Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Apparently many got cheap air and boarding passes. They knew, or, should have known the risks. However, we can't just let them possibly die because they were stupid.
That is not human nature. At least I hope it's not.

I go on cruises. I usually book them about a year out. I find that the longer the cruise or the more exotic the cruise, the more the passengers plan ahead. I would include this cruise in that parameter.

You don't wake up one day and decide to go on a 21 day cruise 5 days later. While it it true that there is a certain portion of cruisers who jump at the chance of reduced rates, those on long cruises, if they can afford it, don't want to be stuck in an inside cabin.

Right now, I have a transatlantic cruise booked for April 2021. I will probably cancel it. Not because of Covid 19 but because the cruise line NCL has exposed themselves as a company who is putting profit before safety. Their CEO has been caught actively downplaying the virus advising potential cruisers that the virus can't live in tropical clients.

It's not only young people who are carelessly spreading the virus. Look at these older shoppers …. what are they thinking? Their risking their lives. Do they really need toilet paper that badly?

They just want to be social. Some people really can't help it. Many of the elderly were brought up with far more sociality than in the younger generations. My dad went without fail to his Denny's every single morning. EVERY morning. For two hours. Then sometimes back in the evening, if he got hungry.

Every person in town would say howdy, or sit down with him and then he'd stand out in the parking lot and tell stories. Then go lurk around to see if the neighbors were coming out of their houses. All of this from a man who loved his job because he was the only one there. Once retired, he became something of a social butterfly (avoiding all organized events as far as possible but truly loving the de facto Senior Center that was Denny's). He have been so upset that it's closed right now.

Field hospital to fight coronavirus goes up in Central Park

2KC2B474K5HEDKLMOSSEAYPFCI.JPG

Private campgrounds seems to still be open and taking new customers.
There are a lot of people who are full time RV'ers. They don't own homes they travel in their RV's staying for a time in one spot and then leaving for another.

If all public campgrounds are closed maybe these people can self quarantine at private campgrounds. JMO

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died in the coronavirus outbreak there not the 3,200 claimed by Chinese authorities

But residents in Wuhan claim 500 urns have been handed out to grieving families every day from seven separate funeral homes all serving the city.

This means the ashes of 3,500 people are distributed every 24 hours.

The homes - in Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang - have told grieving families that they will receive the ashes before April 5, the date of Qing Ming festival where people tend the graves of their ancestors.

This means that 42,000 urns could be distributed in that 12-day period.

Earlier reports stated that the Hankou premises received two shipments of 5,000 urns in just two days, according to local media.

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died from coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

I just made Quarantine Fudge (formerly my very own Ghirardelli concoction) and am waiting for it to cool! Also waiting for my latest fabric pick-ups (off people’s porches - zero contact) to finish in the dryer so I can get down to business again.

In the meantime, catching up here. I see we haven’t figured out a way to throttle one another through the screens yet! That’s at least some good news.

Thanks to Henry and everyone for the updates!

We have to be "sicker" to get tested:

The people in my household, we all assume we have the regular flu sweeping through our house.

I was achy and weak but got over it, another person in my house had cough, severe headaches and throwing up and weak, and now he is much better. Third person in my house has a sore mouth and bad sore throat and is achy but is doing well.

Wouldn't it be nice if tests were available to just be able to go out and get one?

Then you know for sure. Otherwise everyone just thinks they have the flu, which is what we think.

I'm 95% certain it's the flu, we haven't been anywhere for weeks except for essentials. But wouldn't it be nice to know FOR SURE?

Last edited:
Australian cases have passed 4000

not great but but its not rising as fast as some predicted, we entered stage 3 restrictions today in my state

which means basically unless you need food, medical or work you need to be at home and most places have closed down anyways ( not my wife's work they are still making them go in, luckily she only works with 3 other ladies but still rather she be home)

(If anyone lives in Torrance, CA, help is here. Every city in the US should do similar IMO)

Coronavirus: Torrance to offer food delivery service for at-risk population – Daily Breeze

TORRANCE — The city of Torrance will begin offering a grocery delivery service to the COVID-19 at-risk population on Tuesday, officials said.
The Torrance Cares 2-Go Care Package will provide 18 preselected essential grocery and sanitary items for $70 delivered straight to their door, said Michael D. Smith, Torrance spokesman.
The Torrance Cares 2-Go Go Cares Package will be delivered by a uniformed city employee in a city-marked fleet vehicle.
Packages will include:
Chicken/Turkey (approximately 2 lb. pack)
Beef (Steak/Ground, approximately 2 lb. pack)
Milk (=1/2 Gal.) (Potentially: Soy, Whole or Reduced/non-fat)
Eggs (=Dozen)
Butter (1 lb.)
Bread (1 loaf)
Boxed Pasta/Rice/Mac-Cheese (2)
Cereal (1 Box)
Canned Soups, Veggies and/or beans (2)
Celery Stalk (1)
Carrots (1 lb.)
Onions (2)
Garlic (1 Head)
Apples (2)
Oranges (2)
Can of Disinfectant Spray (Lysol or Similar Product)
Dish Soap (= 8 oz.)
Toilet Paper (=4-Pack), Box of Tissues (1), or Paper Towels (2-Pack).

In these parts, this would cost about $65.00, so with delivery, this is a wonderful way to deliver nutritious food at a reasonable cost.

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died in the coronavirus outbreak there not the 3,200 claimed by Chinese authorities

But residents in Wuhan claim 500 urns have been handed out to grieving families every day from seven separate funeral homes all serving the city.

This means the ashes of 3,500 people are distributed every 24 hours.

The homes - in Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang - have told grieving families that they will receive the ashes before April 5, the date of Qing Ming festival where people tend the graves of their ancestors.

This means that 42,000 urns could be distributed in that 12-day period.

Earlier reports stated that the Hankou premises received two shipments of 5,000 urns in just two days, according to local media.

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died from coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

Thanks for posting this. Qing Ming is a very important date in China, the graves of family members are tended and flowers and other memorials placed on the graves. But not a good time for social distancing. To cancel it would break hundreds of years of culture and tradition. It will also be difficult to find places to bury the remains of loved ones who passed away in Wuhan, this has been a big problem in Chinese cities the last few years. There just isn't enough land, so the government has been encouraging and promote burials at sea, and other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon