Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah thats the things that gets to people in cases like this, they want to have hope and dissect every little thing that they think LE should have done differently. It doesn't affect me in that sense bc I had already made peace with the fact that poor GS wasn't coming home alive and that he was dead before LS ever made the call to LE. There can be questions of what LE could have done differently to bring GS home sooner to be laid to rest. But nothing they could have done would have saved his life. In the end they were against the eight ball bc LS was feeding them lies, and as far as we know they did the best with the cards they were dealt! Nothing but respect for El Paso County sheriffs Dept!

Yeah in this case. But what about in the case of a kid who actually isn’t a runaway, but is abducted and being taken past state lines, or raped a town over in an abandoned house, or hidden in a neighbors cellar or buried in a backyard, alive?
They need to move on those.

In this case it would have helped prosecution if they had found the body sooner.

Yeah in this case. But what about in the case of a kid who actually isn’t a runaway, but is abducted and being taken past state lines, or raped a town over in an abandoned house, or hidden in a neighbors cellar or buried in a backyard, alive?

In this case it would have helped prosecution if they had found the body sooner.
If they had any inclination that those things were likely, this case would have proceeded much differently!
There were things in this case that they checked out early on. On LS own words they checked neighbors accounts if they saw GS etc. They pulled all the security footage they could. They knew very early that this was no stranger abduction and that LS had likely done something to quote LH "heinous". It takes time to prove it though......

They were well aware what they were dealing with from the start! IMO

Last edited:
I've considered this exact thing. The 'official' story being his remains were found just by a stroke of luck....which, is DEFINITELY possible.

However, there's a little voice inside telling me there may be more to his discovery than happenstance.
Although I have zero idea how this works, since marijuana, edibles, etc are completely legal in Colorado even for recreational use, how hard would it really be to find someone to drive a vehicle or even a Uhaul to transport alleged substances? I am neither dissing anyone who uses these substances nor the fact that the people of Colorado have voted it in but seriously there must be people who are willing to travel distances to make money. How difficult is it to imagine someone would haul a load of what they mistakenly thought was marijuana but may have been a cover for something more nefarious?
I am not buying that the family helped here simply because this appears to be a woman who has manipulated everyone in life through every means imaginable. There is a sucker born everyday and what if they even mistakenly thought they were transporting marijuana only to find out they weren’t or even had an extra suitcase of something included that wasn’t expected or part of the deal?
IMO

Yeah I didn’t think she did. I know for a fact tho if someone reports a kid missing the cops will walk around their house inside and out looking for that kid as soon as they arrive. So I think my original point on this while issue was something about her not risking bringing the body back to the house on Monday bc cops would have been sniffing around house and cars, at best. And just because someone says the kid’s a runaway doesn’t mean they should believe them. I’m sure she wasn’t in tears and nervous when they arrived unless it was a bad acting job. Either way, she must have sent up ALL kinds of red flags. Cops can tell genuine emotion or lack of it when they see it. You’re right about probable cause and how without it they couldn’t get a search warrant. It’s just too bad they didn’t send cars to watch her. They can do that. They can also monitor them remotely via their cell phone numbers alone, real time. Don’t ask me how, but they can. And all without a search warrant. So why didn’t they realize she was leaving the state and inform out of state troops to follow her. Maybe that’s illegal. Who knows. I just wish they had and had found the body much earlier. There’s a reason they are saying “tentatively identified.”

I believe it reads tentatively because they are waiting for DNA confirmation. They are most certainly sure it is him or they would not have said anything, but without DNA results they can’t with 100% certainty say it is him.

Yah thats the things that gets to people in cases like this, they want to have hope and dissect every little thing that they think LE should have done differently. It doesn't affect me in that sense bc I had already made peace with the fact that poor GS wasn't coming home alive and that he was dead before LS ever made the call to LE. There can be questions of what LE could have done differently to bring GS home sooner to be laid to rest. But nothing they could have done would have saved his life. In the end they were against the eight ball bc LS was feeding them lies, and as far as we know they did the best with the cards they were dealt! Nothing but respect for El Paso County sheriffs Dept!

I am in agreement with you on this case and these types of circumstances. I would imagine that many officers thought she was lying but had no initial proof. An 11 year old with no behavior issues runs away? The first question would be has he done it before and/or why would he run away. The sisters might be interviewed to determine issues present in the house. They needed some additional information to move off of her story. Dad returning home was the change agent in terms of determining that he didn't run off.

When it comes to systematic abuse that has been reported and known (Thomas Valva and AJ Freund and too many others to name), there are things that can be done and we don't usually see movement in those cases until it is too late. There is a place for lots of us to get behind in terms of making the lives of many abused children better.

I'm still reminded often that all the while LS was putting out in msm and social media to be on the look out for a strange person. LE was saying that we have no evidence of an abduction.......that in itself said all I needed to know!

It takes time to chase down leads in order to collect all the bread crumbs that LS was leaving behind as they followed her trail. Unfortunately many investigative hrs are involved to follow such a ridiculous trail of deception and unfortunately it doesn't happen as quickly as it does on tv. JMO

Is anyone else rethinking the everything's-perfect-happy-hike photo that LS took on Sunday at Garden of the Gods? She murdered Gannon the very next day. I think her rage had been growing and growing over time. I wouldn't be surprised if she had imagined getting rid of him for quite some time (not necessarily planning, but more of an idea she fantasized about and had at the ready). She didn't like him. Why did she spend that day hiking with him and taking that stupid selfie with him? Did she intend all along to use it on a missing poster? I'd love to know when that poster was first created.

And now that we know a firearm of some sort was used, is the WS consensus that that's what she carried to the truck Monday morning? When RD's video came out there was some discussion about her carrying what looked like a soft sided rifle case.

Is anyone else rethinking the everything's-perfect-happy-hike photo that LS took on Sunday at Garden of the Gods? She murdered Gannon the very next day. I think her rage had been growing and growing over time. I wouldn't be surprised if she had imagined getting rid of him for quite some time (not necessarily planning, but more of an idea she fantasized about and had at the ready). She didn't like him. Why did she spend that day hiking with him and taking that stupid selfie with him? Did she intend all along to use it on a missing poster? I'd love to know when that poster was first created.

And now that we know a firearm of some sort was used, is the WS consensus that that's what she carried to the truck Monday morning? When RD's video came out there was some discussion about her carrying what looked like a soft sided rifle case.

MOO thought it looked like a soft side rifle case with a rifle in it being carried and concealed in a hefty bag.

I'm not anywhere close to pointing a finger at HH. No way. No how. She is, IMO, a victim to the n'th degree, though I think, from a LE perspective, accountable nonetheless.

I do see the possibility of someone, some where, being charged with concealing a crime, or, failure to notify, or some such ancillary charge.

I am confident Gannon's murder was at the hands of LS, and LS alone. It becomes blurry for me upon the departure of Gannon's body from Colorado, and the ensuing time spent in Myrtle Beach. It would be from that pool of individuals, contacts, and associates, those she interacted with just prior to her departure from Colorado, and certainly post departure, that I would be suspicious.

peace :)

Well, let's poke at this a little bit.

It's now clear that the Cousin It interview occurred on January 31. So, at that time, Spencer Wilson interviews LS and she has 4 people with her (one of whom is HH, two are "auntie age" and one is a young man, whom I think is likely HH's boyfriend). All of LS's vehicles have been impounded by then. Rental car is turned back in. She has another sedan (red Nissan) and a moving truck. Hmmm.

Where do you suppose Gannon is at that time? Without stops, it's about 20-21 hours from CoS to Pace, FL. With stops, it's about 24 hours. They stopped and slept - probably twice - because they are going on from FL (if they were all in FL) to SC - so more hours. Seems clear LS stayed in Pensacola or thereabouts - but unless she took over driving the truck, who was with her? Did she sneak out in the car or the truck to throw Gannon's body off the overpass/bridge?

Why do these 4 people think they are in this situation? They know Gannon is missing. They know she's the last one to see him. Did none of them think about why she was leaving the state when everyone else was looking for Gannon?

Here's the thing. Albert Stauch is a real person, who came home to find that his son was missing and his wife was behaving in an extraordinarily shady manner. Plus he saw video. Plus he knew her. I'm sure he had a few choice questions for her. I don't think she could have gotten her "things" from the Mandan house had she not had a crew with her. Most people in that situation might think to call the police to be present when they carted their stuff out - police do that all the time - but, well, pretty sure that LS was against having LE help her out there. So she got a couple of relatives (women) to show up and help with that. All the while, Gannon is missing.

There's no way they didn't ask in some way about where Gannon was and what the heck was going on.

I think we're all quite curious about what actually happened from Feb 1-4 or 5. But the outline is pretty clear and there are 4 people I"d want to re-interview, if I were LE.

ANY child on their own under a certain age in those temperatures are "ENDANGERED" almost immediately! Maybe they already knew they weren't dealing with an endangered child, but then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member