Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still am stunned that she could spend however many days (2 or 3) with a decomposing body in a suitcase. Wouldn't the smell be horrendous? Maybe she was able to do something to lessen it somehow?

Gannon was officially missing on Jan. 27th. He may have been placed directly into a suitcase or other container and buried in snow on that very day. LS could have retrieved his body from it's snowy "refrigeration" the very day she took off for South Carolina. She was in Florida from Feb 3 to Feb 5th per FBI so... that is not really that many days with a decomposing body and especially not if he was put into a car trunk still mostly frozen. And, especially, too, if the body was inside heavy duty plastic or tarpeline materials and then placed in a suitcase and the suitcase seams taped shut.

In fact, LS might have been only just experiencing the unpleasant odor that you mention right before or during her Florida time period. Unlike Casey A, I really have had protein-source food go bad in my car trunk... and, at first, the odor does not permeate the car at all but only becomes apparent when the trunk is opened.

We really need to know how Gannon's body was contained though. We need to know if the official report is that he was transported and found in a suitcase, imo.
This comment is theory and speculation only. JMO.

Dumb luck. I couldn’t figure out how the hell they were able to arrest her for murder so fast, especially without a body.

It helps to have a stunningly reckless and stupid criminal, and a tremendous amount of resources at your disposal.

I’ve never seen a witness list that long, or heard of that many warrants executed in such a short period of time.

She had a head start, and kept on moving. It only delayed the inevitable though.
BBM. These bolded words of Massguy’s sum up the explanation for the question in my mind of “How did this happen?”

I was really stuck on how she could move a body this far away while allegedly under very close watch. If she did not have help, then yes, the fact that she was stunningly reckless and stupid seems the only explanation for why she would do what most criminals would not/have not considered doing.

Lilly Pulitzer designs: ...featuring bright, colorful, floral prints. As the brand is popular with high society...

For the high and mighty and attention seeking, this line is ideal :p

Lilly Pulitzer - Wikipedia

** ETA Disclaimer - Not all who wear Lily Pulitzer designs are high and mighty and attention seeking. But for those who are high and mighty and attention seeking, it is an ideal choice.

I have some of the same dresses as her....into the giveaway pile they go! I am not going to let her totally ruin Lilly for me, but just couldn't unsee those ones on her!

You know, I understand as human we are/can be emotional beings. I understand the feelings of jealousy, resentment, anger, felling worthless, feeling like somebody is better than you, feeling you can't do anything right, feeling like your world as you know it is about to end. I understand these feelings can be overwhelming and hard to deal with.

BUT

What I don't understand is projecting these feelings and emotions on to an 11 year old child. Channeling those to a child to the point that you abuse and murder him. Seeing the pain and anguish on his parents face then getting in front of a camera telling them they owe YOU an apology. Moving the small body as far away from his family as possible so he can't be found and at least brought home to the ones that loved him so much. Posting videos of the child waving to the camera to taunt the parents of a child you murdered. Sitting so cocky in front of a judge acting like LEA have made a mistake and will be out before lunch.
Like there are some crimes I can read and follow and be like, "ok, I can kinda see what is going on here," this one, not even close. I can't for the life of me understand why she did this even though I know how hard emotions can be to handle.

I cannot wait until they start unsealing more documents in this case. Although, I know it is going to be hard to read, I'm hoping it will lend an insight to help me at least somewhat understand why she felt the need to take the life of a child that seemed to be so loved. Maybe that is the reason. Maybe she couldn't handle how much love Gannon got from his father, mother, sister, grandparents, everybody that knew him. Maybe she couldn't handle the light he projected and had to put it out.

Sorry, I'm kind of rambling. I've followed many cases over the years. None have punched me in my emotional gut they was this has.

All of this. I just can’t make any sense of it. And I’m broken.

Could be, but I doubt it. Gannon was small and the body could easily fit into a suitcase. Also, rigor only lasts a day or two and then the body is easier to manipulate.

I think she used all those things to inflict injuries while he was still alive, unfortunately.

Imo

I think that's also possible but I hope you're wrong. As horrendous as dismemberment is, I'd hope that the worst of the trauma inflicted on him happened post-mortem rather than pre-. :(

BBM. These bolded words of Massguy’s sum up the explanation for the question in my mind of “How did this happen?”

I was really stuck on how she could move a body this far away while allegedly under very close watch. If she did not have help, then yes, the fact that she was stunningly reckless and stupid seems the only explanation for why she would do what most criminals would not/have not considered doing.

She's one of the most transparently arrogant people I've ever seen, and looking at her background, has wormed her way out of some serious charges relatively unscathed. She's exactly the type of person who thinks she could get away with murder.

Thanks be to God that the alligators left the suitcase alone.

No need to worry about that imo.

From abc News:
"Alligators can be found in fresh and brackish bodies of water - including lakes, rivers, canals and golf course ponds - and there's an estimated 6.7 million acres of suitable habitat statewide. Alligator bites are most likely to occur in or around water, as gators aren't well-equipped to capture prey on dry land."
Things to know about Florida's alligators

Imo, Gannon could have been there for years and never would have had an alligator approach. Alligators live in or near water. They only travel to mate; and then it's travel from water source to water source. By nature they capture their meals in the water or leap from the water, grab an unwary animal and sink back down into the water to drown the poor thing and eat their meal. They are experts in the water and clumsy on land.

If LS was planning on having Gannon consumed by an alligator, she picked land that's not part of the 6.7 million acres of suitable alligator habitat! Now, are they down close to the Escambia River in that area? Locals would know. For sure, they'd be in the more wild, unpopulated area "Escambia Wildlife Preserve" north of that area. But alligators do not leave the safety of their water homes to take long over-land trips in search of meals.

So I just spotted something on Spencer Wilson's twitter page where he listed the new charges.
S/one pointed out that charges 10, 11 & 12 were against a child under 12, charges 6, 7. 8 use same verbiage without "child under 12"

He pointed out that the charges relate to "someone" not specifically Gannon Stauch.

These were added after his body was found. I wonder if "someone" told LE they were held hostage by her and were made to do something they didn't want to do, but to prove that they needed Gannon's body?

Maybe it's just a local statute thingy.

Like maybe they have one statute for a particular category of person (child under 12); and another statute for anybody of any age; but they can both encompass the same person. Maybe the "child under 12" is an add-on with a worse penalty than the generic.

I think it’s one for each murder charge. They’re sentence enhancers, and since she currently has two 1st degree murder charges, its one for each.

No need to worry about that imo.

From abc News:
"Alligators can be found in fresh and brackish bodies of water - including lakes, rivers, canals and golf course ponds - and there's an estimated 6.7 million acres of suitable habitat statewide. Alligator bites are most likely to occur in or around water, as gators aren't well-equipped to capture prey on dry land."
Things to know about Florida's alligators

Imo, Gannon could have been there for years and never would have had an alligator approach. Alligators live in or near water. They only travel to mate; and then it's travel from water source to water source. By nature they capture their meals in the water or leap from the water, grab an unwary animal and sink back down into the water to drown the poor thing and eat their meal. They are experts in the water and clumsy on land.

If LS was planning on having Gannon consumed by an alligator, she picked land that's not part of the 6.7 million acres of suitable alligator habitat! Now, are they down close to the Escambia River? Locals would know. But alligators do not leave the safety of their water homes to take long over-land trips in search of meals.

I'd be stunned if there aren't alligators in and around that river. I lived on the Gulf Coast and gators seemed to love those brackish coastal rivers.

Unless his body was found down where the lane goes under the bridge, there's no way water moved him up to where the retaining rock is located, in the area where the bridge meets land, where the line of demarcation is between the blacktop and the concrete.

My estimate is real near the "90" number based on the photos available online. Possibly a bit to either side of that Route number.

I think she threw his body over from the higher, eastbound, lane.

View attachment 239785

Keep in mind in the pictures shown of the crime scene tape, that its before the guardrail begins on the right side of the road. jmo

Attachments

• gannon guardrail.jpg
    gannon guardrail.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 115
  • guardrail2.jpg
    guardrail2.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 115
  • gannon guardrail tape.jpg
    gannon guardrail tape.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Gannon location and start of guardrail.jpg
    Gannon location and start of guardrail.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 82
... and I recall your post as it struck a cord with my own intuition. TS mentioned that she would not search ponds or whatever. Is it possible the suitcase was dropped into the Escambia River then migrated to that location before water receded?
Water would have never come close to the location that he was found.

I have only a single gap, maybe two.
The 4 hr period she left with Gannon, murdered him, allegedly, packed his little body in a suitcase, returned home, had an hour before Laina got in from school at 3.15pm. Had several hours before alerting LE, 6.55pm, had several hours before they came, 10pm approx.
Had the whole night after they left and access to 3 vehicles.
I'm doubting she brought the suitcase home with her because she knew to expect visit from LE.

Where did she store it during the 4 hrs period?

She had plenty of opportunity to retrieve it afterwards and if it was properly sealed it would not arouse suspicion. She could easily have kept it with her until she placed it in the rocks of Florida.
I do not believe she used a storge unit near or far.
She would not have expected an intense investigation for a runaway on Monday 27.

She had the whole night after LE departed to retrieve it.

My second question is the same as most peoples' question- why was she not under 24hr observation?

Oh, I agree that her completely chaotic mind caused her to see brilliance where none existed. That was my point, that TS’s “brilliant” plan and special blend of gaslighting that has always worked for her in the past would end (in her mind) with AS begging for forgiveness as he apologized on his knees. Her stupidity and narcissism could never fathom a scenario where she would be implicated once the body was found, IF that was her plan. It is just one of the many sickening scenarios that has been rattling around in my head. I also don’t know if it has been confirmed 100% that he was in a suitcase or one that came from her home, but TS has not let a pesky little thing like evidence stop her once throughout this entire ordeal.

Stupid, yes, and more disturbing than I have ever seen. MOO.
BBM
@mommadukes This is quite an insightful post encapsulating TS's mindset that resulted in her eventual demise. Bolded, explains many things, such as:
  • Having criminal tendencies which don't coincide with her career of choice.
  • Pursuing a married man then resenting that his ex wife and children didn't go away.
  • Marrying an active military man then resenting when he is away.
  • Indulging a champagne taste when living on a military budget.
  • Relocating out of state without regard to familial support.
  • Anticipating an anniversary cruise immediately after your stepson went missing.
  • Expecting your husband to ever be whole while his son is missing.
  • Disregarding your right to remain silent then disappointed when your statements are used against you.
All is JMOO, but seeing brilliance when none exists best explains TS's way of life.

The 4 hr period she left with Gannon, murdered him, allegedly, packed his little body in a suitcase, returned home, had an hour before Laina got in from school at 3.15pm. Had several hours before alerting LE, 6.55pm, had several hours before they came, 10pm approx.
I'm doubting she brought the suitcase home with her because she knew to expect visit from LE.

She had plenty of opportunity to retrieve it afterwards and if it was properly sealed it would not arouse suspicion. She could easily have kept it with her until she placed it in the rocks of Florida.
She would not have expected an intense investigation for a runaway on Monday 27.

My second question is the same as most peoples' question- why was she not under 24hr observation?

Pretty sure TS stopped, and dropped the suitcase off the opposite side of bridge. This close-up shows how it would be a straight drop down to the area Gannon was found.

90941255_10222322555002059_3172865961313173504_o.jpg

Thank God she did not know that there was no water in this particular area.
I cannot help but believe that her intention was for the river to carry him away, and for him to never be found.
I am betting there was a moment of shear panic when she pushed him off the side rail and did not hear a splash.
She knew she could not get down there and retrieve that suitcase to try again.
Sick woman.. sickening acts.

ETA:
MOO

My best guess is that she stashed him somewhere outside within a 1-2 hour drive of the home, maybe in southern Douglas county.

Forget how hard it would be to lift or drag a suitcase, if she dumped his body on the drive to SC and she was in a two car caravan of people, how did that go down without an accomplice or one of her family members noticing? Why would everyone agree a long detour on the way back made sense? Did she sneak away from the hotel with the van at night? They would have left a trail of transactions a mile long because in their minds they're moving an innocent person back. This should be fun reading when all the info is released. So many questions - seems way more complicated than he was just packed in the van and dumped along the way.

Wow this story just gets nuttier and more surreal at every turn.

I am beginning to believe that at least one other person did help with the disposal.
Maybe she stayed in the area at a local hotel and searched out areas she thought would be good dumping grounds.
Then maybe she waited for the rest of her caravan to settle in for the night and made an excuse for why she had go and make a purchase of some sort.
All speculative and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member