a few years and they had snow I think once or twice down there but it was melting as it was falling. Again, not trying to sound stupid. I’m simply asking because you said ground was above freezing. Depending on the temp it could have persevered PH.
Snow is a rarity depending on how far south in the state you reside as well as the elevation. Typically Huntsville down to Birmingham will see some snow with minimal accumulation, Birmingham down to Auburn or Montgomery considerably less, and Montgomery and south virtually none. Of course there is always that fluke that we get something substantial but frozen rain and ice are more the unfortunate norm where I am.

I would have to disagree with you about "minimal law enforcement presence". Both the area I live in now and the previous city were very well patrolled by LE. Suburbs within central Alabama are very well guarded.

Absolutely! I live in a suburb of Birmingham and I feel very safe! Law enforcement is very visible and responsive in my community.

We really know very little in this case. We know Paighton was at GCs house, we now know she was at the second residence with FH and was killed at about 3:00 am. We know she was subsequently buried at 215 Chapel.

We do not know where she went after leaving GCs house. We have no idea who accompanied hereto the second address, and we have no idea how PH came to be in the company of FH.

Killed at about 3am? Wondering where that came from, since I don't recall seeing it before.

Snow is a rarity depending on how far south in the state you reside as well as the elevation. Typically Huntsville down to Birmingham will see some snow with minimal accumulation, Birmingham down to Auburn or Montgomery considerably less, and Montgomery and south virtually none. Of course there is always that fluke that we get something substantial but frozen rain and ice are more the unfortunate norm where I am.

thank you for clarifying that for me!
When the pics of the yucky backyard of the house came out and it was all wet and muddy was that from a lot of rain then?

Yes. Their statements are confirming that both were present at Tin Roof.
No, the DA specifically says that information is based on the statements of the people she was with. If those people are involved, those statements might mean nothing.

Let's not forget that the original police statement said PH left Tin Roof with two heavy set black men. Yesterday, when asked if they have evidence that she was actually there, the answer was "no comment".

Thats the problem with a forum that only allows MSM evidence, sometimes BS becomes fact for the people on here.

I don't know if she was there or not. A couple of very sketchy people say she was. Absolutely no evidence to confirm that. Until someone confirms it with a positive ID from the bar staff, or a drink purchase on one of their cards, I remain skeptical.

Absolutely! I live in a suburb of Birmingham and I feel very safe! Law enforcement is very visible and responsive in my community.
Like I said, there are exceptions and suburbs are quite different than small towns and communities. I don't know of any Birmingham suburb that looks like Brighton. Brighton is the typical small town/community in rural Alabama. Hoover, Mountain Brook, Chelsea, Pelham, Vestavia Hills, etc. are simply extensions of Bham and although considered suburbs they are a far cry from Brighton. Those cities are adjacent to Birmingham where Brighton isn't adjacent to anything.

I don't think it's fair to say we have no evidence of those things. We have some evidence available to us, and we can make some inferences from that. Her background as a serious heroin user is definitely germane to making those inferences. Her personal choice to willingly leave a bar with a much older convicted violent rapist who had fairly recently gotten out of jail is also germane.

Yes, yes, yes.

Two words: "Victim blaming".

We know so little from LE that I am vastly uncomfortable trying to phrase any instance of "what I think happened"; and that's even ignoring all the various coworkers' social media others sleuthed that I stayed away from, as I didn't want to be writing about it accidentally as "facts we know".

I haven't changed my personal opinion (IMO, MOO, etc.), that this was a relapse after PH went willingly to an area to/with the kind of people one usually find dealing drugs.

I also don't find her text indicates anything about Paighton being particularly alarmed about the situation she was in. She was, IMO, teetering at that well-known moment where "the party goes bad". I definitely don't think it's the kind of text you send when you are at the mercy of someone who has taken you anywhere forcibly. If she went "too forcibly", at say gunpoint; she wouldn't be texting anyone at all.

The only area where I think we have "wiggle room", is a vague possibility where she had to text someone the ominous text quickly, before one of her companions saw what she was texting, a la many kidnap movies. If we eventually find it's true that PH sent "several" texts after leaving the Tin Roof and the rest were all pretty unexceptional, this latter theory goes out the window also.

Again, JMO, IMO.

Also, people have mentioned her ATM activity as possible proof she wasn't relapsing.

We only know there wasn't activity late that night, correct?

Which means PH certainly *might* have had some cash on her person from other withdrawals, from paychecks, from anything, really. I'm assuming she had at least a few dollars to go out with? Even people who rely on plastic usually have some small cash.

Isn't heroin relatively inexpensive? And if FH had bad intent, it isn't so hard to imagine him being like "This one's on me."

I don't know, 50 year old Fredrick Hampton does not look like the type of clientele that would just happen to be at a college crowd bar watching a kick *advertiser censored*, red neck rock band. MOO.

Oh, and nobody else noticed that 50 year old black guy? Sure.

I read through some of what I missed and saw someone state there was no evidence of anything anyone has said or come up with as plausible. Maybe there is no evidence at the moment but investigation takes some guessing and thinking. Some of the best solved cases took some guessing to test their theories. That’s all investigations are at first are theories until the theories can be proved.

I believe that he might have been helping out someone who was actually involved, possibly someone he was related to. Just a hunch and MOO.

Bingo! This was a snip of hearsay early in the case, i by chance read, and the thought just hit me that this would make the text she sent to whomever translate into a sensible or plausible meaning. IMO, she went with one, two, or more people she only trusted because they were close to people she had trusted. This makes, "the i don't know these people." or however she wrote it..mean, she began to feel uneasy, she trusted these people from being friends, family, or tied to others, but when she began to feel unsafe, she wrote, "IDK these people", but those she was in contact with, and she felt close to did! I could see myself writing this if someone sent me to run an errand of some sort with someone they knew and i didn't and i started to become uncomfortable. Absolutely!

This is why, imo, the text seemed so laize faire for her predictament, which should have sounded a bit more urgent. I could see someone not taken the usual or more measures to get out of the situation, when with people she does not know, if others who seem close to her do know them, so in PH's mind, she is thinking, of course she is over reacting and all will be okay!

Thats the problem with a forum that only allows MSM evidence, sometimes BS becomes fact for the people on here.

I get what you're saying, but the alternative is the rumor filled BS with nothing to back it up, that we all see elsewhere. And that's what makes WS the go-to for people who actually prefer to deal in facts, over the massive amount of crap out there.

That said, care to explain where you got that 3am time of death you mentioned earlier, since it actually has not been reported in any MSM I've seen?
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads