Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family raises no suspicions.
Not Tammy's children but there was discontent in others in the extended family regarding the handling of her death and burial that at least one was saying was suspicious. Again, I don't know who specifically, but I heard there were some that weren't happy. I'm not sure how far that went into formal inquiry with LE.

ETA: It gave us all a reason to explain why he left so quickly after the memorial service. And why he'd remove to Hawaii to help edit a book. As we were told.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your patience with me. Especially @Tricia and others who know who you are. This is serious. People have died. AC was being charged with CV's murder by AZ LE. This case is very active. I wanted to speak about what I know, then reconsidered because there are still many innocent people involved that are in real danger whether they know it or not, especially the two missing children. I told Tricia to hold off at first. I'm more confident now, but this is all still very scary.

Yes, his and Tammy's family members were on vacation away from home until after Sunday Dec 1 so I don't know whether or not he or they attended church on vacation. Where was the vacation? I have said it was not Las Vegas nor Hawaii. LE has the location. It may come out eventually. I need to stress that they are victims here. They lost their beloved mother. I know there have been threats and accusations from the public toward them. I hope WS community was not involved. Let's continue to consider all the innocents in this case.

The original comment is here, just explore a little:
Rexburg Police Department
Also, yes, the Rexburg PD post commenter says Chad drove a 2011 black Equinox which is true (when looking at the Google maps satellite image it's in the driveway, parked just as Tammy parked it–that's so very sad). I further believe his statement for another reason: I kept repeating the vehicles in the hopes that I could find an alternate source (apart from my own knowledge). Now that I'm verified, I'll tell you that I had been asked to identify whether I had seen AC in Rexburg and possible vehicles are the F150 (silver color Platinum package --hence my Tempe shooting panic), the 2012 4Dr Jeep Wrangler Limited (also silver color, with black trim like the one I shared a while back) (whether that's Tylee's Jeep? I don't know), and the 2019 Nissan Rogue (blue). The photos could have been in the lot left at the apartment (Nov 27th) or could have been surveilled from earlier. Or the photos could be of cars of the same model and color. My guess that one or more are active or were active in November to early December. I assume LE have one or more in impound from the pictures shared. So, if we're looking for active vehicles, we can consider those that LE was asking about. Also, I'd think the Infinity registered to CV or the Equinox are viable candidates to be alert for especially since they both appear to have tinted windows. If they dumped them as was suggested, or have flown somewhere, then I guess you're right. It doesn't matter.

@lurker042 Thank you for your comments. I hope you don't think I was referring to you since you quoted me. No, I don't think your contributions have been disinformation but in fact very helpful and valuable. Keep posting if you need to. I know you are doing what you feel is right. Stay safe. Love your neighbors.

Thank you. I agree about lurker042

Thank you! This can't be easy but your willingness to help is so appreciated.

Not Tammy's children but there was discontent in others in the extended family regarding the handling of her death and burial that at least one was saying was suspicious. Again, I don't know who specifically, but I heard there were some that weren't happy. I'm not sure how far that went into formal inquiry with LE.

ETA: It gave us all a reason to explain why he left so quickly after the memorial service. And why he'd remove to Hawaii to help edit a book. As we were told.
Tammy's children seem to have not questioned their father's behavior, but it's not surprising that the extended family would have been shocked by her death and his taking off right after the memorial and then showing up married a couple of weeks later, but we don't know if any of them were so suspicious that they might have contacted Idaho police. Because of some information on LDS Freedom Forum taken from a private forum in November, there was shock and confusion in the extended family, but would any of them have called police? I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

If that's true and Tammy's death was being investigated before Chad and Lori's marriage, you have to ask why? How would they have known to look into Chad?

I think there's a problem with this thinking because before Chad and Lori married, there's no connection between the two that anyone would know.

[Edited to add more of your quote]

"...no connection between the two that anyone would know..." except various Cox/Vallow family members, and law enforcement, and Preparing a People people (including podcast co-hosts), and podcast listeners, and anyone who googled Lori's name. The case against Alex was still being investigated, and the attempt against Brandon was fresh and was being investigated. Chad and Lori's names were publicly connected (via their podcasts) and also Kay Vallow Woodcock said Charles had suspected Lori was having an affair with Chad and showed her the "evidence" he had (this was in the press conference she and Larry did) and Brandon had told LE investigating his case about his wife's infatuation with the same beliefs as her aunt. These roads lead to Chad Daybell. Well, guess what Arizona LE sees when they look into Chad? His wife just died. Just because Tammy wasn't exhumed until December doesn't mean they weren't working on the warrant. We are talking about an Idaho LE agency getting permission from another state for exhumation. There's some amount of red tape, and needs to be sufficient probable cause--which they may not have had until after the disappearance of the children or gathering more evidence.

MOO, the Fremont County Sheriff did not misspeak when he said "a few days later [after Tammy's death]" Arizona contacted them. He is telling the story in a very sequential order, if you watch the interview (it's in the first two minutes:
). LE had connected Chad and Lori, before Chad and Lori showed up married.

Melani's attorney is primarily a family law attorney out of Salt Lake City (different county than American Fork). The hearing is a Waiver Hearing which, in Utah, is a formal plea bargaining session in order to avoid further court action.

If that's true and Tammy's death was being investigated before Chad and Lori's marriage, you have to ask why? How would they have known to look into Chad?
I think there's a problem with this thinking because before Chad and Lori married, there's no connection between the two that anyone would know. Tammy dies Oct. 19, is buried Oct 22. The simple autopsy shows nothing. The family raises no suspicions. What makes the connection to Lori public is when Chad returns from Hawaii in mid November to tell his family that he's married. What puts Chad on police radar is when they do a welfare check Nov. 26th on Lori Vallow and find her new husband Chad, and then find out Lori lied and go back the next day to find out they have taken off. THAT, I think is what they mean by 'a few days later'--Arizona tells Idaho, there have been 'deaths' meaning Lori's husband and likely they looked they into Chad and found his wife had died suddenly too. Because the police don't exhume her body till Dec. 11th and Alex isn't dead yet, he dies Dec. 12th.
People knew on Lori's side of the family. Charles suspected Lori of cheating with Chad, and shared that info with his sister. Brandon believes his wife changed after she started hanging out with Lori more, and became into the end of the world believer. Lori started reading Chad's books years ago, and became obsessed with these books, and at least one of her friends knew about it.

but we know Lori drove to Idaho after getting rid of the dog. I’m pretty sure she just didn’t want to deal with the dog’s care, I don’t think they ever went to Hawaii.
I think Lori and Chad went to Hawai as one of the local posters mentioned it but I think it was after the last sighting of the kids and after Tammy's death. I may be misremembering though. JMO.

Thanks for everything you have been willing to share. On this comment about the book, I think previously I had heard the trip to Hawaii as alternately a "business trip" (Gray Hughes video call-in person) "to grieve" or "work on a book," and I automatically assumed on the last one it meant Chad was going to *write* a book. But you're saying he said he was going there to "help edit a book"? If yes, this sparks my memory of something I saw elsewhere. And did he say or imply the trip had already been planned before Tammy died, or was he saying he came up with the Hawaii idea after her death?

Then, about the cars, when you are saying "photos," are you saying these were photos you were shown, in the context of being asked to identify if you had seen these vehicles/Alex in Rexburg? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you clearly.

So he went to Hawai after the memorial service. Do you have dates and, when he came back was he already married? Who told you he was editing a book and what book/author? ( Sorry so many questions, please only answer if you can). The book interests me as he appeared to want out of the book business according to JR, but Tammy wanted him to continue.

A Service dog should be chipped. I hope the doggy is still alive.

Hmmm... Perhaps the doggie's microchip was one more reason Lori wanted to get rid of him?
Was she paranoid about being tracked with the dog's chip? (I know it doesn't work that way and the chip only has basic info about the dog's owners that can be retrieved if it's scanned by a vet, but someone who is paranoid might think the government can track their every movements with a pet's microchip). When Lori changed the locks and removed CV and JJ's belongings from the AZ house in January 2019 it appears that she took the dog's collar, but not the dog. Her taking and hiding Bailey's service collar meant that it was more difficult for the dog to go everywhere JJ went. Maybe that was Lori's intent with hiding the collar?

Chad claims on his blog that the government encouraging human microchipping is one of the signs of the end that he predicted in his books. He wrote in 2015 (BBM):

“The Great Gathering” actually sold really well right from the start, and when the Great Recession hit in 2008, many readers wondered if the things I described in my book were already starting to happen.

I knew we were still several years away, though, because one of the key parts of the book involves the government encouraging human microchip implants. Even today some people will scoff at such a notion, but at least the technology exists now.

17- Writing “The Great Gathering” | cdaybell.com

Chad also did a podcast with a title about microchipping produced by that media company that we are no longer mentioning by name here (the podcast title and description can still be found for those who know where to look but the podcast was pulled and I don't think we are allowed to link to them anymore). MOO.

Last edited:
So he went to Hawai after the memorial service. Do you have dates and, when he came back was he already married? Who told you he was editing a book and what book/author? ( Sorry so many questions, please only answer if you can). The book interests me as he appeared to want out of the book business according to JR, but Tammy wanted him to continue.

The "to edit a book" explanation might just have been an excuse, not reality.

Did Tammy's side of the family knew anything about Lori before Tammy died?

I think it's boilerplate wording. The trespassing law seems to include intruding with a drone as well as with your personal body.

I don't know whether that would cover remote control of a cyborg, though.

Sorry, just getting punchy...

I assumed that was the case but decided I'd ask. The way this case has been going.... Cyborgs could apply. ;)

You mean maybe Alex....? Wow, I never thought of that, but it could explain a lot. And they're having trouble with the post-mortem exam because they can't find the batteries?

Haha... well Lori allegedly told Charles that she is a translated being that can't die, so maybe she thinks she is a cyborg! Or maybe she thought Charles was one when she said someone named Nick had taken over his body? Maybe that's why Charles had to die? Maybe that will be someone's justification later for all the deaths? I mean, Lori and Chad believe microchipping is a sign of the end. So Cyborgs somehow coming into this case is not too out there. Also, there is no shortage of MSM articles about microchip implants making us into cyborgs:
How I was turned into 'human cyborg' by having a microchip implanted under my SKIN
'Cyborg' technology aims to reduce the opioid epidemic one chip at a time
Cyborgs: The truth about human augmentation

:rolleyes::D;)

(But all joking aside, I do agree that the wording on the arrest is probably standard to cover all bases).

MOO.

Thank you all for your patience with me. Especially @Tricia and others who know who you are. This is serious. People have died. AC was being charged with CV's murder by AZ LE. This case is very active. I wanted to speak about what I know, then reconsidered because there are still many innocent people involved that are in real danger whether they know it or not, especially the two missing children. I told Tricia to hold off at first. I'm more confident now, but this is all still very scary.

Yes, his and Tammy's family members were on vacation away from home until after Sunday Dec 1 so I don't know whether or not he or they attended church on vacation. Where was the vacation? I have said it was not Las Vegas nor Hawaii. LE has the location. It may come out eventually. I need to stress that they are victims here. They lost their beloved mother. I know there have been threats and accusations from the public toward them. I hope WS community was not involved. Let's continue to consider all the innocents in this case.

Thank you for answering. I agree that Chad's family members (including his kids) are victims in this case. I was mostly interested in where Chad and Lori were for Thanksgiving, I was not trying to pin down his kids or other family member's locations. It seems very strange to me if Chad went away with his kids for a Thanksgiving vacation as if everything was normal. And I assume Lori went with him as his new wife since LE have told us she left Idaho with Chad, rather than stay and help search for her missing children. I'm guessing that Thanksgiving weekend may have been when Lori told "family" (meaning Chad's family IMO) that Tylee died in 2017 and Chad told his family Lori had no minor children.

I know you probably don't know this, but I wonder about what Chad told his family about the FBI raid on the Rexburg Townhouse. Perhaps he didn't bring it up at Thanksgiving at all? I also wonder what, if anything, Chad could say to his children once Rexburg police released the details of the welfare check and the search that happened the day before Thanksgiving? For example, did he claim that LE is lying about the children being missing? Did Chad pretend that he didn't know about the FBI search that happened? What reason could he and Lori give for not returning to Rexburg after Thanksgiving? What could he possibly say that would make his kids agree to the lawyer's statement that they are supporting their dad in this matter? Again, I'm not trying to criticize the kids for supporting their dad, since they have just lost their mom, but I am trying to figure out what they have been told by Chad.

It seems to me that we have two different versions of what happened Nov 26 and Nov 27 being told. The LE version is that Chad and Lori left town abruptly, basically fleeing from the law, immediately after lying to the LEOs checking on the welfare of JJ. And then we have Lori and Chad's version of events, which I can only guess about. Are they saying that they simply left Idaho for a normal family vacation, unaware of the FBI search for Lori's non-existent/deceased children, and they just happened to decide not to come back for the past 2 months? What justifications could they have possibly given for lying to LE and lying to their family members about Lori's kids? (These aren't questions for you RexburgSleuth, just some rhetorical questions I have had floating around in my head as we try to make sense of this whole mess).

MOO.

On this comment about the book, I think previously I had heard the trip to Hawaii as alternately a "business trip" (Gray Hughes video call-in person) "to grieve" or "work on a book," and I automatically assumed on the last one it meant Chad was going to *write* a book. But you're saying he said he was going there to "help edit a book"? If yes, this sparks my memory of something I saw elsewhere. And did he say or imply the trip had already been planned before Tammy died, or was he saying he came up with the Hawaii idea after her death?
The "to edit a book" explanation might just have been an excuse, not reality.

Chad left the Daybell home Oct 24, the day after Tammy's memorial service in Rexburg. This surprised me as I've said. I thought he was grieving because of statements that Tammy was there around every corner. Where he went? I wasn't aware of at that point. I assumed he moved into town (Rexburg) from Salem area.
Sunday the 27th was Stake Conference. No regular ward meetings. Two hours of instruction and worship in or broadcast from the stake center. I had not yet heard where Chad was at this point.
By Nov 3 I had heard he was in Hawaii helping a friend who was there writing a book. Also surprising, but as I first understood his prompt exit as grieving, I understood this as a way to get his mind off of the grief. I also took that to mean the friend was writing and Chad was there to help. I assumed because he would eventually publish the book or just because he had experience writing and publishing. Was he in Hawaii? Possibly. He wasn't in Salem, so he could have been anywhere. Either way, I'm convinced this was not the truth. Other VIs have stated the marriage was within two weeks of Tammy's death. Was he married in Hawaii?
By Nov 17 I heard that he had been married and was living in Rexburg in a townhouse with his new wife. This was so very shocking and surprising. I began to question whether Tammy died of natural causes or was killed. If killed, could it have been Chad? I still don't know that one. I don't believe it was. Who could kill Tammy? But now I don't know.
Thanksgiving weekend I knew the family was gone from home.
Dec 2 I knew where and why: family vacation. I was puzzled by the lack of his new wife present in the vacation photos (I still didn't know her name at this point, nor did I know of any prior children. If someone told me she had children I would have accepted that because of Chad's age).
EDIT: She was not in any of the photos posted. It took that to mean she wasn't present on the trip.
December 20 I found out with the rest of the world the beginnings of all the rest of this story.

Yes, I also later learned that he wanted out of the book business, wanted to sell the company in fact, and the house, but the family convinced him otherwise.

Then, about the cars, when you are saying "photos," are you saying these were photos you were shown, in the context of being asked to identify if you had seen these vehicles/Alex in Rexburg? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you clearly.
Yes, I was shown the F150, Jeep Wrangler 4dr, and Nissan Rogue, and was asked if I had known or had seen Alex Cox in Rexburg and if I recognized the vehicles. This was not until after the Jan 3 warrant search at the Daybell home.
ETA: I did not know or see AC anywhere or at any time in my life. I knew it was Alex from the photos online and from the LEO's questions.

Did Tammy's side of the family knew anything about Lori before Tammy died?
I am not sure if Tammy's children knew anything about Lori before Tammy died.

Last edited:

The original comment is here, just explore a little:
Rexburg Police Department
Also, yes, the Rexburg PD post commenter says Chad drove a 2011 black Equinox which is true (when looking at the Google maps satellite image it's in the driveway, parked just as Tammy parked it–that's so very sad). I further believe his statement for another reason: I kept repeating the vehicles in the hopes that I could find an alternate source (apart from my own knowledge). Now that I'm verified, I'll tell you that I had been asked to identify whether I had seen AC in Rexburg and possible vehicles are the F150 (silver color Platinum package --hence my Tempe shooting panic), the 2012 4Dr Jeep Wrangler Limited (also silver color, with black trim like the one I shared a while back) (whether that's Tylee's Jeep? I don't know), and the 2019 Nissan Rogue (blue). The photos could have been in the lot left at the apartment (Nov 27th) or could have been surveilled from earlier. Or the photos could be of cars of the same model and color. My guess that one or more are active or were active in November to early December. I assume LE have one or more in impound from the pictures shared. So, if we're looking for active vehicles, we can consider those that LE was asking about. Also, I'd think the Infinity registered to CV or the Equinox are viable candidates to be alert for especially since they both appear to have tinted windows. If they dumped them as was suggested, or have flown somewhere, then I guess you're right. It doesn't matter.

@lurker042 Thank you for your comments. I hope you don't think I was referring to you since you quoted me. No, I don't think your contributions have been disinformation but in fact very helpful and valuable. Keep posting if you need to. I know you are doing what you feel is right. Stay safe. Love your neighbors.

Thank you. I agree about lurker042

@RexburgSleuth THANK YOU for your courage in sharing and becoming a VI, and for your insight. I have seen horrible speculation about family members on all sides on social media, including the Daybell kids, Colby Ryan, Lori's sister, etc and so on. Even nasty comments about Kay and Larry. As I have said in various comments in various places, until I have evidence to the contrary, I will continue to believe that they are all collateral damage in Chad and Lori's mess. I can't imagine what ANY of them are going through. I've been following crime stories for 30 years, and I've learned to never, ever assume that how someone acts in the wake of trauma or tragedy is an indicator of guilt or hidden knowledge. We all react to grief and tragedy in our own way, and just because someone has been thrust into the spotlight of a high-profile case doesn't mean they shouldn't be afforded the space and consideration to do so as well.

<modsnip: Discussion of the random youtube blogger has been removed as it is not a WS approved source>

ETA I believe that their mindset is very important to understanding where they may be and what might have happened to the children (as well as CV, Alex, and Tammy....) If Chad, Lori, Melani, etc. believe that the world will be ending and they are a significant and important part of a holy army, then many horrible things can be justified in the name of their "mission."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is true. I don’t think we ever really confirmed what car was in the garage on July 11, either. But, if not the Rogue in garage, it wasn’t there, nor was Tylee’s Jeep.

Here is the article indicating two witnesses and that the video is real and a photo from article.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article239369388.html

I will move any of my further comments to the thread on the car specifically.

ETA: surely some authority has the ability to zoom in and see occupants from the video?

clarified bad grammar
5bef8e21-cfb0-404f-a331-2d1319baf6b7-jpeg.227196

Bringing this forward. Now that we know for certain there is a Nissan Rogue involved in the case, how certain are we about the car going off the cliff in California being a Lexus? It sure looks similar to a dark blue Rogue IMO:
OIP.muALbtECCvd7ftwNpZXO1AHaDG

OIP.vWwmDQh7UUhvpKEp1ubvQAHaFj

(Stock photos) 2019 blue Nissan Rogue - Bing images

Is the Rouge accounted for? When was the last time anyone heard from Lori or Chad?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member