Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me

it sounded as tho they didn't believe sweet Faye was at his apt the whole time. I think that's why they are still asking if ANYONE remembers seeing him or ANYTHING since Monday, any tip. Because they said they JUST don't know where she was.

I remember when I was a young juvenile delinquent living in apartments. I always knew about nooks and crannies where I could hide things I didn't want to get caught with at home. Most of them don't look like they apply here, but the point is someone with a devious mind will find places to hide things. And at the time of the original searches they were probably not doing full, exhaustive searches, just cursory searches, looking for obvious signs, clues, evidence, probable cause.

Below are the details I'm having issues with. I do believe that CT was the murderer, I just believe what is missing is his mental state and personality. Based on what was shared about him he was not stupid, and this crime seems like it was done by someone mentally not there. (Everyone will comment that no one who does this is mentally there, but some crimes are meticulously thought out and committed, and others are random and spur of the moment)

1. Having one boot in the trash can
May have fell off and he wanted to get rid of it? But why didn't he keep these items in his home? If they searched it before, you would think he could hide it in the same place he had kept her during the week?
2. The soup ladle with fresh dirt on it? This would have taken hours to dig a hole? I get he might not have had a shovel but I can't see anyones next thought being to grab a large spoon to dig with?
3. Suicide by cutting his throat - just not as common of a way to kill yourself
I'm curious why he didn't flee, and the kill himself (if that was his goal) in a simpler type of way.
4. No former police record (I am curious about the police sketch that looks similar to him though)
5. Where was he keeping her during the week; unless he was able to hide her in his house while the police searched it
Rotted his brain smoking too much weed I'd bet. Compounded by sleep deprivation from gaming addiction maybe. JMO. I've seen this plenty of times with people our age. Or was already suicidal and wanted to inflict maximum damage before doing it. Changed his mind when it looked like he could get away with it and then it fell down so back to plan A.

Sorry if that is not an approved MSM source. Sadly, too late for me to edit now. However - ask and ye shall receive :

Kidnapping suspect sketch released

a9ff1b39-80ee-4f76-b585-5e8de7385a21-suspect20pic.JPG
Did you read this before posting? First, it was 8 years ago and second, this suspect is believed Hispanic and nowhere near the age 22 (CT's age 8 years ago).:eek:

You can always self-report and request a Moderator delete post for you.

As I understand it, a body produces cadaverine within moments after death, which is what cadaver dogs are smelling for. I think there could have been an odor if he didn't do something like put her in the fridge or freezer. If he and his room mate were like many bachelors, there would have been plenty of room for a small body. Even in the fridge, a body would continue to decompose pretty quickly. He could have bought more time putting the body in the freezer. JMO.
Which is why I think he used a freezer.... no odor, east to transport in a duffle bag or food box, nobody is going to root around the bottom of a freezer, and look in a box that looks like food.

I thought perhaps he put her in his car trunk & maybe parked off site, close enough to walk in/out of the complex area. Possibly he abducted her straight to his car & sped off the property, to a remote area. After killing her walked home. LE talked with him Wednesday, did they mention speaking with him on Tuesday? Idk if he was home or not.
If he parked off property maybe he brought his car home Wednesday after his encounter with LE. Moo
Don't think so. If he sped off to a remote area, he wouldn't have had time to walk home. Why would he have brought her body back to the neighborhood? On foot? He'd be seen carrying her. In his car? LE would have stopped him.

I really don't think CT anticipated that a huge presence of law enforcement would take up residence in his neighborhood and set up entry/exit checkpoints until she was found.
Not many neighborhoods can be so easily managed. We don’t know if LE did get tips from within the neighborhood, they could have received a vague “I saw....but can’t really remember...”, giving them reason to suspect the perp was from the neighborhood. Moo

Sounds like he was heavily involved in the League of Legends community on reddit. Have a feeling there's a lot of overlap between that community and the incel community, though I didn't see him posting or commenting over there on his page. He could have easily had another account though. I'm guessing he was depressed and had very low self esteem his whole life, my guess is that that plus a gaming addiction led to him dropping out of college. I wonder if he self harmed by cutting. That would make him slitting his own throat make more sense.

Such a tragedy for poor Faye, her family, and her community. I am so heartbroken.

I thought perhaps he put her in his car trunk & maybe parked off site, close enough to walk in/out of the complex area. Possibly he abducted her straight to his car & sped off the property, to a remote area. After killing her walked home. LE talked with him Wednesday, did they mention speaking with him on Tuesday? Idk if he was home or not.
If he parked off property maybe he brought his car home Wednesday after his encounter with LE. Moo
Don't think so. If he sped off to a remote area, he wouldn't have had time to walk home. Why would he have brought her body back to the neighborhood? On foot? He'd be seen carrying her. In his car? LE would have stopped him.

did LE check every car trunk entering? Of course he didn’t walk carrying a corpse. He could have walked home Monday evening, that isn’t a violation. Wednesday he could have brought his car home. Speculation.

I still can't get past how he played it so cool during the interview on Wednesday, knowing full well he was the murderer, and didn't appear nervous or anxious as they looked around his residence/the crime scene. How did he do that? This wasn't his first offense and he had gotten very good at lying and concealing? Except he didn't know the community and Cayce LE would come out in fast force like they did. He unraveled after that interview/search. I'd like to see his secret online postings/activity and what was his behavior like last week? Did he miss work M-W? So many questions.

That soup ladle could have easily been cleaned in the sink and put away.
Yes! It also could have been left in the woods alongside her body. Either he wasn't too bright, or he was panicking. I think he brought her body out in a trash bag (maybe even with trash on top of her body?). Then afterward he could continue on to the trash can and still look like he was just taking out a bag of trash. After a rushed and feeble attempt at burial where he was expecting to be caught any moment, he dropped off the bag containing the ladle, the boot that came off in the bag, and the rest of the trash in the can before going inside. That's my guess. Definitely not the sharpest criminal. Regardless WHY it was there, the fresh dirt is why the police knew to go check the woods ASAP.

I'm also surprised that he didn't run after putting her body in the woods. It sounds like they were checking cars that were leaving the neighborhood, and if he didn't have any evidence hidden in his car..then I'm not sure what he would have been worried about as far as leaving goes. Unless there had been evidence in his trunk previously, and he was worried about LE detecting a "smell" if his car was searched on the way out.

Not surprised he didn't run. IMO he was probably a narcissist who still thought he had a chance of getting away with it.He put evidence in the trash can thinking that the investigators had already searched it. When he finally figured out that he was caught, he took the quickest cowardly way out, *JMO*

Miranda Parnell WIS on Twitter
#FayeSwetlik’s principal is speaking. She tells us how Faye would bounce into breakfast every morning with a bright, wide-eyed smile. @wis10
ERF9GOkXUAUcMhP.jpg

5:53 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Rochelle Dean TV on Twitter
@AlexisFrazierTV is covering the ongoing candlelight vigil for #fayeswetlik outside @CityofCayce city hall. Mayor Elise Partin "What happened was unspeakable but that's not all we saw. We saw who we are in the worst of times. What we saw was also alot of good in the community "
ERF-IjbWAAALp6E.jpg

5:57 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Not surprised he didn't run. IMO he was probably a narcissist who still thought he had a chance of getting away with it.He put evidence in the trash can thinking that the investigators had already searched it. When he finally figured out that he was caught, he took the quickest cowardly way out, *JMO*
I hear ya, but I don't think he was a narcissist. I think there was a combination of things going on: panic, self-loathing, assurance he would be caught, fear of prison, and perhaps shame knowing his family would be devastated. I think he thought very low of himself, not like a narc who feels superior to others.

jmopinion

^^bbm

When LE was canvassing more than 280 homes in the neighborhood, residents consenting to a search were most likely allowing the canvasser to enter their home while investigators asked them questions provided them by FBI to elicit valuable information, and basically do a walkthrough -- not a thorough search of concealed areas of the home.

If investigators had any suspicion after the introductory meet, they would follow-up with additional interviews and verify your story while gathering information and evidence to present probable cause to a judge for a search warrant of the residence. MOO

But how would he know that? Assuming he's a first time offender, you'd think that would be pretty darn brave or nervewracking to invite anyone to step one foot into a space you had your first murder victim's body hidden. I guess assuming the opposite, that he'd offended before, maybe he wouldn't worry they'd find her, given what you said.

I find it puzzling either way. I think depending on which way it goes, we might gain some insight onto whether or not this was his first rodeo.

This was before she was found. It sounds so eerie , like they already knew something.
Search effort to 'bring Faye home' continues, 1 of 2 vehicles sought located

"We can't share details of what may or may not have been found," Antley said. "We have to keep some parts of this investigation under wraps."

Investigators have been observed at a nearby landfill, and stopping trash collection trucks in the neighborhood.

"In an investigation like this, we are leaving no stone unturned," Antley said. " We are looking for even the smallest piece of evidence that could point us in the direction of bringing Faye home. Whether we find that in back yard of residence, whether we find that in trash truck, or whether we find that at a (garbage) collection center ... we just want to get it."

"We want to get it and provide it to our investigators and let them do what they do," Antley continued. "The FBI has a systematic way of doing things and it is proven to work, and that is what we're using. Our goal is still and remains to bring Faye home."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203