AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Paighton overdosed. That is not my opinion. That is the coroner's finding.

Might there be a murder charge, or some other charge forthcoming? Possibly. Time will tell.

This is my opinion.....Throughout this entire case, reading just about every post, if not all of them, there have been various opinions on addiction. I had posted several times that if drugs/alcohol were not involved in PH's death I'd be surprised.

I speak from the vantage point of 27 years of sobriety. And this is for me. It is my opinion. It is how I see things from my vantage point. Take it or leave it. If you are an addict/alcoholic, and you hang out in a barbershop long enough, you'll get a haircut.

I don't keep rattlesnakes in my underwear drawer.

Once you're a pickle, you can never become a cucumber again.

There is no such thing as moderation, or management, or controlled drinking/using.

The results of addiction are 4......1. prison 2. psychiatric institutions 3. death 4. recovery

I apologize up front, if I sound crass, however, this case clearly shows the truth of addiction, the denial, the rationalization, the co-dependency, the enabling, the entire gamut.

PH died from addiction.

MOO
I at first thought that PH relapsed because that would be the only reason to go to the bar. I figured that she texted her true BFF, Jennifer, that she would be okay and that she was going to keep GC safe as an excuse.

Then, I totally switched my thinking to the "Hallmark" version believing that she was somehow coerced or unknowingly was exposed to drugs where she overdosed.

I'm not an addict but have addictive personality tendencies. I control what I do because I don't want to screw up my good life. That being said, there are several addicts in my immediate family. They have hit rock bottom over and over again. I don't understand it because I can't understand how an individual would choose this kind of life over a good life. It doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully, we will get some form of the real truth in the near future; however, I'm not counting on it.

I totally agree with all of your analogies. If you are an alcoholic, you don't get a job as a bartender. If you are hanging around using addicts, you will be tempted to use yourself. Heck, I might even be tempted to give it a try if I didn't have an extreme fear of overdosing and dying.

Kudos to your 27 years of sobriety. One day at a time.

Paighton Houston’s mother, Charlaine Houston, who was vocal online throughout the search for her daughter, had not written anything on Facebook since Hampton was captured or since her daughter’s cause of death was released. Her most recent post as of Thursday morning was a Crime Stoppers poster seeking Hampton’s whereabouts.

“Let's bring him back to his prison cell where he spent 20 years,” Charlaine Houston wrote. “He needs to be off the street before he puts someone else in a shallow grave like he did Paighton.”

Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; suspect in burial nabbed in Ohio

EPh_2tSWoAA_VL8
This is Fredrick Hampton’s Ohio mugshot after his capture last night. This morning authorities said Paighton Houston died from an accidental opioid overdose. https://al.com/news/birmingham/2020/01/coroner-paighton-houston-died-of-accidental-drug-overdose.html

ETA
carol robinson
@RobinsonCarol

So I just have a question, asking in general not just this case. Can someone force someone to overdose on drugs, and it can't be determined whether they take it or not? If burying a corpse will give a light sentence. What is stopping people from harming someone like that?

Across a dimly lit bar - this is in fact what I would consider an overweight black male.
The discussion of how he couldn't have been the "heavyset black male" always made me laugh. It's a dark bar and grainy CCTV footage. It's winter time, and urban street wear for someone like FH is often large boots, baggy jeans, and a big heavy coat. Sounds "heavy set" to me.

I just feel that if they had evidence of rape, they would have gone after FH harder and made it clear to the public he was wanted in connection with a rape too.
How much harder do you suggest?
The Federal Marshals hunted him down. Broke the barier door and hauled his running hiding behind in to stand accountable.

Missing Alabama woman's death ruled accident; suspect caught
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The death of an Alabama woman whose body was found in a shallow grave about two weeks after she disappeared has been ruled an accidental overdose.
Paighton Houston, 29, died of morphine and methamphetamine toxicity, Jefferson County Coroner Bill Yates told news outlets Thursday morning. It has been classified as a drug-opioid death, Yates said.
Missing Alabama woman's death ruled accident; suspect caught

Paighton Houston’s mother, Charlaine Houston, who was vocal online throughout the search for her daughter, had not written anything on Facebook since Hampton was captured or since her daughter’s cause of death was released. Her most recent post as of Thursday morning was a Crime Stoppers poster seeking Hampton’s whereabouts.

“Let's bring him back to his prison cell where he spent 20 years,” Charlaine Houston wrote. “He needs to be off the street before he puts someone else in a shallow grave like he did Paighton.”

Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; suspect in burial nabbed in Ohio

Actually she gave us a heads up on 1/27

So I just have a question, asking in general not just this case. Can someone force someone to overdose on drugs, and it can't be determined whether they take it or not? If burying a corpse will give a light sentence. What is stopping people from harming someone like that?

The assault/attempted murder of the suspect would likely result in more severe sentence!

If FH supplied the illicit drugs (morphine & methamphetamines), he will likely be charged with felony murder. It seems to me that there is insufficient evidence where the drugs came from at this time. I hope the coroner's report finally puts to rest no sexual assault.

PH's accidental OD should come of no surprise. She was at risk every single day. She gambled and she lost. I think it's important to note that the COD was not "heroin." I believe PH made a promise not to touch heroin again and this gave those that loved her a false sense of security.

Lifting her family in prayer. Much comfort and peace to her family, friends, and community.

MOO

I guess if there was evidence of a rape, this would have been reported already correct?
They might be able to determine that she had sex; however, they might not be able to determine if it were consensual or not. You have to be able to prove it in a court of law.

Also, I wish that they would have done a hair follicle test to see if drugs were in her system other than this night.

JMO.

The assault/attempted murder of the suspect would likely result in more severe sentence!

If FH supplied the illicit drugs (morphine & methamphetamines), he will likely be charged with felony murder. It seems to me that there is insufficient evidence where the drugs came from at this time. I hope the coroner's report finally puts to rest no sexual assault.

PH's accidental OD should come of no surprise. She was at risk every single day. She gambled and she lost. I think it's important to note that the COD was not "heroin." I believe PH made a promise not to touch heroin again and this gave those that loved her a false sense of security.

Lifting her family in prayer. Much comfort and peace to her family, friends, and community.

MOO
BBM
Heroin shows up as morphine on toxicology reports, so we cannot rule out that she was using heroin when she died.

How would the coroner know if an OD was accidental? Could there be evidence of other recent drug use such as through hair analysis? Would they depend on witness statements? Would they just assume it was accidental based on history or lifestyle? By rule do they just default to accidental unless they can prove otherwise?

Across a dimly lit bar - this is in fact what I would consider an overweight black male.
Consider the source.
I would say he is cocky stocky built.
Bald with facial hair.
I do not think he looks like a person doing drugs 24/7
Looks pretty healthy no meth damage signs.
Could pass for 40ish.
Glad he has been apprehended.
Waiting for his side of the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member