TX names Incels a domestic terror threat

I’m sorry I don’t mean to offend but this laughably ignorant and wrong

there are certain groups who are oppressed on a systematic way to this day. And those group fight for equal rights to this day.

It takes a certain privilege to believe the world is fantasy bubble gum equal for everyone. because the reality it isn’t true and statistics back that up

I won’t argue with certain people here because their “beliefs” have been made clear as day.

again, I know some ppl here hve a different idea but I believe sexism (just like racism) is NOT an opinion and should not be treated as one.

Yelling fire in a theater isn’t just an opinion, Murder isn’t just a personal expression, (and unlike the quotes MRA and incel leaders argue and those beliefs, disturbingly, some ppl here want to defend for some reason) rape isn’t a right men should have.

I would hve thought that was a universal thought, but I guess not.

Respectfully, I don't agree with your first line - not sure that was the OP's point, but they of course can speak for themselves.

The mindset you are displaying above is a big problem in our world today. Some people simply cannot separate what is personally offensive vs. what is a crime. "I DON'T LIKE IT SO THEREFORE IT IS HATE!" There are a lot of viewpoints that I don't like, how nice it would be to label everything that I don't like "hate" and weaponize that to silence those who have opposing views. Do you not understand how dangerous this has the potential to become? Don't assume that it will always work in your favor. :)
Why would that be surprising? We have all of human history to show that those who speak against inequality and injustice will be punished for it by those with power. It is only pretty recently that people felt even a little free and safe to speak against bigotry and institutionalized injustice. Ironically, this is due to the litigation and advocacy of groups like SPLC.

Again, why aren't violent and degrading (to women) rap/other music lyrics and those who promote it and make it mainstream pop culture being called out on their website? What about drug dealers and traffickers who pimp women out and use them as sex slaves being called out? Isn't that hate too? Isn't that terrorism? Isn't that "male supremacy"?

They do call human traffickers out, and then some. However, this about labor, and not sexual exploitation. SPLC goes to trial in first phase of one of largest human trafficking cases in U.S. history (Not news reporting. Press release from their own website). Sex traffickers and drug dealers are committing major crimes, so presumably the government will call them out and hold them accountable. SPLC is not really not needed for that.

As for sexism in music, maybe so. But maybe that's because other groups fought for and won Parental Advisories and airplay restrictions a long time ago.

SPLC is currently facing its own reckoning with sexism and discrimination amongst its leadership. Every group must, as we move towards a more just society. That's progress.

Last edited:
i mean to say no one faces prejudice and no one in this country is oppressed is just objectively wrong. And spreading false information like that is dangerous

The "incels" probably feel discriminated against for not being handsome enough.

You may think it's funny that people without "looks" encounter a lot of discrimination , hurt & avoidance. I take whatever chance I get to engage & make them feel liked.

Sound like a bunch of hideous misogynistic cowards :mad:, obviously unable to form regular loving relationships with women so they want to resort to rape and beating, terrorising and abusing - WTF ? :rolleyes:.........bet their mammas are proud.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/incels-suicide-forum-woman-killed-herself

An online suicide forum that the family of a 25-year-old womanrecently blamed for her killing herself is run by incels — or “involuntary celibates” — who own several other incel communities online, one of the founders disclosed to BuzzFeed News.....

“There are many many posts on the incel forum celebrating deaths of people they don't respect, namely young women,” he (a member of the forum) said.

As in most other incel communities, women are “banned on sight, no exceptions,” on Incels.co. Several threads by members of the site celebrate women’s deaths and advocate for violence against women, who are referred to as “femoids” or “foids.”

“If foids where [sic] being gendercided, and slaved and mass raped, I woun’t [sic] care,” one thread read.

On another thread, about the killing of a South Carolina college student who got into a car she’d mistaken for an Uber, members called her a “dumb foid” and said the story gave them “lifefuel” — a term sometimes used by incels in response to women suffering.

“Every time I think about femoids, specifically the ones that rejected me, I’m thrown into an uncontrollable rage,” one member wrote in a thread. “I can’t help but smile every time I hear stories of holes suffering.”

The member then went on to call a 16-year-old boy who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a 14-year-old in the UK last year his “true hero.”

These guys are self-described, not labeled. They're not being painted by any brush. They are venting and spreading their hatred of women on forums all over the Internet.

And just FYI, lots of people (both sexes) are considered to be unattractive by society's standards. By the same token, lots of people who are considered attractive on the outside are ugly on the inside. This is our world and always has been. Most folks are able to figure it out without blaming an entire segment of the population for their own shortcomings.

These guys are self-described, not labeled. They're not being painted by any brush. They are venting and spreading their hatred of women on forums all over the Internet.

And just FYI, lots of people (both sexes) are considered to be unattractive by society's standards. By the same token, lots of people who are considered attractive on the outside are ugly on the inside. This is our world and always has been. Most folks are able to figure it out without blaming an entire segment of the population for their own shortcomings.

Just because most folks don't speak out doesn't mean they don't blame an entire segment for what they perceive as unfairness. I didn't use shortcomings because being unattractive, too heavy, too short, baldness, acne or whatever are not shortcomings to me,

Yep. They call themselves ugly because they cannot understand why women are repelled by them. They don't understand human interaction, so it's simpler to chalk it up to "I'm not a Chad" instead of facing their inability to relate to women as individuals in caring, non-transactional ways. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but many of these guys would be considered attractive by women - if only they treated women with actual respect. But they are unwell and unable to do so.

ETA I am curious if counseling helps at all. I knew a guy who labeled himself this way. He was deeply depressed and deeply self-absorbed. He also expressed resentment towards women for wearing revealing clothing in warmer weather. I always hoped he would get help.

Last edited:
Just because most folks don't speak out doesn't mean they don't blame an entire segment for what they perceive as unfairness. I didn't use shortcomings because being unattractive, too heavy, too short, baldness, acne or whatever are not shortcomings to me,

I don't consider physical characteristics to be shortcomings. I do consider hatred, misogyny, sense of entitlement and violent tendencies to be shortcomings. I have always been much more attracted to a good sense of humor than anything else. But I don't see a lot of humor in these dudes.

Thanks to all for responding to my questions. What crime landed this thread in "crimes in the news"?

Thanks to all for responding to my questions. What crime landed this thread in "crimes in the news"?

Sorry, I posted the thread...as it relates to crime and did not know where else to post it...mods can always move it, or delete it.

Right. If we argue about what is and isn't hate, then we need to think about where hate comes from. What mindsets lead to actual crimes or institutionally-backed oppression? What are the steps along the way from mere words on SM or a grifter's convention to oppressive legislation or a mass shooting? Even if those steps are not crimes (and are indeed free speech), public censure of them is warranted, as we all have a role in creating a just, civil, and peaceful society.

Before we can think about where hate comes, we need to define "hate". As I said before, there are certain groups in society who label anything and anyone they don't agree with as "hate" or "hateful".

For example, I personally believe that burning the American flag is hateful and an act of terrorism. The person who burns the American flag might view their act as an expression of dissatisfaction, or oppression, or maybe they just woke up that day and felt like it. That person might feel that even though I am offended by it, it doesn't necessarily represent hate, and it's their right as a citizen to do so.

Who is right? Who decides whose viewpoint is correct? This is where it gets complicated.

The OP's article associating the word "incel" and "terrorist" is over the top and reckless. Although their viewpoints can be considered vulgar and offensive, it is an irresponsible leap to label them "terrorists" just because they say things you don't like.

Public censure is one thing. Hysteria and witch hunts are another thing altogether. Are "incels" the new "satanic cults" of the 80's and early 90's?

Sorry, I posted the thread...as it relates to crime and did not know where else to post it...mods can always move it, or delete it.

I try to avoid reporting threads, but count on posters to play by the rules. Mods have a tough job & don't have time to read every thread & I hope we don't cause them more work. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back