Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, there are $1,000,000 reasons that CV was killed. Anything else, was just icing. Lori is conniving and reptilian, but not super smart. She does whatever she wants and then clams up. I think often her silence is misinterpreted as part of some grand strategy.

Agreed. Again and again there seems to be more impulsiveness than strategy. Impulsiveness and lack of accountability are two common threads IMO.

I was listening to Gray Hughes in the background while doing other things and I thought I heard the same thing. But I wasn't sure if Nate said Chad called his parents every night or did he say Chad called his kids every night? I meant to go back and listen again, when I have time. But if anyone can find that detail, I think it's incredibly important. The Daily Mail followed Chad around on the day he visited Lori in Jail. Daily Mail says Chad talked on the phone in his car twice-- 1st outside the jail and then again in the Walmart parking lot. They said he appeared to be having an emotional conversation at one point:
25240298-8048549-Daybell_parked_in_the_grassy_parking_lot_of_the_Kauai_jail_and_s-a-4_1582754495388.jpg

Lori Vallow's husband is seen leaving jail as it's revealed he and dead spouse filed for bankruptcy | Daily Mail Online

I wondered who he was talking to and what was he telling them.

MOO.

I h
I was listening to Gray Hughes in the background while doing other things and I thought I heard the same thing. But I wasn't sure if Nate said Chad called his parents every night or did he say Chad called his kids every night? I meant to go back and listen again, when I have time. But if anyone can find that detail, I think it's incredibly important. The Daily Mail followed Chad around on the day he visited Lori in Jail. Daily Mail says Chad talked on the phone in his car twice-- 1st outside the jail and then again in the Walmart parking lot. They said he appeared to be having an emotional conversation at one point:
25240298-8048549-Daybell_parked_in_the_grassy_parking_lot_of_the_Kauai_jail_and_s-a-4_1582754495388.jpg

Lori Vallow's husband is seen leaving jail as it's revealed he and dead spouse filed for bankruptcy | Daily Mail Online

I wondered who he was talking to and what was he telling them.

MOO.
I heard him say Chad spoke with his parents every night.

Your apology is appreciated and accepted. I apologize for being a bit on the defensive side and I believe you meant no slight to Tammy but I did want to defend her character. She was a force for good.
I knew Tammy as well, she was feisty and strong and would not have put up with an affair for one second. I am as close to positive as I can be without knowing for sure that she had not heard from Charles about the e-mail. Or, if she had, that was a reason she needed to go. I do think part of why Chad had fantasized about Tammy dying was she was not allowing him to live the life he wanted to. I can promise this though, there is not one person that would have ever described Tammy as passive lol! MOO

I knew Tammy as well, she was feisty and strong and would not have put up with an affair for one second. I am as close to positive as I can be without knowing for sure that she had not heard from Charles about the e-mail. Or, if she had, that was a reason she needed to go. I do think part of why Chad had fantasized about Tammy dying was she was not allowing him to live the life he wanted to. I can promise this though, there is not one person that would have ever described Tammy as passive lol! MOO
Yes!! Thank you!

MOO
I think the contempt charge is the biggest problem she has. The court can hold her until she complies and they can fine her each day she does not. They may not be able to prosecure her for murder but they can keep her locked up until she dies and bankrupt her.
Won't her attorney argue she cannot produce them while she is in jail though? I would rather she tells where they are. And that they are safe.

Last edited:
I h

I heard him say Chad spoke with his parents every night.

Thank you! Wow. I guess that's why his parents said Chad is going to be OK:

"KSL TV also spoke to Chad Daybell’s parents. They said they did not want to comment about the case but said they are watching it very closely and have talked to their son since Lori Vallow’s arrest.

They would only say their son is going to be OK."

Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments

I wonder what they have been told and what believe? Do they think Chad has been duped by Lori? Or are they totally supportive of both Lori and Chad, despite Chad lying to them previously about Lori having no minor children? How can Chad's parents stand to be silent in the press? I can appreciate wanting privacy, still loving your son, and hoping this mess will go away. But at some point I would be issuing a press statement (crafted with the help of my attorney).

MOO.

I’d like to comment briefly on a post from the last thread which I can’t bring forward here since the thread is closed. I completely disagree with the statement which assessed Tammy and LDS women in general as passive. It was stated that learning of the affair would result in her “asking” and not “confronting” Chad, and that they would just pray and go to the bishop. I am an LDS woman and I knew Tammy and I know many many other LDS women. They are strong women. Meekness and humility are Christlike attributes, but so are firm faithfulness and solid determination to uphold the commandments. Tammy was strong and absolutely firm when it came to moral principles and I do not believe she would have merely bowed her head and shuffled her feet, so to speak. I respectfully but absolutely disagree with the statements made to the contrary. MOO

I'm so glad you brought this up, I also saw that suggestion and was upset, but the thread was closed. There is no reason to assume that since Tammy was 'Mormon' she wouldn't have confronted Chad. Why would someone think this? Tammy was married to him for 29 years, I didn't know her, but as an LDS woman, I would expect that if she'd been contacted by Charles, she would have confronted her husband. There is no valid reason to assume that because she was Mormon, she wouldn't have confronted him. Also, there is no reason to assume she'd go straight to a Bishop about it, it's a false assumption that Mormons go their Bishops for all family/personal problems. I really appreciate you speaking up for Tammy. So many assumptions are made about her and she has no voice to defend herself. MOO

I’d like to comment briefly on a post from the last thread which I can’t bring forward here since the thread is closed. I completely disagree with the statement which assessed Tammy and LDS women in general as passive. It was stated that learning of the affair would result in her “asking” and not “confronting” Chad, and that they would just pray and go to the bishop. I am an LDS woman and I knew Tammy and I know many many other LDS women. They are strong women. Meekness and humility are Christlike attributes, but so are firm faithfulness and solid determination to uphold the commandments. Tammy was strong and absolutely firm when it came to moral principles and I do not believe she would have merely bowed her head and shuffled her feet, so to speak. I respectfully but absolutely disagree with the statements made to the contrary. MOO
I absolutely agree with you!! I am a married LDS member of the church (who by the way has never once heard of any of these factions, groups or fringe beliefs before 3 months ago) and the religion that I believe in doesn’t support abuse nor does it require me (or any other woman) to stay silent or submissive as a wife through abuse. Nor would I. While I do believe in forgiveness, repentance and working on my marriage— if I saw a pattern of deception from my husband to deceive and lie to me— that would make me not trust him to work through any of it. (Not to mention that I would have not been following along with multiple probation and all of the other “on-the-side” beliefs that Chad has).

IMO, it has absolutely been my experience that LDS women are "passive" as you put it. They will, and do, defer to their husbands in most things. It is part of the culture.

HOWEVER I DO NOT THINK that was the case with Tammy and Chad. I get the sense that Tammy was "in charge" in that relationship. And ultimately, I believe that may have been some of Chad's issue, and why things ended up the way they did.
I respectfully disagree with you. I am LDS, have been for 60 years, married for almost 34 years. I have NEVER thought of myself or my fellow LDS women as 'passive'. We do not defer to our husbands any more than married women in general. My husband may hold the Priesthood (which is why some believe this) but husbands and wives are considered equal partners in an average, non-dysfunctional LDS marriage. It is not part of the 'culture' that we 'defer' to our husbands or are 'passive'. I am very concerned with some of the assumptions which are generalized stereotypes which have been perpetuated over time and shared here. It does not help anyone to understand this case to continue to promulgate these types of inaccurate stereotypes.

Although Nate said she and CD seemed to be caught off guard when he mentioned it. That says to me that she wasn’t showing it off. JMO. But you’re right. Why didn’t she have a purse?

Here’s my thoughts— If you are going to the beach everyday and are carrying JJ’s iPad, Tylee’s phone, birth certificates, money etc— it actually makes some sense to me that it would be in a gallon sized Ziploc bag— to protect it from sand and water. My husband and I do this with our electronics at the beach when we are on vacation/at the beach all day. I’m going to bet she didn’t want those items ever out of her possession in the event the police searched her condo or hotel while they were gone— so the items needed to be protected while on the beach everyday.

Also, the iPad or phone may have had a zipper compartment or wallet built in to the case/lining where she had the cash more discreetly hidden — but when they were seized, she had to remove it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member