Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you 100%. Even if he is not found guilty, I wish they would reconnect with Tammy's family. The Douglas's love all of them so much. I cannot understand why they disconnected from their Mother's family immediately after the funeral. If their Father instigated that, it is nothing but pure evil intentions on Chad's part. MOO
I'm not convinced of evil intentions. Definitely strange actions. I was the first to say that back in October when I heard the funeral was so soon after her death, and all along the way since then.

How often do people react out of fear. If it was suggested even once that anyone in the family thought Chad killed his beloved Tammy, how would it be expected for him to react? If innocent, I see a man trying to hurry and do the best with what he was given to draw criticism away from himself and his children. If he would have submitted to the calls of autopsy the claim would have been that he was doing it just as a show. Natural causes or poison, if people are out for blood (tell me they're not. Look at the court of Facebook and the court of public opinion in the news), he can't win. If the threats were real, he can't win. Whether he killed her or not, he's a pariah. Everything he says is scrutinized even through the lens of up to a decade of different experiences.

I'm not convinced he killed Tammy or knows the children's whereabouts.

I'm feeling more and more lost with the comments in the last few threads. Everything about this case strikes a nerve within each of us.

I'm trying not to create more turmoil. Two missing kids is enough.

Jmo

Last edited:
I am wondering if Chad is trying to distance himself from this now he is back in Rexburg. Is he going to continue to publically support Lori or leave her to fight the charges on her own? Anyone got any idea how this is going to proceed now?
Personally, they both know too much. I think he must stand behind her.... until /unless more bombshells change my mind.

According to some of the information we have been given in recent days, Chad believed that he has lived multiple lives. He also believes that she could "visit" him through his closet? Perhaps he doesn't think it is an affair if they were married and together in "previous lives". Also, he believes that he has sealing powers. He would possibly then believe that he could seal himself to Lori with his "extraordinary" priesthood powers. He is so far off his rocker it is unbelievable.

I feel so badly for his kids. This has to have rocked their world. I am sure that they want to believe the best about their dad. But, can you imagine their pain as their mom's body was exhumed? Can you imagine their horror if - and that is a big IF - they are following the news and they hear that he has been having at the least an emotional (or "spiritual") affair with Lori for quite a while before their mom passed away?!!

I really hope they can prove something against him. IMVHO, he needs to be put in jail because he is dangerously psychopathic!
I don't know about Lori and Chad, but I did read about a couple who had a belief like theirs (that they'd been married in a previous life) and the two involved didn't think they needed a ceremony, in their mind they had been married and so it wasn't adultery. It is amazing how people can rationalize their behavior. IMO.
The idea of 'portals' to allow someone to visit is from the book 'Visions of Glory' which Chad and others who shared his beliefs seem to have been influenced by. The book was as told anonymously to a man who put it in story form, who is now dead, it was supposedly a Near death experience and then subsequent visions. It's pretty out there.MOO

I'm feeling more and more lost with the comments in the last few threads. Everything about this case strikes a nerve within each of us.

Jmo

I know it has with me. I've certainly never spent the time staying on top of everything going on in any similiar case, let alone hanging out on a forum like this that is constantly discussing it. I understand a lot of the factors that pulled me in to this one specifically, but can also see why a lot of people totally different than me would be just as obsessed for entirely different reasons.

MOO

I'm trying to not to create more turmoil. Two missing kids is enough.

Jmo

I agree. I’ve been reading/listening to many of the fringe podcasts hoping to hear something about protecting children - ensuring certain people are safe - or anything along those lines that may give us hope/clues that the kids are alive. Haven’t heard anything yet - anyone else?

More of a PS to my other post really - some people might not think there is such thing as a writing style or that it's not based in fact. I would say look at the lengthy email Charles sent Adam and look for any sentences containing but after a comma, or any feel statements. There aren't any.

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox.../2020/03/932/524/Image-from-iOS.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

MOO

You know, along with writing style, there is an expert in Statement Analysis named Peter Hyatt. He trains FBI and LE agencies on Deception Detection, what to look for in interviews and something called an embedded confession. He's worked specifically with missing children, and where the parents likely hid the remains.
(you can see examples on YT of his Madeline McCann interview)

If Chad or Lori ever give a longer interview, or one is released, I think he would likely help, or someone should send it to him. He does need the word for word transcript, and a decent length interview with direct questions. But it's pretty amazing to see what he's been able to detect.
If it looks like the search for the kids goes cold, this might really help IMO.
Hyatt Analysis Services

Hope this isn't to OT, again trying to think out of the box.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. Mine is that the SPLC is a hate group
I think The Southern Poverty Law Center calling out AVOW is the classic example of 'The Pot calling the Kettle Black'. I wouldn't trust their opinion on anyone else, so good to take what they say with a super big nugget of salt. MOO

Can you link to these 3 sources:-
1) email Chad sent to LVW, (who is LVW?)
2)"Tip of the Spear" and
3)"Visions of Glory" for me ? Thanks.

1) That should have been LVD, I think I am getting dyslexia with this case.
Let me link to an news article that discusses it:

Lori Vallow's husband emailed her in early 2019 about 'seven missions to accomplish together,' source says

2) These beliefs were believed to come out of some fringe LDS group(s). Many of these radical beliefs are taught in the Warrior Up Podcast, and the "Tip of the Spear" documents that were previously posted. You can find it here:
Dropbox - 053_the_tip_of_the_spear.docx - Simplify your life

3) After researching, I found out that most of these beliefs can be traced back to this book called "Visions of Glory". You can find this on Amazon, I don't think I can put a link to it. You can read the reviews on Amazon. I would especially recommend the 1 Star reviews, that'll give you a better understanding from what is in the book.

I found out about the book, because I was on a lot of other outside forums, which is where I found the info.

So, we now have a book by an anonymous source, that at the very least influenced this cult. CD and LVD were part of at least 3 fringe LDS groups that we are aware of, possibly more.
From what we have seen, Chad took all of this, and took it to the next level.

Are the cults responsible for teaching about killing spouses, or kids? or is that all CD & LVD?

MOO

I'm not convinced of evil intentions. Definitely strange actions. I was the first to say that back in October when I heard the funeral was so soon after her death, and all along the way since then.

How often do people react out of fear. If it was suggested even once that anyone in the family thought Chad killed his beloved Tammy, how would it be expected for him to react? If innocent, I see a man trying to hurry and do the best with what he was given to draw criticism away from himself and his children. If he would have submitted to the calls of autopsy the claim would have been that he was doing it just as a show. Natural causes or poison, if people are out for blood (tell me they're not. Look at the court of Facebook and the court of public opinion in the news), he can't win. If the threats were real, he can't win. Whether he killed her or not, he's a pariah. Everything he says is scrutinized even through the lens of up to a decade of different experiences.

I'm not convinced he killed Tammy or knows the children's whereabouts.

BBM. A point of clarification, please. What threats are you referring to?

Totally Chad.

This is all MOO.

I've just been looking at his writing patterns, sentence structure and balance, his expressions, and his punctuation. I think these factors have even more significance because he is a writer and if this was intended to be seen by Tammy he would have been trying to disguise himself as its author.

These are the sentences I've pulled out -

email letter:-

Well, more than six months later I still haven't made much progress on it[, but] I [feel] an urgency to get it done. As the managing partner of RITE Planning Group I'm going to have the opportunity to speak at various conventions beginning in the fall[, but] everyone says I need to have a book available that summarizes my life and shares the principles I follow.

I [feel] talking in person would be much more valuable...

So I do [feel] the book would contain valuable information...

I'm out of town until Saturday[, but] I would gladly fly you down here...

I hate to take you away from your family[, but] I know this book is vital to my speaking success. I understand if you don't want to take part in the project[, but] I would definitely make it worth your time.

Compare with:-

The text Chad sent about Tammy's death :-

“Hi J****, yes, Tammy’s passing was such a shock. I woke up that morning and she had clearly been dead for a couple of hours[, but] she had such a peaceful look on her face. At her burial I [felt] her tell me she was happy and already busy helping our family on the other side of the veil. I [felt] she helped me reconnect with Lori so quickly, and it has actually helped my children move forward.”

Author's Note June 2018 in his book Reclaiming Liberty (Times of Turmoil Book 4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FMKNZPV/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i7

I [felt] the world would have changed dramatically by now...

The events of this book parallel what happens in my novel The Celestial City[, but] these events are seen through the eyes of a different set of characters.

Author's Note June 2009 in his book The Rise of Zion
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1932898956/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i5

The characters still have obstacles to overcome[, but] the storyline is a bit more...

The events in this series are fictional[, but] in order to...

I [feel] that many of his personality traits...

I [feel] that the future prophet is likely already...

It is fun to speculate who that person might be[, but] we only have to look back...

His death seemed untimely[, but] the Lord was in control.

...I have no idea who will lead the Church in New Jerusalem[, but] I am completely confident...

*MOO*

That's funny. He sure overuses the word "I" I noticed. ;)

At least he didn't keep using the word "tick". I was reading this fiction novel, a while back, and the author was driving me crazy. Every other paragraph, someone would "tick" their head to the right. Not only does that not even make sense, it was so annoying, I gave up on getting any further in the book.

MOO

RSBM

CD and LVD were part of at least 3 fringe LDS groups that we are aware of, possibly more.

MOO

Three?

1) AVOW

2) The place that shall not be named (or C&D as I like to call them).

3) Who is the third?

Lori Vallow's husband emailed her in early 2019 about 'seven missions to accomplish together,' source says

2) These beliefs were believed to come out of some fringe LDS group(s). Many of these radical beliefs are taught in the Warrior Up Podcast, and the "Tip of the Spear" documents that were previously posted. You can find it here:

3) After researching, I found out that most of these beliefs can be traced back to this book called "Visions of Glory". You can find this on Amazon, I don't think I can put a link to it. You can read the reviews on Amazon. I would especially recommend the 1 Star reviews, that'll give you a better understanding from what is in the book.

I found out about the book, because I was on a lot of other outside forums, which is where I found the info.

So, we now have a book by an anonymous source, that at the very least influenced this cult. CD and LVD were part of at least 3 fringe LDS groups that we are aware of, possibly more.

Are the cults responsible for teaching about killing spouses, or kids? or is that all CD & LVD?

MOO
I would just like to thank you for the great job you are doing in keeping this corner of the rabbit hole neat and tidy. :)

BBM. A point of clarification, please. What threats are you referring to?
Earlier in the same message I said things that were indicative of possible suspicion from the family. I began with: "If it was suggested even once that anyone in the family thought Chad killed his beloved Tammy...", then indicated a few other conditions that would indicate how people would have suggested threats ("out for blood"). We have seen ad hominem attacks (put them in jail, why aren't they in jail, he is a murderer, he killed his wife, etc.) all over social media, some threats, and now vandalism to personal property of a POI.

I think we've speculated the idea that the children were hidden because of threat to Lori that she would lose them in a custody battle.

Anyway, this is all why I said, "If the threats were real" I don't know whether there were threats, but I can imagine if a man gets into dispute about moving a daughter/sister/aunt and her children away from her family home (no matter her age) people in the family could be bitter about it. Then when, five years later, said daughter/sister/aunt dies suddenly and unexpectedly after a recent visit wherein she was fine and healthy, do you not assume there are questions if not accusations and threats? Maybe I'm speculating, but I think there's evidence when Chad says he's never going to visit the Douglas family in Utah, there is some reason behind it.

I’d like to comment briefly on a post from the last thread which I can’t bring forward here since the thread is closed. I completely disagree with the statement which assessed Tammy and LDS women in general as passive. It was stated that learning of the affair would result in her “asking” and not “confronting” Chad, and that they would just pray and go to the bishop. I am an LDS woman and I knew Tammy and I know many many other LDS women. They are strong women. Meekness and humility are Christlike attributes, but so are firm faithfulness and solid determination to uphold the commandments. Tammy was strong and absolutely firm when it came to moral principles and I do not believe she would have merely bowed her head and shuffled her feet, so to speak. I respectfully but absolutely disagree with the statements made to the contrary. MOO

Thank you!! The response was to my comment, and not knowing enough about LDS beliefs or woman's roles, I wasn't sure what to make of it. You personally knowing Tammy is really wonderful insight. The length of time she was married to Chad, and the children they raised together all those yrs must have been so heartbreaking for her. I imagine it would have felt like a huge crisis!<3

MOO
TY for the links and info. Regarding your last two questions, I think it is all Chad and Lori using the cult for their own ends.

IMO, it has absolutely been my experience that LDS women are "passive" as you put it. They will, and do, defer to their husbands in most things. It is part of the culture.

HOWEVER I DO NOT THINK that was the case with Tammy and Chad. I get the sense that Tammy was "in charge" in that relationship. And ultimately, I believe that may have been some of Chad's issue, and why things ended up the way they did.
So . . . he ran to Lori! Such irony, if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama