Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t LE look inside of this moving van she was blatantly driving around town!? I saw about 10 officers searching garage. Why not search any rentals or moving van? Could they not get the search warrants until after she fled/left town? She may have driven the body 450 miles away on the 28th with that rental and stashed it in another state. But you’d think someone there would have noticed the smell.
bbm
Good question.

I think someone here answered my question about why not trail TS, or put trackers on her rental vehicles.
As rentals have gps already and LE would have had to get a warrant to place gps tracker on her own car.

Fairly certain here that TS thought Gannon would never be found !
All of her 'shenanigans' falling apart.
It would've been interesting to see her face when she was told they'd recovered him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good post. You see, I find it very difficult to believe, within my extensive reading on this case, in some circles, the blatant, aggressive, and at times threatening emergence of support and defense of LS, along with some of your postulations herein, coupled with some common sense, there just HAS to be more charges coming in this case.

I have big shoulders. I'll surely admit that I was absolutely wrong should it NOT play out in that manner, but to be settled in the belief that she did ALL of this alone, without ANYONE having knowledge of her actions, is difficult for this ole boy.
I can embrace that she may have had help. But I have to ask as well, where is the line between someone knowing the difference between right and wrong and believing she/he could be shot too?

They’ve come this far. I highly doubt that LE can’t now sort the difference between “shoulda known better” vs “brainwashed/threatened”, and complicit. Also, who knows who she knows in Florida, or why that was her chosen site.

In this link there’s an embedded Nancy Grace interview with audio of RD:
‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]
RD’s exact words to the media were: “I went over to his house and I was like, ‘hey I have a camera that I can see if anyone came by and picked him up’ and first thing SHE said was ‘no, he went the other way, he didn’t come toward the house’ so I didn’t think anything of it.”
Since he knew his video camera showed the front of their house, including driveway, where someone would come and pick up Gannon, she had to understand what he meant as well for her to say “no, he went the other way.” (Thru gate in back?) She was trying to make it seem futile to search the video because she knew what it would show — and she’d be screwed if they saw her come home alone.

ETA: No wonder AS cried and said “she lied” when the video showed her leave with Gannon and come back alone. I bet AS was standing right next to her (since RD says “I went to HIS house”...) when RD made the offer and she pooh-poohed it, saying he left the other way. Suddenly realizing his boy wasn’t coming back, and she not only did it but brazenly lies to keep him from finding out. The betrayal must have hit him hard.

Thank you for the information!

I still don't think that proves she knew his camera recorded her driveway. (Ever few msgs here on WS someone says TS isn't exactly bright and I agree.)

And we have to assume
RD is remembering exactly (weeks and weeks after the fact) his words that at the time he said them had no particular importance. GS's disappearance wasn't known to have involved TS at the time. Not even RD was suspicious of TS at that time. (I know that because he told one reporter he stayed up looking at older footage on Sat Feb 1 because he was worried about his own kids if there was a stranger picking up kids in the neighborhood.)

At the time RD said the words to TS he didn't know anything of importance happened in the driveway. But by the time he repeated the words to the media weeks later, he did know. Not saying he lied intentionally but our memories of an event are affected by our awareness of the outcome. Cognitive science stuff.

I think she could have easily assumed his camera showed the area in front of his house and maybe the road extending to the Stauch house. I really don't find those words convincing proof she knew her driveway up to the garage was on camera much less that he told her it did.

If you are correct AS was there when RD came by, it had to have been on Tues Jan 28. It couldn't have been later than that anyway because TS was gone. So if it wasn't then it had to be Monday night. (I still wonder myself why he hadn't reviewed the footage himself for the supposed critical hour 3-4pm since he knew GS but I guess that's just how I'd have done it.)

I do wish RD had been asked by the reporter when he offered the video to TS.
JMO

Maybe this was around the time she floated the mystery friend...
“Stauch claimed that her stepson was the only person who had a key to a gate on the side of the house, and that he left with a mystery ‘person/friend.’”
Stepmother who was the last person to see missing 11-year-old boy defends herself | Daily Mail Online
I think the purpose of the mystery person who was sent by someone else was a ill conceived attempt to point suspicion at Gannon’s mom. LS attempted to smear Gannon's mom from her first media interview and we all caught it and commented on it. It was a bad idea and only made LS look even more suspicious.

The fact there were able to sit on it for a couple of days while they waited on a confirmation tells me the same. The plus the pictures with all the agencies that showed up to the scene.

They knew.
They may have known TS had been in the area but I doubt LE knew where the body was until it was discovered by the construction worker.

If they discovered the body themselves or a tip led them there then why not just say so? What harm would it do?

