Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm sure her family has been listening (and believing) how much she's been the victim all these years. Was thinking this went beyond her stories of LH. I'm sure she's spun tails on just how horrible GS was as well (which breaks my heart to even type because he was an innocent).. but if she painted herself as the hard working, put upon woman with an unsupportive husband, evil birth mom, and horrible brat to care for... I wonder if it was enough for one or more family members to help her if she told them she snapped under the pressure.

While I know others will disagree, I can't imagine anyone in her family agreeing to help her dispose of his body. By the time they left CO, it was already known that the FBI was also on this case. Each of them has a cell phone and probably a tablet/IPad that they came out with so they were all traceable. And, as selfish and self-centered that she is, I don't think she would admit to killing or harming him. They would be risking a long jail sentence and for what?

This is a controlling woman. It is said she had control over the family social media and posted as others. Even in the first interview with the journalist, she could not hold back on telling her daughter what to say. Her daughter seemed uncomfortable. Around the suicidal and "pregnant" conversation, the daughter is in a terrible position if we think about it. She probably suspected her but couldn't confront her. And, if her mother was willing to kill Gannon as suspected, the daughter could be next easily. This can't be the first time her daughter saw her try to lie and get away with things.

If I am wrong, it will be a great lesson learned by me but right now I don't see people helping her. I think they would have told her she was crazy and jumped ship if her family knew what she did.

As an FYI, dry ice is available in many grocery stores and Walmarts throughout CO. It keeps items at about -109F and you need to keep the container with the top ajar to allow the gas to escape. But a block of dry ice could have kept the body cooled for the journey. Dry ice lasts about 24 hours in larger blocks.

Perfect reply. Spot on.

I didn’t say anything about a law involving step-parents. LOL. Obviously that would be ridiculous. I am referring to the time it takes to start looking for a kid under 12 who goes missing irregardless of what ANYONE says about him possibly being a runaway. Time to issue warrants, etc.

What you said was "They took the word of a non-biological parent that this sweet little well-mannered boy RAN AWAY??? NOT smart. The law has to change."

It certainly seemed to me you were suggesting a change in the law that wouldn't apply to biological parents. Perhaps that's not what you meant.

Regardless, I'm not clear on how current law was a problem in this awful case. It sounds like GS was dead before LE got involved.

Hard cases make bad law. It is terrible what happened to GS. But using this case to pass new laws to take away civil rights or to mandate how LE investigates cases isn't a good idea IMO.

There's been some confusion about when the Cousin It interview took place. I thought it happened on Wednesday (1/29), right after the confrontation with LE at Marshall's. I was wrong. I emailed Spencer Wilson and here is his answer....

Nope, it was all done on the same day. Happened on Friday, January 31st.

Wires got crossed in the newsroom, that might be how it got mixed up. I just went back and triple checked, Jan 31st is the right date.

Thanks!

-Spencer

At the “Cousin It” interview she acted cocky and now we all know why. By then she probably thought she was in the clear, bc by then she had probably packed him up and driven him the 450 miles to be stashed away somewhere, and there was still no arrest. But to the “lie detector eye” it was clear that she was guilty: overtalking herself, breathing hard, kissing A with viewers and trying hard to convince them of something OTHER than what they all thought. Her respiration was clearly elevated and yet it was clear she was trying to “act calm/cool.” To anyone with half a brain she was clearly guilty as hell in that interview.

Last edited:
Dear Pink2017,
I have words. Help yourself: abhorrent, appalling, atrocious, awful, abominable, brutal, beast, barbaric, brute, contemptible, cruel, crude, cold-blooded, disgusting, detestable, deplorable, diabolical, dreadful, despicable,despised, dangerous, evil, fierce,fiendish, horrible, hateful, harsh, heartless,homicidal,heinous,immoral,
inhuman, loathsome, monster, murderous, nasty,offensive,pernicious,repulsive,revolting,repugnant,ruthless,stupid,spiteful,shocking,
savage,sadistic,sick, turbulent,terrible,unpleasant, unacceptable,uncontrolled,vile,villainous,
vicious,violent, vindictive,venemous and wicked.
Please help yourself.
MOO
:(

Dear Pink2017,
I have words. Help yourself: abhorrent, appalling, atrocious, awful, abominable, brutal, beast, barbaric, brute, contemptible, cruel, crude, cold-blooded, disgusting, detestable, deplorable, diabolical, dreadful, despicable,despised, dangerous, evil, fierce,fiendish, horrible, hateful, harsh, heartless,homicidal,heinous,immoral,
inhuman, loathsome, monster, murderous, nasty,offensive,pernicious,repulsive,revolting,repugnant,ruthless,stupid,spiteful,shocking,
savage,sadistic,sick, turbulent,terrible,unpleasant, unacceptable,uncontrolled,vile,villainous,
Please help yourself.
MOO
DUP

There's been some confusion about when the Cousin It interview took place. I thought it happened on Wednesday (1/29), right after the confrontation with LE at Marshall's. I was wrong. I emailed Spencer Wilson and here is his answer....

Nope, it was all done on the same day. Happened on Friday, January 31st.

Wires got crossed in the newsroom, that might be how it got mixed up. I just went back and triple checked, Jan 31st is the right date.

Thanks!

-Spencer

At the “Cousin It” interview she acted cocky and now we all know why. By then she probably thought she was in the clear, bc she had probably packed him up and driven him the 450 miles to be stashed away, and still no arrest. But to the “lie detector eye” it was clear that she was guilty: overtalking herself, breathing hard, kissing a with viewers and trying hard to convince them of something OTHER than they all thought. To anyone with half a brain she was clearly guilty as hell in that interview.
What you said was "They took the word of a non-biological parent that this sweet little well-mannered boy RAN AWAY??? NOT smart. The law has to change."

It certainly seemed to me you were suggesting a change in the law that wouldn't apply to biological parents. Perhaps that's not what you meant.

Regardless, I'm not clear on how current law was a problem in this awful case. It sounds like GS was dead before LE got involved.

Hard cases make bad law. It is terrible what happened to GS. But using this case to pass new laws to take away civil rights or to mandate how LE investigates cases isn't a good idea IMO.

I’m not a lawyer but I think laws surrounding missing children need to change if the cops can’t do whatever they deem necessary to find that kid ASAP. If someone has a problem with that, w.t.h. are they hiding? You know?

I believe they were onto her BS very early on would love to hear what she told them and see the evidence she provided.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmother releases public statement after missing boy mysteriously vanishes while in her care

That can be scanned for actual time verification. Last, from day one the Sheriff’s office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.”

“I explained to them and provided evidence. They had information about G having the key to go out the side gate. Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home. The last thing that they needed was a hindrance to their investigation. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!”

Yeah, uh-huh, sure, T. The only friend/person Gannon left with was you. And then you took his life and stuffed him in a suitcase, only to throw him along the side of the road like he was just discarded trash. You are right about one thing: the last thing LE needed was someone hindering the investigation. But you already knew you were the one doing just that. :mad: Did that description of the person Gannon left with match you?

I’m not a lawyer but I think laws surrounding missing children need to change if the cops can’t do whatever they deem necessary to find that kid ASAP. If someone has a problem with that, w.t.h. are they hiding? You know?

>>Snipped by me<<

It's always easy to say if someone else doesn't do x (like talk to LE without an attorney present, allow a search of all property without a warrant) that person must be hiding something. But that's not how our system works. We aren't presumed guilty unless we prove ourselves innocent. We have a right not to be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure. Competent attorneys rarely tell clients to feel free talk to LE.

Regardless, as I said before, I'm not sure what new law would have saved GS. He was likely dead when LE got involved. And so far as I know, TS didn't refuse to allow a warrantless search LE requested.
JMO

>>Snipped by me<<

It's always easy to say if someone else doesn't do x (like talk to LE without an attorney present, allow a search of all property without a warrant) that person must be hiding something. But that's not how our system works. We aren't presumed guilty unless we prove ourselves innocent. We have a right not to be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure. Competent attorneys rarely tell clients to feel free talk to LE.

Regardless, as I said before, I'm not sure what new law would have saved GS. He was likely dead when LE got involved. And so far as I know, TS didn't refuse to allow a warrantless search LE requested.
JMO
He was dead before she ever called 911. Nothing could have saved him at that point, and regardless of how law enforcement characterized his disappearance, they nailed her *advertiser censored*.

Dear Pink2017,
Please help yourself.
MOO

Rageful, impulsive, quick to anger, and pathologically selfish. Remorseless, and probably annoyed by and/or hateful and jealous of G.

I really wonder if he didn’t catch her doing something illegal or something AS would disapprove of and she decided to shut him up. Maybe it was a 2-part attack. Maybe he came up on her, she yelled at him, he might have run out of the room and said something she didn’t like like “I’m going to tell dad.” Or “What are you doing?” Enough to let her know he saw. Or maybe he even picked up phone to call someone and she hit him at that point, out of rage and selfish preservation.

Rageful, impulsive, quick to anger, and pathologically selfish. Remorseless, and probably annoyed by and/or hateful and jealous of G.

I really wonder if he didn’t catch her doing something illegal or something AS would disapprove of and she decided to shut him up. Maybe it was a 2-part attack. Maybe he came up on her, she yelled at him, he might have run out of the room and said something she didn’t like like “I’m going to tell dad.” Or “What are you doing?” Enough to let her know he saw. Or maybe he even picked up phone to call someone and she hit him at that point, out of rage and selfish preservation.
She definitely did something to him that night before he got into the truck the next morning. If that wasn’t his normal gait like the neighbor implied, he was already injured. (I can’t relate as my kids walk slothfully anytime I take them somewhere). And her “I just freaked out, ya know” was telling for me. I look back to that video and just wish he had ran from her when she went back inside but I know he didn’t even know the danger he was facing. Breaks my heart! :(

He was dead before she ever called 911. Nothing could have saved him at that point, and regardless of how law enforcement characterized his disappearance, they nailed her *advertiser censored*.

Yah thats the things that gets to people in cases like this, they want to have hope and dissect every little thing that they think LE should have done differently. It doesn't affect me in that sense bc I had already made peace with the fact that poor GS wasn't coming home alive and that he was dead before LS ever made the call to LE. There can be questions of what LE could have done differently to bring GS home sooner to be laid to rest. But nothing they could have done would have saved his life. In the end they were against the eight ball bc LS was feeding them lies, and as far as we know they did the best with the cards they were dealt! Nothing but respect for El Paso County sheriffs Dept!

Last edited:
I read your comment twice (2x) and then backwards..”hard working, put upon woman with an unsupportive husband, evil birth mom, and horrible brat to care for”.... I have no words,
“she snapped”.

Hope you understand -- I was not saying she is any of those things... but that it would be the story she spins to her family putting herself in the role of martyr/victim. In truth, she is the evil incarnate and I hope she rots in jail.

Yah thats the things that gets to people in cases like this, they want to have hope and dissect every little thing that they think LE should have done differently. It doesn't affect me in that sense bc I had already made peace with the fast that poor GS wasn't coming home and that he was dead before LS ever made the call to LE. There can be questions of what LE could have done differently to bring GS home sooner to be laid to rest. But nothing they could have done would have saved his life. In the end they were against the eight ball bc LS was feeding them lies, and as far as we know they did the best with the cards they were dealt! Nothing but respect for El Paso County sheriffs Dept!
Love this post because it’s complete truth.

>>Snipped by me<<

JMO

Yeah I didn’t think she did. I know for a fact tho if someone reports a kid missing the cops will walk around their house inside and out looking for that kid as soon as they arrive. So I think my original point on this while issue was something about her not risking bringing the body back to the house on Monday bc cops would have been sniffing around house and cars, at best. And just because someone says the kid’s a runaway doesn’t mean they should believe them. I’m sure she wasn’t in tears and nervous when they arrived unless it was a bad acting job. Either way, she must have sent up ALL kinds of red flags. Cops can tell genuine emotion or lack of it when they see it. You’re right about probable cause and how without it they couldn’t get a search warrant. It’s just too bad they didn’t send cars to watch her. They can do that. They can also monitor them remotely via their cell phone numbers alone, real time. Don’t ask me how, but they can. And all without a search warrant. So why didn’t they realize she was leaving the state and inform out of state troops to follow her. Maybe that’s illegal. Who knows. I just wish they had and had found the body much earlier. There’s a reason they are saying “tentatively identified.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea