Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm not sure she was mentally capable of driving the car and the truck. For whatever reason, she wanted a rental truck. Once she decided that, she was no longer doing it alone. I think that's part of her general MO, she always tries to rope others in and have others positioned for some or all of the blame.

She did need help with her plan, as her plan apparently involved driving 5 people cross country and she certainly didn't abandon them and take off on her own in a third car (IMO).

She roped 4 people into a weird kind of "lie" which was necessary for her to stay in her own quasi-psychotic but customary state of mind, in order to flee the state. Driving alone with a dead body across the country was not her gig.

But, do we know for sure, all 5 people made the trip? Isn't that just an assumption? (I really don't know since I joined these threads later than a lot of others who have been here from the beginning.)
But, surely the young man could unpack the truck on his own if he'd been paid to make the journey to SC and that was "part of the deal." They didn't really need 5 people total to make that trip. Maybe the women there that day at the BOH (back of head) interview live in the CS area.

Well, let's poke at this a little bit.

It's now clear that the Cousin It interview occurred on January 31. So, at that time, Spencer Wilson interviews LS and she has 4 people with her (one of whom is HH, two are "auntie age" and one is a young man, whom I think is likely HH's boyfriend). All of LS's vehicles have been impounded by then. Rental car is turned back in. She has another sedan (red Nissan) and a moving truck. Hmmm.

Where do you suppose Gannon is at that time? Without stops, it's about 20-21 hours from CoS to Pace, FL. With stops, it's about 24 hours. They stopped and slept - probably twice - because they are going on from FL (if they were all in FL) to SC - so more hours. Seems clear LS stayed in Pensacola or thereabouts - but unless she took over driving the truck, who was with her? Did she sneak out in the car or the truck to throw Gannon's body off the overpass/bridge?

Why do these 4 people think they are in this situation? They know Gannon is missing. They know she's the last one to see him. Did none of them think about why she was leaving the state when everyone else was looking for Gannon?

Here's the thing. Albert Stauch is a real person, who came home to find that his son was missing and his wife was behaving in an extraordinarily shady manner. Plus he saw video. Plus he knew her. I'm sure he had a few choice questions for her. I don't think she could have gotten her "things" from the Mandan house had she not had a crew with her. Most people in that situation might think to call the police to be present when they carted their stuff out - police do that all the time - but, well, pretty sure that LS was against having LE help her out there. So she got a couple of relatives (women) to show up and help with that. All the while, Gannon is missing.

There's no way they didn't ask in some way about where Gannon was and what the heck was going on.

I think we're all quite curious about what actually happened from Feb 1-4 or 5. But the outline is pretty clear and there are 4 people I"d want to re-interview, if I were LE.
@10ofRods ... I just want to add that since AS requested the return of Sadie ASAP, they must have taken her at that time as well. Its all very strange behavior on everyone's part considering the situation.

Well she may have needed help to move, but anyone unknowingly helping her transport a body, committed absolutely no crime. The context is a criminal act on the part of others.

We still don’t know who was with her on that trip, how many vehicles were involved, who was driving what, or where Gannon’s body was during all of this.

Thank-you. That answers my question in my previous comment. We actually don't know that this was a caravan of 1 truck and 2 cars and 5 people all stuffed in to take a long trip like that. Why would that many people accompany 1 person who's moving to SC? It doesn't make sense to me.

QUOTE="wyome, post: 15969538, member: 51224"]Do we know yet whether the suitcase he was found in belonged to the Stauchs? Really curious about this because if it was their/her suitcase, that trip to Florida was a ridiculous waste of time. A body, you can hope to disappear forever...a suitcase, not so much.[/QUOTE]

I think it did belong to them and Al noticed that it was missing and reported it to LE.......just a hunch ;);)

MOO JMO

I'm thinking the same kind of thing. Plus, even if there are no criminal charges, the civil lawsuit that's now on the table is quite large (knew or should have known...yada yada). It's a measure of Albert and Landen's own inner moral compass that they haven't already hired someone to sue. Also, they know that might hurt the criminal case and further, these people have nothing - it would be only to torment them (well, not literally "nothing").

The real reason for such a suit (IMO) is to make HH and Co. undergo depositions.
@10ofRods I am sure LH and AS will be well advised to file necessary civil suits to prohibit all of them from earning one red cent as a result of the heinous murder of their son. Their load and go behavior in the face of Gannon's disappearance is abhorable! When people show you what they are, believe them. Decent people don't do that!

Then she had to drive the truck because the other 4 people had to be in the car.

Or do you think that after the Jan 31 interview, she took them to the airport. What happens to her stuff in the trunk? How did those 4 people fit their stuff into the trunk if Gannon was in a suitcase in that small space?

What did she do with the Nissan? Or did she take the Nissan and return the truck (did it really have nothing inside of it and was just a prop? I don't think so - I think she took stuff from the Mandan house, a lot of stuff actually, and put it in the truck. I think Gannon was in the truck myself. But either way, she has 4 people and an extra vehicle to get rid of, while high-tailing it to FL.

Of course, I am very set on my own view that LS has a severe personality disorder (cluster) that some people might say is "sociopathic" but which I view as covered by DSM - under Borderline/Narcissistic. But especially Borderline (severe enough though, to be off the scale of regular personality disorders - almost no one is this crazy). The key characteristic of her personality is the inability to be alone and fear of abandonment.

I could say more, but let's just say that the amount of typing she did (all by itself) during her flight to FL makes me think she wasn't driving the whole way.
So there was a rental van (or truck) I'm guessing at the least to move HH bedroom furniture and their clothing. HH had a car? Then how many rental cars? (Also someone mentioned a car that WAS TS, but not hers anymore????)

IF 2 vehicles, Truck with bench seat? 2 aunts (maybe HH boyfriend, but why would he even be going, was he 18, didn't he have a job?) So maybe or maybe not HH in the truck with the 2 aunts.... The car with TS (and maybe HH) takes the long way, TS sneaks out of hotel and throws suitcase over bridge or makes excuse to run to store. Or even stops at night while HH sleeps in passenger seat. (My theory includes that suitcase has been refrigerator or freezer temps until that day or the day prior) MOO
MOO

“We're finally learning what investigators believe might have happened to 11-year-old #GannonStauch. The details are difficult to hear. A source tells @KKTV11News the boy was shot, stabbed, and put in a suitcase before his body was thrown under a Florida bridge.” (BBM)
10:25 PM · Mar 24, 2020 (MST/local)
Catherine Silver on Twitter
Video at link

Last edited:
You don't just "start" becoming a liar after you murder a child and want to convince the public that you are innocent. Based on her ease in concocting lies that we know about (and didn't buy from the beginning) I'm sure that she has been a pathological liar for her entire life. I'm also sure that everyone close to her has had experience in doubting her word and catching her in blatant lies over the years.

I think her husband (for sure) and her close family members suspected that she was lying from early on after Gannon vanished. It will be interesting to see if they contributed to, or obstructed the investigation. jmo

Not to mention, that when she was talking about "this child"... she also let us know, via word choice, that "this child" (Gannon's) main utility to her, was his pliability and obedience. "He's very sweet... he's always ready to help with the dogs..."

As with job interviewers and their open-ended questions, Spencer H. gave her a question she could have chosen to answer in any way. That's what she chose to emphasize.

“We're finally learning what investigators believe might have happened to 11-year-old #GannonStauch. The details are difficult to hear. A source tells
@KKTV11News the boy was shot, stabbed, and put in a suitcase before his body was thrown under a Florida bridge.”
10:25 PM · Mar 24, 2020 (MST/local)
Catherine Silver on Twitter
Video at link

I was less than positive that those charges necessarily reflected that he was shot, stabbed, and beaten.

This ends any lingering doubt.

Yes, Lee says that Aunt Katherine told her LE found Gannon’s Nintendo Switch somewhere not in his house.

Poor little guy. I wonder if that's what he dropped in the driveway while standing by the back door of the truck. The vision of him standing there looking helpless and the sound of his voice 'pinky promising' and groaning in pain and fear at the same time will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Then she had to drive the truck because the other 4 people had to be in the car.

Or do you think that after the Jan 31 interview, she took them to the airport. What happens to her stuff in the trunk? How did those 4 people fit their stuff into the trunk if Gannon was in a suitcase in that small space?

What did she do with the Nissan? Or did she take the Nissan and return the truck (did it really have nothing inside of it and was just a prop? I don't think so - I think she took stuff from the Mandan house, a lot of stuff actually, and put it in the truck. I think Gannon was in the truck myself. But either way, she has 4 people and an extra vehicle to get rid of, while high-tailing it to FL.

Of course, I am very set on my own view that LS has a severe personality disorder (cluster) that some people might say is "sociopathic" but which I view as covered by DSM - under Borderline/Narcissistic. But especially Borderline (severe enough though, to be off the scale of regular personality disorders - almost no one is this crazy). The key characteristic of her personality is the inability to be alone and fear of abandonment.

I could say more, but let's just say that the amount of typing she did (all by itself) during her flight to FL makes me think she wasn't driving the whole way.
@10ofRods Given the number of search warrants, I'd be surprised if LE is not in possession of highly incriminating communications (email, sms, pc, fb, twitter, tiktok, etc) that will attest to the involvement of others. And with that knowledge, the DDA has not ruled out filing charges against others.

Poor little guy. I wonder if that's what he dropped in the driveway while standing by the back door of the truck. The vision of him standing there looking helpless and the sound of his voice 'pinky promising' and groaning in pain and fear at the same time will stay with me for the rest of my life.
God, he couldn’t even hold onto the Switch! He must have been in so much pain...

Going through pensacola would make the trip 4 to 6 hours longer. It would surprise me if anyone (other than LS) was willing to take the "scenic route." I guess there could be a reason why they chose that route, though. I'm leaning more towards LS making that journey alone, and not in a "caravan."

Wasn't there an early interview from an "aunt" from texas? Does anyone know who's aunt this was? Gannon's, AS's, LS's, or LH's? If it was LS's aunt, maybe they dropped her off on the way? It still seems like pensacola would be "out of the way," though.

God, he couldn’t even hold onto the Switch! He must have been in so much pain...
That’s what I always figured it was. If any kid drops a device like that, they immediately pick it up. He couldn’t.

If a parent sees a child drop an expensive device like that, they stop and check to make sure it’s not damaged. She didn’t.

One wasn’t physically able to bend down, and the other knew it didn’t matter, because he’d never be using that thing again.

A couple seconds, but so telling.

Going through pensacola would make the trip 4 to 6 hours longer. It would surprise me if anyone (other than LS) was willing to take the "scenic route." I guess there could be a reason why they chose that route, though. I'm leaning more towards LS making that journey alone, and not in a "caravan."

Wasn't there an early interview from an "aunt" from texas? Does anyone know who's aunt this was? Gannon's, AS's, LS's, or LH's? If it was LS's aunt, maybe they dropped her off on the way? It still seems like pensacola would be "out of the way," though.
LH's aunt lives in Texas. And if TS had her way, GS's murder would be pinned on his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500