Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point and true. The judge has to look at what LV is charged with, not what it looks like to everyone that she has done. At the same time, the judge is obviously very concerned the children are missing which leads to the $1M, same as the previous murder bail. Plus an ankle monitor.

One point the defense made that is well taken - being out will not be any picnic. She is not only tailed by all major law enforcement, she is tailed by the media. In a sense, she was more protected in jail, although jail is no fun. I personally feel like, as long as she is adequately monitored, it only helps the case to have her out and about. Her actions from here on out will definitely be scrutinized and may be telling. This whole thing does not appear to be planned out very well....IMO, MOO

Not planned out very well by which parties? Prosecution, defense, judge, Lori/Chad?

What about truancy? Do parents that home school their children need to prove they are actually doing so in Idaho? I recall Lori telling the school that JJ would no longer attend because he was being home schooled. (They need to get her on something)

There was a point in the hearing when the prosecutor was talking about the kids that I felt like Lori quickly tried out different facial expressions—-like “should I look wistful? Sad? No, back to defiant I think.”

She cycled through a lot of facial expressions throughout the hearing. It was bizarre. Like she can't decide which mask to use.

We’ll have to agree to disagree and disagree with anyone who thinks the defense didn’t win. Without typing it all out I believe the prosecutor could have made a more effective presentation.

At the end of the day the prosecutors goal was not achieved. That’s a loss in my book.

Cheers all....appreciate any comments even if we disagree. Great site and great contributors.

I liked the HI prosecutor better overall. I think this prosecutor should have spent more effort arguing for high bail and less effort asking for concessions if the bail were to be reduced. It weakened the argument considerably IMO. The HI prosecutor separated these arguments, if I recall correctly, in a way that did not weaken his claim. In fact, he didn’t ask that she surrender her passport “If bail is lowered;” he said, “if the defendant makes bail...” or something to that effect. In other words, he didn’t spend any of his time talking about what would happen if bail were reduced. I liked that and thinkbit made his position stronger. That said, the ID prosecutor seems capable but just not as resolute as I would like him to be. The HI lawyer was fully confident the law was on his side. MOO

I’ll try this a different way. The prosecutors wanted her to stay in jail or have bond set at an amount she couldn’t pay. The defense wanted her out of jail and set an an amount she could pay. Based on the testimony in Hawaii Chad had access to approx 150K. If forced to pay the full 10% he has those resources. The judge knew it, the defense knew it and the prosecutor knew it. Bail was set in a range that Chad was known to have. Defense won.
Well here in Canada you have to secure the other $900 000. So you have to put up your home etc. Is this not the case there? Doesn’t make sense if u don’t need to have the rest as collateral! I hope CD’s friend mr P doesn’t help by putting up his house.... but who knows :(

I still have a small hope that LVD sees herself as a martyr and has the children held somewhere with the part of the chosen and is going to say she’s held them there to be safe and she was willing to go to jail to not give up where they were to keep safe for the end of time belief and eventually she’d produce them and at the same time it’d draw people to chads “visions “ and books

it’s unlikely but still it’s my hope and prayers

I am so disgusted by this,.I think that prose cuter leaves a lot to be desired, he sure doesn't seem very forceful. You.can get away with.murder in this country, we need to go back.to the days when torture wasn't out of the question.My heart.breams for Kay and Larry

I still have a small hope that LVD sees herself as a martyr and has the children held somewhere with the part of the chosen and is going to say she’s held them there to be safe and she was willing to go to jail to not give up where they were to keep safe for the end of time belief and eventually she’d produce them and at the same time it’d draw people to chads “visions “ and books

it’s unlikely but still it’s my hope and prayers

I think she thinks of herself as a martyr and more "in the know" as the rest of us, but I think the kids are dead. I would LOVE for you to be right and I'd even forgive Lori for just being a religious nut. But, I think she's a religious nut who truly believes her kids ARE ok because they are now in paradise in another dimension or whatever. She's metaphorically shaking her head at us mere earthlings who aren't enlightened to the "truth." There's just no reasoning with someone like that.

Not planned out very well by which parties? Prosecution, defense, judge, Lori/Chad?

Sorry. I was referring to the entire scheme - with all of the people who are missing and/or deceased, as well as the attempted hits. If they are all related, it all does not appear to be planned out very well which makes me think that covering any of it up (if out of jail) would be very impulsive too. MOO

She did turn around to try to look at Chad I believe, when she rose, but her attorney started talking to her and drew her attention away. I was thinking, can't they add the fact that she was collecting SS benefits illegaly now as some charge??
I would imagine that SS can not discontinue the payments until it is proven that the children are deceased. Not sure if and audit can be conducted to make her account for the money and prove it is being used to support the children. Also, Tylee's SS from Joe Ryan will end with her 18th birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know that, but I would imagine they still think suicide is a clear path to hell (or whatever they believe in).
We've established that their views diverge greatly from mainstream LDS belief, but if they are using that as a basis at all for their own beliefs on the afterlife, the LDS religion is actually pretty compassionate when it comes to suicide. The belief is that we cannot judge those who commit suicide, God will ultimately make judgment, and that judgment will take into account mental health, circumstances, etc. So no, I wouldn't think they equate suicide with a ticket to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member