Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch the Dr. Oz episode? Are we allowed to discuss it?

I was at work so not able to watch, but I’m interested in hearing what others who watched have to say about it.
It was quite basic. They kept mentioning 2 years ago so I thought it was a rerun. They do not use the "guys" part of the audio. Just when I was ready to think it's old, Anna said it's been three years.
Mike Patty tells Dr Oz when asked that they have not seen the autopsy as it was sealed.

It was quite basic. They kept mentioning 2 years ago so I thought it was a rerun. They do not use the "guys" part of the audio. Just when I was ready to think it's old, Anna said it's been three years.
Mike Patty tells Dr Oz when asked that they have not seen the autopsy as it was sealed.

Thank you very much @heartgoesout I was wondering if there was any new information.

So people who had never been on RL's property, were there in the pitch black dark, and somehow know the exact spot where the girls were found claim they were there the night before?
I don't have the answer to that question. I can only reiterate that we have had reports over three years that the area was searched. That's why it's such a hot topic.

I don't have the answer to that question. I can only reiterate that we have had reports over three years that the area was searched. That's why it's such a hot topic.

Does anyone have a MSM link to the area being searched? I remember the rumors but they seemed to fall apart when looked at more closely. moo

What would three signatures of a crime scene be in a case like this? Manner of death, whether there was SA or not and staging of the crime scene e.g leaving a calling card or staging the victims?

I also wonder when LE knew whether they were likely dealing with a serial killer or not.

Dear @Falling Down,

In my view, the positive side of the interviews is that the case is discussed on the news.

I feel it's important that Abby and Libby's case stays in the public's view, even if it's an interview here and there.

JMO

I agree that the case needs to stay in the public's view.

When they had the last big push of the new photo when LE said it was a local person who was the killer, most of the public had already turned away from the case because they didn't live in the Delphi vicinity and didn't know anyone from Delphi. TV viewers do not watch national news like they used to and even the viewers who do haven't heard about this case in a long time. They like to watch movies and old syndicated shows. They stay on their phones playing games or Facebooking and tune out the world.

I'm hoping John Walsh does a big segment about the girls and their murders and he can get the word out again to the public nationwide.

Does anyone have a link to where Ives is saying about these signatures?
I think it’s a teaser for the new podcast episode of Down the Hill that must launch tomorrow. But Ives basically says the same thing, minus the actual word signature, in the Scene of the Crime podcast (episode 3 and I think repeated in a later episode too). That’s when he goes on and on about the “odd” crime scene.

IMO: The pressers and information from LE aren't for "us." The primary goal is to progress the case. To find the perp and solve the case. Everything LE says publicly is mainly speaking to the murderer, with the intention of sending him a message. It doesn't matter if we like what LE says or doesn't say. So we can complain and bait and criticize all we want. We don't know a fraction of what LE does. They have a purpose in their messages, and it's not to satisfy us.

Not sure they were actually at the crime scene searching but a searcher knocked and asked RL at 6.30 pm for permission to search his land. So did they search it then and there or go home and come back at midday the next day? There were searchers out all night searching. Also some of Libby's family knocked on doors at that end of the bridge too.

Now we are told it was a strange crime scene with 3 signatures. So is that it? Do those signatures match any other crime scenes? Is there usable DNA? Who are the 3 or 4 POIs left? All these podcasts and specials are really pointless now IMO.

Last edited:
IMO: The pressers and information from LE aren't for "us." The primary goal is to progress the case. To find the perp and solve the case. Everything LE says publicly is mainly speaking to the murderer, with the intention of sending him a message. It doesn't matter if we like what LE says or doesn't say. So we can complain and bait and criticize all we want. We don't know a fraction of what LE does. They have a purpose in their messages, and it's not to satisfy us.

I agree for the most part, although they also have a need to communicate to the community and so that’s the other part of what they are doing. Just like every organization accountable to public.

I would like to know why they don’t release a bit more about footprints, shoe type, shoe size. Also, as others have recently noted, they likely knew from the scene if he was right or left handed.

No criticism meant to LE here. I’m sure they are intentional about what they do and don’t release. I just wonder why not foot and handed-ness info. What’s the reason? I’m just curious. That’s unlikely to lead to false confessions—it doesn’t give info only perp would know.

What would three signatures of a crime scene be in a case like this? Manner of death, whether there was SA or not and staging of the crime scene e.g leaving a calling card or staging the victims?

I also wonder when LE knew whether they were likely dealing with a serial killer or not.
I’ve been wondering too about whether LE knew they had a SK from day one. I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but the DTH podcast emphasized DC’s statement in the 2/23/17 presser (11 minute mark) where DC seems to be addressing the killer and I’m paraphrasing... “Who’s next?, I’d give my life not to ask that question. I know you have asked yourself that very question.” This sounds to me like they thought they had a SK on their hands.

Referencing the April 19 presser: DC says that “...something was right in the search early on...
They had national billboards. 100s of fbi were there those first few months. -maybe the ‘something right’ was believing he was a SK. Something about that CS had to indicate organized/SK early on for DC to ask to Who’s next?” Maybe something in that CS led them to believe he was going to strike again? MOO

I agree that informing the community is a secondary reason that LE speaks out. But, IMO, a far distant goal to progressing the case.
I understand your curiousity. I'd like to know everything too. But LE calibrates what they release very carefully, JMO.

I agree for the most part, although they also have a need to communicate to the community and so that’s the other part of what they are doing. Just like every organization accountable to public.

I would like to know why they don’t release a bit more about footprints, shoe type, shoe size. Also, as others have recently noted, they likely knew from the scene if he was right or left handed.

No criticism meant to LE here. I’m sure they are intentional about what they do and don’t release. I just wonder why not foot and handed-ness info. What’s the reason? I’m just curious. That’s unlikely to lead to false confessions—it doesn’t give info only perp would know.

I’ve been wondering too about whether LE knew they had a SK from day one. I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but the DTH podcast emphasized DC’s statement in the 2/23/17 presser (11 minute mark) where DC seems to be addressing the killer and I’m paraphrasing... “Who’s next?, I’d give my life not to ask that question. I know you have asked yourself that very question.” This sounds to me like they thought they had a SK on their hands.

Referencing the April 19 presser: DC says that “...something was right in the search early on...
They had national billboards. 100s of fbi were there those first few months. -maybe the ‘something right’ was believing he was a SK. Something about that CS had to indicate organized/SK early on for DC to ask to Who’s next?” Maybe something in that CS led them to believe he was going to strike again? MOO
“Who’s next?...I know you have asked yourself that very question.”

This line stands out to me. DC is definitely indicating he thinks there will be other victims...is it possible the “signatures” were left at other crime scenes? Is it possible LE has denied connections to other crimes so as not to create panic that a serial child killer might be in or near the community?
“We were on to something early on...”
Could that “something” be the connection to other crimes?

Like I said before I think they just are alluding to their only real lead now being these "signature" factors at the crime scene. Either there will not be another killing done by the same perpetrator and the case will go completely cold or there will be and law enforcement will go from there with the expectation being at least twice as much evidence and possibly way more from being able to correlate vectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidblurn