Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness descriptions are notoriously often inaccurate, moo.

If a person cannot distinguish between Tupac's size and Biggie's size, imo, they should not give any description, if their brain is unable to manage well enough, to describe any recollection that is remotely close, imo.

Bingo! This was a snip of hearsay early in the case, i by chance read, and the thought just hit me that this would make the text she sent to whomever translate into a sensible or plausible meaning. IMO, she went with one, two, or more people she only trusted because they were close to people she had trusted. This makes, "the i don't know these people." or however she wrote it..mean, she began to feel uneasy, she trusted these people from being friends, family, or tied to others, but when she began to feel unsafe, she wrote, "IDK these people", but those she was in contact with, and she felt close to did! I could see myself writing this if someone sent me to run an errand of some sort with someone they knew and i didn't and i started to become uncomfortable. Absolutely!

This is why, imo, the text seemed so laize faire for her predictament, which should have sounded a bit more urgent. I could see someone not taken the usual or more measures to get out of the situation, when with people she does not know, if others who seem close to her do know them, so in PH's mind, she is thinking, of course she is over reacting and all will be okay!
All good points. Let us not forget that it's been said that she left TR with the two black men at about 9:45. At some point after midnight she is free to text people and doesn't suggest that she is in imminent danger. At this point she has been with them for about three hours.

Of course we don't even know that she herself sent that text, so....

I don't know, 50 year old Fredrick Hampton does not look like the type of clientele that would just happen to be at a college crowd bar watching a kick *advertiser censored*, red neck rock band. MOO.

Oh, and nobody else noticed that 50 year old black guy? Sure.

Agh! This could explain a patron calling in a tip which they were able to accurately describe Hampton, and he was picked up to question, then released. The pieces are beginning to fit and make quite an interesting puzzle.

I don't know, 50 year old Fredrick Hampton does not look like the type of clientele that would just happen to be at a college crowd bar watching a kick *advertiser censored*, red neck rock band. MOO.

I think he was noticed & he wasn't there to watch the band. jmo

If a person cannot distinguish between Tupac's size and Biggie's size, imo, they should not give any description, if their brain is unable to manage well enough, to describe any recollection that is remotely close, imo.
I don't think LE gave a more detailed description because, quite frankly, I don't think they believed the people involved. No detailed descriptions, no clothing description, no security footage from anywhere and no searches for a body. This never felt like a typical missing persons case.

All good points. Let us not forget that it's been said that she left TR with the two black men at about 9:45. At some point after midnight she is free to text people and doesn't suggest that she is in imminent danger. At this point she has been with them for about three hours.

For myself only, i would no doubt, send a text with those words, in the infamous text, to a person who they or others associated with them knew well, and i accepted without apprehension to go with them, run a quick errand, or a pick up, because they knew people I did. Imo, could mean something or nothing.
It simply makes more sense to me.

FH is about 220 lbs. The guy that I assume is the second person involved looks to be about the same size. And the person that made the statement is a little over 5 feet, so its all relative I guess.

This is the first time I saw 9:45 Where did that come from?

Well, her "bad companions" (potential drug connection/felons) on whatever type of trip this was, seem unlikely to have sent a text saying she thought she was in the middle of trouble.

So I guess that would leave us with the possibility that one of the purported coworkers wrote the text.

I still tend to think this unlikely, as many people have, at minimum, fingerprint touch ID enabled on their phones which is needed to unlock them after a certain time; and that's if they aren't using FaceID; but it's not impossible.

I don't think LE gave a more detailed description because, quite frankly, I don't think they believed the people involved. No detailed descriptions, no clothing description, no security footage from anywhere and no searches for a body. This never felt like a typical missing persons case.

They had him in jail. Didn't need help in finding him.

They've sworn out a warrant based on information they've obtained from multiple witnesses. The man they're looking for at least somewhat matches the description. They had even arrested or "detained" him back in December.

Thanks - time frame in the video? I'm sure I didn't hear it, so that would be helpful.

ETA: just listened again to the presser here Authorities actively searching for registered sex offender in connection to Paighton Houston’s death and 3am was never mentioned at all.
I didn't watch the whole thing as I was at work. Not sure if what I was watching was the actual PC or a media scrum afterwards. The cop said that they believe she was killed at about 3:00 am and gave the full address of the second location. I know this for a fact because I immediately looked in to that property and found that it was owned by another Hampton.

FH is about 220 lbs. The guy that I assume is the second person involved looks to be about the same size. And the person that made the statement is a little over 5 feet, so its all relative I guess.

5'11 180lbs, if currently a user, could be less, imo. 5'11 and 220 is not heavy set at all. A person, a women's height does not make her change perceptions about weight or make her more fragile, then a woman who is 5'9 and 120 lbs, unless in their minds everyone who is not model thin is heavy set, imo. There were no two heavyset fat men there that night or bar patrons would notice them, and corroborated the description.

In my opinion for a short person, height would be more detailed and immediately noticed than weight, then weight could be subconsciously noted, enough to give a better description, imo.

I've only seen a headshot of FH. His personal appearance is not particularly disturbing. PH was almost 30, correct? She wasn't a college kid either.

I don't live in Alabama, so I can't speak to how much his being black stands out in the crowd. From the photos I've seen, I would say yes, absolutely. But a 50 year old going out to hear a band doesn't seem that odd to me. I'm close to his age, and while it wouldn't be an every Friday kind of thing anymore, sure, I still go. I see guys older than me (I'm a woman), when I'm out to. Usually trying to pick up younger women.

I'm not sure what happened here, but I'm not going to be shocked if we find out they knew each other previously.

I didn't watch the whole thing as I was at work. Not sure if what I was watching was the actual PC or a media scrum afterwards. The cop said that they believe she was killed at about 3:00 am and gave the full address of the second location. I know this for a fact because I immediately looked in to that property and found that it was owned by another Hampton.
Please provide a link for this information. TIA.

They had him in jail. Didn't need help in finding him.

Exactly, but not enough circumstantial evidence, it went from reasonable, to no probable, and next, released. But, it seems the 2 heavy set guys were never updated or spoken in detail further along in the case, because they had their guy. They only need tips, detective work, and/or luck, to solve and piece together the puzzle pieces.
Or, it was a run of the mill case, yet this has not happened yet, making it one heck of a mystery novel, imo.

This is the first time I saw 9:45 Where did that come from?
I actually recall 10:45 being the time she was reported as leaving.

ETA: Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave

"Birmingham police officials have previously said that Houston went with co-workers to the Tin Roof, a bar and live music venue on 7th Avenue in downtown Birmingham, the night of Dec. 20, but left willingly around 10:45 p.m. with two heavy-set black men."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname