Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
@watergirl62 said last thread:
Eta: I think the FBI email obtained via FOI actually said that the sender was going to discuss the subject with a certain person before presenting it to or "taking on" the whole group, with the whole group being the sender's associates. My take.

That was my take as well-- that the investigator wanted to discuss on the phone before sending info to all in the email chain group.

Copying Justin's tweet again:

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

EXCLUSIVE: We obtained emails from
@FBIPhoenix
via records request. Email chain confirms analysts researched podcasts done by Lori Vallow, Melanie Gibb & Jason Mow in early December. “Not soothing by any means.” #fox10phoenix

7:48 PM · Mar 11, 2020

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

----
Quote in context is towards the bottom of the second email image and it says:

Sounds like homicide Sgt is familiar with him because he was sleeping in the front seat of his car while he was supposed to be doing security for them as they were executing a search warrant.

I'm calling [Redacted] now to discuss over the phone before putting anything to the group as a whole. PPD will help with whatever on this.

Do you mind looking into him a bit furthur if you weren't already? (Dumb question I'm sure lol!)

Thank you!

-C

------------

BBM. The "him" who was sleeping in the front seat of his car is JM. But "the group" the investigator is writing about is the group being emailed about JM, not the podcasting group. MOO.

I wish there was some way to fact check his bio.
From his podcast site (podcast removed, but intro mentioning Lori included)

"Jason Mow of the very popular www.TheWarChapters.com has been speaking to Youth and their Parents from all over the U.S. about what it means to be a True Modern-Day Warrior for good. "Time to Warrior Up" is a nationwide movement to become all that we were destined to become in a shifting world that needs great leaders. Of course, what would Warriors be without great WOMEN of FAITH and COURAGE? That is why Melanie Gibb and Lori Vallow had the idea to do this podcast, featuring powerful women, mothers, youth and mentors to encourage others along the pathway toward a hopeful future! They will include many unique guests who will inspire all of us to Aspire to the HIGHER within! EACH OF US were born for greatness. NOW, we have the "HOW's" of implementing the Creeds, Tools, Steps, and Processes of The Warrior Ethos! We are marching toward victory...together! To buy Jason's Books "A Hero Rises," and "Teancum: The Ghost Soldier 1 & 2" go to his website: www.TheWarChapters.com These Books are also available at Deseret Book & Amazon. For more free Educational & Inspiring Videos, visit us at: www.PreparingAPeople.com"

01 - Time to Warrior Up Podcast - Introduction - Preparing A People Podcast Network

What we know - there was a man at the storage unit in Rexburg ID, with Lori, on 2nd October, some 3 hours after BB was shot at in Gilbert AZ, from a vehicle identified as Tylee's Jeep Wrangler. The man and Lori at the storage unit were NOT using Alex's truck that day and the man did not look like Chad according to Nate, ( @Gardener1850 the timeline needs to be amended to reflect this - the info came from Gray Hughes interview of Nate Eaton at the 26:12 min mark).

I think there is a good chance that Alex was the shooter in Gilbert, based on:

a/ Alex being the shooter of Charles,
b/ (unsure of US legal requirements here so I will just say probably) driver insurance permissions regarding Tylee's Jeep?
c/ Alex's involvement helping his niece Melani with moving and trespassing etc
d/ if it was him at the storage unit why wasn't he using his own truck as he did on other occasions?
e/ Alex appears to have been served papers in San Tan Valley regarding his residence there on 1st October.
f/ Alex truck is at the storage unit on late dates when what appears to be gun cases are dropped off there.

What is clear is that there are others involved in this whole mess. If Alex wasn't the shooter at BB it was someone else (sorry to state the obvious). If Alex was the shooter at BB, it seems likely that there was an accomplice driving the Jeep unless he immediately threw down the gun and jumped into the driver's seat to follow BB, but more importantly there was definitely someone helping Lori at the storage unit on 2nd October to stash away the tire which seems likely to have been taken off the back of the Jeep to enable the opening of the rear window.

So, in my opinion, we have more than just Alex who is prepared to kill for this mission or be involved in plots to kill, and I therefore have less of a problem in believing that Alex was taken out to protect the identification of the accomplice/s. He may have even moved and changed his name to hide from the accomplice/s.

I'm sure police must know who was helping Lori at the storage unit on 2nd October because the manager there made notes of all the vehicles. I hope the police act quickly to round them all up, because I wouldn't feel safe if I knew any of them. I do not believe Alex committed suicide, especially not from guilt, over two months after the children disappeared and being bothered with stuff like marriage. It is tempting to think he might push the self-destruct button if Lori ordered him to, but I'm less inclined to think that knowing there are others with dark secrets still on the loose.

moo

links -
Nate Eaton interview:

Storage Unit video (see 1.25 mark for man wheeling in tire):
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News

Great point! I think it was Alex, too, but if not Alex.....WHO????

b/ (unsure of US legal requirements here so I will just say probably) driver insurance permissions regarding Tylee's Jeep?
d/ if it was him at the storage unit why wasn't he using his own truck as he did on other occasions?
e/ Alex appears to have been served papers in San Tan Valley regarding his residence there on 1st October.
f/ Alex truck is at the storage unit on later dates when what appears to be gun cases are dropped off there.
RSBM
I've thought all those things through as well. Here's my thoughts regarding your points:
a/ absolutely, undisputed, even admitted by AxC
b/ If vehicle insured, potential for no restriction on who could drive the vehicle. Else, as registered in CV name, how could anyone else drive the Jeep but CV?
c/ Yes, but he also was known to help his sister, Lori, who was known in Rexburg at the time. It appears his loyalty lies first to Lori, and Melani only when Lori has no immediate need. (bailout of Melani was Nov 14 I believe, when Lori was in Hawaii with Chad).
d/ I've addressed the issue of why he may have wanted to keep things hidden. Also, we don't see him ever going to storage unit with Lori in a separate vehicle. Maybe he or she was paranoid.
e/Service could have been simply affixing the notice to the door or via certified mail. Alex being served for eviction does not mean he was in AZ at the time. (see below)
f/ Every time we see the man who "appears to be Alex", he is in the same jacket and baseball cap. Walks the same, same build, etc. There is a potential other time when a gun case (specifically, I'd say it looks like a rifle case) was used in this convoluted case: Oct 9 at the Daybell residence.

Arizona Eviction
"An important step in the Arizona eviction process is proper service of the notice. A landlord may personally serve the tenant or a subtenant who is of sufficient age. If the tenant is absent, the notice may be affixed to the door of the unit as well as sent by certified or registered mail the same day. The landlord or whoever serves the tenant must document the service by drafting a written statement detailing the date, time and manner of service.

If the tenant is served by mail, he or she is given 10-days to remedy the default before the landlord can proceed with the next step so long as the tenant does not sign the Return Receipt Certification. Otherwise, the 5 days begins when the notice was mailed if the tenant does sign the Return Receipt. If the tenant does not sign, the landlord can verify mailing by obtaining a stamped Receipt for Certified Mail from the post office."

What we know - there was a man at the storage unit in Rexburg ID, with Lori, on 2nd October, some 3 hours after BB was shot at in Gilbert AZ, from a vehicle identified as Tylee's Jeep Wrangler. The man and Lori at the storage unit were NOT using Alex's truck that day and the man did not look like Chad according to Nate, ( @Gardener1850 the timeline needs to be amended to reflect this - the info came from Gray Hughes interview of Nate Eaton at the 26:12 min mark).

I think there is a good chance that Alex was the shooter in Gilbert, based on:

f/ Alex truck is at the storage unit on later dates when what appears to be gun cases are dropped off there.

What is clear is that there are others involved in this whole mess. If Alex wasn't the shooter at BB it was someone else (sorry to state the obvious). If Alex was the shooter at BB, it seems likely that there was an accomplice driving the Jeep unless he immediately threw down the gun and jumped into the driver's seat to follow BB, but more importantly there was definitely someone helping Lori at the storage unit on 2nd October to stash away the tire which seems likely to have been taken off the back of the Jeep to enable the opening of the rear window.

So, in my opinion, we have more than just Alex who is prepared to kill for this mission or be involved in plots to kill, and I therefore have less of a problem in believing that Alex was taken out, to protect the identity of the accomplice/s, and/or to protect Lori and possibly Chad. He may have even moved and changed his name to hide from the accomplice/s.

I'm sure police must know who was helping Lori at the storage unit on 2nd October because the manager there made notes of all the vehicles. I hope the police act quickly to round them all up, because I wouldn't feel safe if I knew any of them. I do not believe Alex committed suicide, especially not from guilt, over two months after the children disappeared and being bothered with stuff like marriage. It is tempting to think he might push the self-destruct button if Lori ordered him to, but I'm less inclined to think that knowing there are others with dark secrets still on the loose.

moo

links -
Nate Eaton interview:

Storage Unit video (see 1.25 mark for man wheeling in tire):
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News

ed: spelling
Does anyone know if a blood hound was to smell a piece of clothing of Tylee’s...... would it be able to find Tylee’s presence at YNP? I am fixated on finding these two babies... even if they are gone from this earth. They deserve to be laid to rest side by side somewhere where family can visit . I hate the thought of not knowing where they are now until after May? That’s crazy. JMO

RSBM
I've thought all those things through as well. Here's my thoughts regarding your points:
a/ absolutely, undisputed, even admitted by AxC
b/ If vehicle insured, potential for no restriction on who could drive the vehicle. Else, as registered in CV name, how could anyone else drive the Jeep but CV?
c/ Yes, but he also was known to help his sister, Lori, who was known in Rexburg at the time. It appears his loyalty lies first to Lori, and Melani only when Lori has no immediate need. (bailout of Melani was Nov 14 I believe, when Lori was in Hawaii with Chad).
d/ I've addressed the issue of why he may have wanted to keep things hidden. Also, we don't see him ever going to storage unit with Lori in a separate vehicle. Maybe he or she was paranoid.
e/Service could have been simply affixing the notice to the door or via certified mail. Alex being served for eviction does not mean he was in AZ at the time. (see below)
f/ Every time we see the man who "appears to be Alex", he is in the same jacket and baseball cap. Walks the same, same build, etc. There is a potential other time when a gun case (specifically, I'd say it looks like a rifle case) was used in this convoluted case: Oct 9 at the Daybell residence.

Arizona Eviction
"An important step in the Arizona eviction process is proper service of the notice. A landlord may personally serve the tenant or a subtenant who is of sufficient age. If the tenant is absent, the notice may be affixed to the door of the unit as well as sent by certified or registered mail the same day. The landlord or whoever serves the tenant must document the service by drafting a written statement detailing the date, time and manner of service.

If the tenant is served by mail, he or she is given 10-days to remedy the default before the landlord can proceed with the next step so long as the tenant does not sign the Return Receipt Certification. Otherwise, the 5 days begins when the notice was mailed if the tenant does sign the Return Receipt. If the tenant does not sign, the landlord can verify mailing by obtaining a stamped Receipt for Certified Mail from the post office."

I don’t do landlord/tenant law, so I was unaware of these super-easy service rules! I had already pointed out that Alex could have been served anytime between Sept 26 and Oct 1, but now I think the proof of service filed Oct 1 means nothing at all about when he was or wasn’t in AZ.

{{{{{{ REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE }}}}}}
Can someone please find for me the news report, police report, or court doc that states that BB tried to flee after he was shot at, and the perp followed for a time and then left.

Thank you in advance!

In October 2001, the Deseret News printed a story about Chad, who, two months earlier, had published One Foot in the Grave, his account of working as a gravedigger in the Springville cemetery (Not all is grave for a sexton). The account includes numerous stories that Chad admits are "strange." But this strangeness, he tells the Des News, is actually proof of their authenticity.

"I couldn't really exaggerate or fabricate any of these stories," he insists, "they're just too bizarre."

Sixteen years later, in his autobiography, Chad answers what he says is the question he gets most often: "What parts of your books are based on what you've seen in a vision, and what part did you make up?" (FOX 13 Investigates: Do Chad Daybell’s books leave clues about missing Rexburg children?). Well, it's pretty simple. None of it is made up.

"I don't fictionalize any of the events portrayed," he writes. "I'm really not that creative . . . My torn veil allows information to be downloaded into my brain from the other side. The scenes I am shown are real events . . ."

He describes one of these "real events" in his 2015 blog post "Eddie and the ghost boy" (13- Eddie and the ghost boy | cdaybell.com).

During one of his stints as a gravedigger, Chad buried a man named Eddie, who in life had apparently been known as "a petty thief." From the moment Eddie was in the ground, "weird things" started happening. The window to the women's restroom would crack open every morning, even though Chad had shut it the night before!!! Then, three times in one week, the gate to an enclosure was found open, despite Chad's having locked it every time!!!

"Eddie was still picking locks," Chad tells us, "despite being dead."

Then one morning the strangest thing (or "biggest surprise") of all happened. Once again, despite Chad locking the door the night before (!!!), a shed was found open and, this time, the padlock had been hooked tauntingly on a peg above it. By now, Eddie's high jinks are getting to Chad. Furious, he turns round and shouts: "Eddie, you don't belong here. There's a better place for you. Look around, go toward the light, and don't come back!"

Thankfully, Eddie listened, and Chad "didn't have any problems with the locks after that."

This is indeed a "bizarre" story: a dead man picks a bunch of locks but stops when Chad tells him to. According to Chad, we should believe it happened exactly as he reported because he lacks the creativity and imagination to make something like that up. Really? A man capable of writing a dozen novels is incapable of making up a story about a thief who keeps doing thief things after he dies?

For the non-Mormons on this thread, you should know that stories like these are very common in Mormon culture. They proliferated in the early days of the Church, and, in truth, they have never gone away. I make this point explicitly because for mainstream Mormons there would have been nothing particularly unusual about this story. Now whether they believe it or not, I'm not sure. But it's an incredibly familiar kind of story and not one that any born-and-bred Mormon would read and immediately think to themselves "OMG! Chad is a liar!"

But really, what are the other options? If, like me, you take it a given that the events Chad described here never happened, then there are really only three possible explanations for why he said they did.

The first and most innocuous is that Chad wrote stories like this to teach good principles in a humorous and engaging manner. If he'd never insisted they were real, it might have been reasonable to assume he had written them with tongue firmly in cheek. But Chad insists these strange things happened exactly as he said they did. So he himself rules out the most favorable interpretation.

The second possible explanation for Chad writing stories like "Eddie" and insisting they're real is he's insane. He wrote them because he genuinely believed he had experienced them. But to me this is not plausible. The stories are far, far too neat to be the product of a truly deranged and psychotic mind. This explanation does not pass the sniff test.

The third possible explanation, and to me the only remotely persuasive one, is that Chad made these stories up. In other words, he lied. Why did he lie? Well, I'm not a psychologist, but it seems to me there are two very obvious motivations: 1) he wanted to feel special and 2) he wanted to make money. Telling quirky tales and putting them into a book that people bought . . . Well, what's not to love?

I don't know how much money One Foot in the Grave made for Chad, nor, of course, do I really know that publishing it made him feel special. But here's what I feel like I do know: the books Chad writes and the comments he makes about the things he describes in those books are evidence that he has had a very tortuous relationship with the truth for at least 20 years. And what's more, he's fine with that. He is, and has long been, a very calm and accomplished liar.

MOO

Don't know how to quote the post from a prior thread, so I won't. :)

But last night there was a post that was pointing out how much money Lori is going to spend in their estimation just getting to the preliminary hearing. While I agree it isn't going to be cheap and having 3 lawyers isn't going to help keep costs down if for no other reason than some time will be spent coordinating with each other that wouldn't be needed if there was only one, I think that estimate was extremely overstated. TBH, part of me says the poster wasn't really serious and part of me thinks they were. But it makes multiple assumptions, most of which I think are probably wrong. One guess or assumption, how much Lori will be charged per billable hour, might be reasonably accurate. However, it also assumed that each attorney has 40 billable hours per week. If they're working 40 hours a week then all 40 hours are not going to be billable, so to get this many billable they'd have to be working in excess of 40 hours a week. Possible, I dont know. But I also think it is extremely unlikely that all 3 attorneys are only working on Lori's case and nothing else for the foreseeable future. I suspect they had other cases and obligations that existed before taking Lori on. The demands from those cases are part of the reason they need more time (same goes for the presecutor).

MOO
That was me.

8 weeks x 40 hours/wk x 3 law firms x $225/hr (google search of "avg atty fee") = $216,000.

I was serious about it in a "thinking out loud" kind of way. Not pinning any importance to the particular number but pointing out this could easily be a huge budget for the defense team before they get to a preliminary hearing. I was thinking along the lines that CSIDreamer pointed out, this is the highest profile case these lawyers have had so if they aren't working on it their paralegals and/or law partners are.

Maybe I am way off, I have never thought about the budget for a criminal defense before. And knock on wood, I never will.

Does anyone know if a blood hound was to smell a piece of clothing of Tylee’s...... would it be able to find Tylee’s presence at YNP? I am fixated on finding these two babies... even if they are gone from this earth. They deserve to be laid to rest side by side somewhere where family can visit . I hate the thought of not knowing where they are now until after May? That’s crazy. JMO

A scent dog probably could track the kids if they had a starting point, but Yellowstone National Park is something like 60 miles north to south and 50-ish miles east to west as the crow flies, much longer by roads. That's bigger than several east coast states (Wikipedia says bigger than RI and Delaware combined). So they can't just start doing grid searches. Even limiting it to the major accessible areas would probably be a couple hundred square miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa