IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it is not his job to investigate, or determine whether what they are saying is the truth. He is paid to stand in their shoes, and articulate what they are saying, and to navigate their case through the courts. It is the judge or jury who determines if what they say is true.

When I was reading on the "Motion to Dismiss" yesterday, I came across the statement that the court assumes that what the plaintiff says is true at this point. I.E. a "Motion to Dismiss" is common procedure, but not easy to pull off.

bbm. I don’t know if that’s necessarily true. Don’t lawyers have an obligation to not bring forth baseless lawsuits that serve only to clog up the court systems? Isn’t it an attorney’s duty to determine if their clients even have a case?

I’ve heard of attorneys being sanctioned for such behavior.

Last edited:
I actually thought it was the opposite. It's the younger folks who don't think he looks old for his age because they think 51 is ancient. Whereas to me, 51 isn't "old" so I would expect someone his age to look considerably younger than he does. My husband is older than SA but looks younger than he does. SA looks older than most of the 50 somethings that I know. I've also seen a lot of comments on social media theorizing that his being "elderly" or possibly suffering from dementia may have contributed to his acts. So I don't think I'm alone in thinking that he looks older than his age.

Yes, I've seen the comments, too. None of us really know what we look like to other people. I think good genetics is most of it.

Etsy?
In the Estsy liked list, along with the baby items and jewelry, there were photos of what looked looked framed maps of the Caribbean.
@justice4allnow Excuse my etsy- ignorance. Maybe I misread(?) ~ mo ago, KS-W was an etsy maker/vendor for these sister-in-heaven type items. Was that a mis-read?

Now are these posts ^ about a list or etsy wishlist KS-W posted on/from etsy? Similar to a wishlist an individual can be create on amazon? So search etsy w her name, result = her wishlist?

Last edited:
Etsy?
@justice4allnow Excuse my etsy- ignorance. Maybe I misread(?) ~ mo ago, KS-W was an etsy maker/vendor for these sister-in-heaven type items.
Now are these posts ^ about a list or etsy wishlist KS-W posted on/from etsy? Similar to a wishlist an individual can be create on amazon? So search etsy w her name, result = her wishlist?

The wishlist is on her Etsy page under “lists.” Those items are on it.

bbm. I don’t know if that’s necessarily true. Don’t lawyers have an obligation to not bring forth baseless lawsuits that serve only to clog up the court systems? Don’t they first need determine if their clients even have a case?

I’ve heard of attorneys being sanctioned for such behavior.

In reality, I think the "courts" like being clogged. I've always heard that anybody can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean you'll win, but our laws come into being through the courts. Its an industry. And there are many, many lawyers scrambling for work. The law schools have put out more than what is needed. And you really can't determine what is "baseless" until its heard before a court.

So many comments in the Daily Mail article refer to SA’s drinking problem and multiple citations for DUI’s. Is there any truth to this?

I know about his multiple seatbelt violations but I’ve never heard anything about a DUI or a drinking habit.

Last edited:
Etsy?
@justice4allnow Excuse my etsy- ignorance. Maybe I misread(?) ~ mo ago, KS-W was an etsy maker/vendor for these sister-in-heaven type items. Was that a mis-read?
Just type easy and her name and the items she has favorited, liked or wish-listed appears, Many pages, the maps were on page 3 and 4.

So many comments in the Daily Mail article refer to SA’s drinking problem and multiple citations for DUI’s. Is there any truth to this?

I know about his multiple seatbelt violations but I’ve never heard anything about a DUI or a drinking habit.
I noticed that too, don't tonk its accurate according to info posted so far.

IMO he has some facial features and a build that could indicate an alcoholic.

Please note that I am not saying SA is an alcoholic, but his appearance has features that often indicate a long history with alcohol.

This is probably the reason why Chloe's parents told SA not to submit to breathalyzer or blood tests ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa