Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't listen to these because they are just too awful - but this one I decided to - it's heartbreaking especially now knowing what we do. poor Mom and FS. sigh....
JMO

Yeah I'm not going there this time. Not going to give me any new information. I'll just wait. No need to put that into my memory banks.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> ... Beginning Monday evening, LE began canvassing the neighborhood knocking on doors -- making inquiry about the missing child Faye. CT was one of hundreds that answered his door and invited LE to enter.

Keep in mind that LE would need probable cause to obtain a search warrant to thoroughly search his apartment. Deceased male was not known to police and had no criminal history -- there are no reports that the deceased male roused suspicion by LE.

Crucial evidence was found in his garbage bin on trash collection day that led investigators to Faye's body. FBI, state and local authorities did a great job focusing on the neighborhood.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Police had talked to him and searched inside his home, they said.

Investigators link death of 30-year-old neighbor to homicide of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

Wow, so Faye might not have been in the house when LE initially searched. Wouldn't the dogs pick up the scent if she was in the trunk of his car. I'll say it again, LE's lockdown really kept all of the evidence in one area. Heartbreaking that Faye's loved ones were searching for her and she was so close. JMO

Jmo, after they found evidence in the trash pointed to CT, they went back to search around his house (where they had already searched). His house backs up to the Woods behind Napa. A picture posted of his backyard with yellow tape around it shows overturned containers. Possibly she was hidden in a container in his backyard/edge of woods? Or Hastily buried there just in woods.

The way they zeroed in on the neighborhood from the beginning they seemed to know that she had not left. Also posted a picture of his car earlier so already suspected him. Maybe the trash search was also an attempt to flush him out

Last edited:
I'm sorry everyone. I'm not trying to be dense here but I can't wrap my head around what they could have found in a trash can for CT's address that lead them to finding FS. They had already searched the area several times as stated in this morning's presser. I know he said the item was on the missing person flyer and it must be an article of clothing but how did that lead them to Faye's location?

LIVE: Update on 6-year-old Faye Swetlik who was found dead Thursday

omg. Just heartbreaking. You can tell mom has been crying a long time before making the call. I can not imagine her panic or the emptiness she feels now. Hugging my babies tight today.
No wonder she never made a public plea, she’s a wreck! If I step outside and don’t see my dogs, I freak. Probably many of us in our parenting days had a child get out of eyesight for a second and understand the panic. Think how it would feel after an hour.....

I'm sorry everyone. I'm not trying to be dense here but I can't wrap my head around what they could have found in a trash can for CT's address that lead them to finding FS. They had already searched the area several times as stated in this morning's presser. I know he said the item was on the missing person flyer and it must be an article of clothing but how did that lead them to Faye's location?

LE said that once they found the key piece of evidence in the trash can, they then researched the same location and found her. They do not believe that she was there before since they thoroughly searched that area previously. The trash can was very close to the area she was found.

One of the investigator's just happened to discover Faye's body when he was going through the little forest that was by Napa for another quick search

LE said in PC that it was an item listed on the missing poster so JMO, perhaps an article of clothing or perhaps a shoe.

If CT is the monster that killed her, LE finding an article of Faye's clothing in his trash can does not mean that she was killed in his house. Where has it been stated officially that she wasn't killed where she as found?

JMO

If CT is the monster that killed her, LE finding an article of Faye's clothing in his trash can does not mean that she was killed in his house. Where has it been stated officially that she wasn't killed where she as found?

JMO

I'm speculating that LE found a small 'rain boot with polka dots' which had some fairly fresh pine needles/leaves/dirt debris on it which led LE to believe Faye was transferred to a location in the woods.
JMO.

Shanté Sumpter on Twitter
Crime scene tape is in front of the entrance way to this apartment. It’s right around the coroner from the apartment Faye Swetlik lived in. @wachfox
EQvxpHnX0AYoPcX.jpg

EQvxpHlXYAEwmL6.jpg

11:31 AM - 14 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

Shanté Sumpter on Twitter
The apartment number is 602. Two deputies are outside of the apartment. Media is being told to stay about 30 yards back. @wachfox
11:39 AM · Feb 14, 2020 from Cayce, SC·Twitter for iPhone

Shanté Sumpter on Twitter (Video)
Jmo, after they found evidence in the trash pointed to CTs house, they went back to search around the house. It backs up to the Woods behind Napa. A picture posted of his backyard with yellow tape around it shows overturned containers. Possibly she was hidden in a container
is that the back yard of 602 ?

^^bbm

Admit they missed her? Beginning Monday evening, LE began canvassing the neighborhood knocking on doors -- making inquiry about the missing child Faye. CT was one of hundreds that answered his door and invited LE to enter.

Keep in mind that LE would need probable cause to obtain a search warrant to thoroughly search his apartment. Deceased male was not known to police and had no criminal history -- there are no reports that the deceased male roused suspicion by LE.

Crucial evidence was found in his garbage bin on trash collection day that led investigators to Faye's body. FBI, state and local authorities did a great job focusing on the neighborhood.

MOO

not to mention Faye might have been in the sought after silver sedan, with it parked off site. Jmo

Hello folks! I have been gone from this site a long time (years), but I have missed it!

What I learned from the presser:
1. They said they had been following around the garbage trucks picking up various trash bins.
2. They had the trash bin emptied and searched before trash was put in truck
3. In one of those bins, they found a critical item.
4. That critical item was found in a trash bin/dumpster from an identified area close to the woods.
5. From that critical item find, they were able to narrow a wooded area down. (I think likely a NAPA auto parts trash bin)
6. They were planning out a focused search when one of the lead detectives found Faye's body.
7. Around the same time, but AFTER they found Faye, they discovered the body of Coty Taylor at another location (his home).
8. They did not disclose how they found Coty Taylor. They also did not say that Finding Faye lead to finding Coty Taylor. (but there is rumor going around that he was found by another source).

My opinion: Just because Faye's body *may* not have been there when searched before, and because they believe that the body was recently placed at that location, that does not mean that she was alive all week. It could mean that he moved her body from one location to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53