Imo

I take the circumstances of Gannon’s body being found at face value. For anything else to have happened, would mean that law enforcement is lying to the public. This would obviously come out, and damage their credibility. They don’t do that.

This past Tuesday, a work crew from the Florida Department of Transportation was working Highway 90, near the Escambia River Bridge. They found a body and contacted us,” Sgt. Rich Aloy of the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office, in Florida, tells PEOPLE.

“It is a long bridge — [the body] was along the side of the bridge, but not in the water. We don’t know when the body was placed there,” Aloy says.

The remains were found approximately between 9 and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Aloy says, and the cause of death is still undetermined.

Remains Tentatively Identified as Missing Colorado Boy Gannon Stauch's Are Found in Florida
It was inevitable that his body was found in this location. Under a bridge or beside a road near a bridge, discovery is near certain. Bridge maintenance, bridge painting, bridge inspection, grass trimming crews , trash cleanup crews etc are certain to go into these type areas on a scheduled basis, not to mention transients/homeless. I’m surprised though it was found so soon here, that was dumb luck.

As to if she had help or not. For most of this, she needed absolutely no help at all.

What I think she did have help with, is crafting her alibi. I think we will learn that she encouraged her older daughter to lie for her, and this may have included initial law enforcement interviews and the coaching we saw during that infamous tv interview.

She abused Gannon herself, traveled to the murder scene herself, committed the murder herself, and moved/dumped the body herself. She needed no help with any of these things.

In order for my opinion to change, I need to know the logistics here (where Gannon’s body was during transport, and who if anyone had a reasonable expectation of knowing what was going on).

But on the face of it, I don’t think anyone else committed major crimes (knowingly aided her in the body tampering).
I agree. I believe she is fully capable. I also believe it is probable that she taught her daughter to lie for her since she was a little girl, and rewarded her in some way for being a “good girl”. So while HH may not have aided her in the crime, she may have aided in the deception, albeit unknowingly.

It was inevitable that his body was found in this location. Under a bridge or beside a road near a bridge, discovery is near certain. Bridge maintenance, bridge painting, bridge inspection, grass trimming crews , trash cleanup crews etc are certain to go into these type areas on a scheduled basis, not to mention transients/homeless. I’m surprised though it was found so soon here, that was dumb luck.
Oh absolutely. Even without a suitcase, it was only a matter of time. Inside a suitcase though, it had no chance of remaining undiscovered.

Any other spot (a normal road that doesn’t have regular inspections or maintenance), and it could have been hidden for quite a bit longer.

This was either done in panic, or was done to sell yet another false narrative (someone else did this).

The problem with the latter though, is any connection between her and the route, or her and the suitcase, and she was done.

BBM:

I'm not so sure about that.

I think that someone in TS's circle may in fact have contributed in one or more of the following ways:
  • Making false statements
  • Obstruction of justice
  • Accessory after the fact
If anyone lied to investigators at her behest, that's a serious crime.

I'm sure DDA Allen will make that fact abundantly clear to those close to TS.

"Truth or Consequences."

JMO.
I believe this was her crime alone but that others unknowingly aided her. Still, I do believe Mr. Allen with make it clear that they need to come clean and tell the truth. (I wouldn’t want him after me!)

SleuthBee,
While we don’t know if HH is a victim and we have to assume she was,
there are a couple of things Leigh said in this video that could change my mind.

First, HH told Leigh that LE harassed her in the store. I doubt that. I understood LE asked for her car keys and that LS had the keys and maybe LS talked her into “feeling” it was harassment.

Second, Leigh stated that HH told her that her mom, LS, was pregnant and in the hospital.

It is only my opinion, but I think LS taught her daughter to lie and manipulate at a young age. So although she may be a victim of her mother, I hope she is now willing to cooperate with LE on Gannon’s behalf. If not, she may be a warped individual her entire life.

And while 17 is a minor in most States, in my State 17 is of legal age. In any case, I believe a person knows between right and wrong at a fairly early age.

She can certainly be forgiven for being manipulated into assisting her mom, and she may be a victim if her mother threatened her in any way. But making those statements to the reporter tells me she was at least compliant in her moms schemes. So sad.

It’s best for me to wait until we hear evidence in the case to make a judgment either way.
Saving this post.
It would be very sad if HH follows in her mother's footsteps.
If HH was frightened of TS (not feeling that at all here after reading this post--was unable to watch it yet.) , she doesn't need to be anymore !
TS will likely be behind bars for a long time--if not for the rest of her life.

Oh absolutely. Even without a suitcase, it was only a matter of time. Inside a suitcase though, it had no chance of remaining undiscovered.

Any other spot (a normal road that doesn’t have regular inspections or maintenance), and it could have been hidden for quite a bit longer.

This was either done in panic, or was done to sell yet another false narrative (someone else did this).

The problem with the latter though, is any connection between her and the route, or her and the suitcase, and she was done.
Yes, she has proven to the world how dumb she is.

I take the circumstances of Gannon’s body being found at face value. For anything else to have happened, would mean that law enforcement is lying to the public. This would obviously come out, and damage their credibility. They don’t do that.

This past Tuesday, a work crew from the Florida Department of Transportation was working Highway 90, near the Escambia River Bridge. They found a body and contacted us,” Sgt. Rich Aloy of the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office, in Florida, tells PEOPLE.

“It is a long bridge — [the body] was along the side of the bridge, but not in the water. We don’t know when the body was placed there,” Aloy says.

The remains were found approximately between 9 and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Aloy says, and the cause of death is still undetermined.

Remains Tentatively Identified as Missing Colorado Boy Gannon Stauch's Are Found in Florida

Agreed. IMO, though, FL was on high alert to look for GS...so "they knew" when they got the call. We can ALL agree that then gasps & sobs (of both grief and relief) abounded.

Saving this post.
It would be very sad if HH follows in her mother's footsteps.
If HH was frightened of TS (not feeling that at all here after reading this post--was unable to watch it yet.) , she doesn't need to be anymore !
TS will likely be behind bars for a long time--if not for the rest of her life.
Oh I don’t believe TS will go anywhere, except to her grave. She will get LWOP plus years added on. It’s really good that HH can be free of her if she chooses to be.

As to when the interview with TS was conducted, Spencer said this on the 31st:

I just spoke with the stepmother of missing 11 year old boy #GannonStauch

We’ve got the full interview up online: bit.ly/2RKVO9p

You’ll hear the day Gannon went missing, the target she says is painted on her back, and the reason detectives say she was not cooperating

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

March 23, 2020 (DENVER, Colo.)— Attorney General Phil Weiser today released the following statement urging state courts to reschedule criminal trials to protect all trial participants from the COVID-19 virus:

I urge Colorado’s courts to recognize that, with the need to protect all trial participants from the deadly COVID-19 virus, trials should be rescheduled, and the speedy trial deadline should be recalculated under both of these statutory exceptions.

Under Colorado’s speedy trial statute, criminal charges must be entirely dismissed if a case does not proceed to trial by a certain deadline. The statute, however, allows prosecutors and defendants to agree to restart the clock and push the deadline out. Thus, I urge the parties in criminal cases to reach an agreement on doing just that—recognizing that we are in a public health emergency.

The COVID-19 virus endangers the lives of older persons and those with underlying health conditions. It is essential that Colorado’s courts recognize that our speedy trial deadlines can and should be interpreted in a way that keeps judges, jurors, witnesses, attorneys, defendants, and other Coloradans safe. Over the longer term, I will recommend to the General Assembly that we clarify that public health emergencies should be recognized in the speedy trial law as a basis to stop the clock.”

Attorney General Phil Weiser says speedy trial deadlines should be extended to keep Coloradans safe from COVID-19 - Colorado Attorney General
Today the governor of Michigan told us that the age of 40% of COVID-19 cases is between age 20 and age 49.
So seniors, like me, are not the only ones at risk.
MOO

I believe this was her crime alone but that others unknowingly aided her. Still, I do believe Mr. Allen with make it clear that they need to come clean and tell the truth. (I wouldn’t want him after me!)

BBM:

Here's my own position as we sit here, based on what we know so far, which is far, far, far, from everything:

I believe TS, and TS alone, murdered GS.

I believe TS, and TS alone, disposed of GS's remains.

I believe others may have knowingly lied to investigators and/or withheld information from them at her behest.

If anyone lied or withheld vital information about anything they saw, heard, or did related to GS's murder itself or the concealment of the crime afterward, that is a criminal offense.

We simply don't know enough to make a blanket statement that nobody else is culpable for any ancillary crimes.

It remains an open question in my mind.

JMO.

Last edited:
“He” is Gannon. She was still selling the runaway story at this point.

I have no idea what she meant by “he didn’t come towards the house,” though.
From the way RD described the conversation it sounded like the "he" was the person who picked up Gannon. He said he asked her if she wanted to see the video to see if they could see if anyone came to the house and was caught on video.

Imo

The suicidal ideation, pregnancy and hospitalization is pathetic! And HH's role in that sick charade speaks volumes of her inability to resist TS's manipulation and then actively participating.

I express this realizing that she is a victim of her mother's evil. But by the same token, she knows right from wrong, and just like the rest of society, she is still accountable for her behavior.
I’ve missed the info. regarding the pregnancy, etc. where can I find this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther