Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would not be so critical. This a lot for people to adjust to. Being angry does no good. JMO
So you take off the gloves, throw them (on the ground, in the buggy?) hit the keyfob to open the trunk...and use your bare hands to pick up the plastic bags that came from inside the store and put them in your trunk?

Just want to know the correct procedure. :oops:

There were blue gloves all over the ground outside the grocery store two weeks ago. Yikes

So you take off the gloves, throw them (on the ground, in the buggy?) hit the keyfob to open the trunk...and use your bare hands to pick up the plastic bags that came from inside the store and put them in your trunk?

Just want to know the correct procedure.
Yes. I sanitize my hands before getting in the car or touching keys.Then set the bags on garage floor or entry way. Disinfect whatever items you have in whatever manner works for you. Throw the bags in the garbage. Then thoroughly wash your hands. Some folks have a bit different procedures.

I do that. One gloved hand to pick up the groceries in the plastic bag. Plastic can hold a virus for 3 days. I carry it to the garage, remove the plastic bags and put them in the garbage bin. I wipe off perishables and leave the rest of the food in the garage for 3 days.

Same with key and shopping - try to keep one hand clean, touching nothing except your stuff, and keep the other hand away from face until you can wash hands.

Sounds a bit crazy, but it is what it is.

There were blue gloves all over the ground outside the grocery store two weeks ago. Yikes
Yes, I'd like to know too. I sanitize my keys, key FOB, everything I touched as soon as I get home.

Me too, although until you put it into words, I couldn't quite describe it. We watched The Sound of Music with granddaughter (5) today and I cried at so many points. I was sobbing when the family left Austria, their beautiful, ideal home. I realized I'm crying because life did not turn out to be as wondrous and beautiful as it was, when I was 5.

I fear for the mental health of our children and I think it's probably time that the 20-somethings and the 30-somethings take on the fixing of the world situation. The ones who still live at home, cannot afford to pay their parents' mortgage, should they die...are legion. It's SO many 20-somethings. And then I cry because to me, they are still so young, but seriously, they need to be prepared to be on their own.
To navigate the crazy (nearly worthless) system of social services we have in the US. With climate change, weather events, viruses, incredible unemployment, etc., the younger ones are going to have to step up, just as my parents' generation did. And which, to a large extent, did my own generations (we went out and got enough education to increase the number of nurses, doctors, engineers, computer geniuses, etc). I don't know many people my age who haven't worked all their life and figured out how to rent a (communal) apartment...
I cry because I don't want to see more people become homeless when we know we have buildings they could live in.
I love your post and I love The Sound of Music. I remember making my son watch it with me years ago when he was in elementary school. He was not happy about it at all but ended up really liking it; or so he said. My son is 20, lives at home with me and goes to college. It's just the two of us. I worry so much about his age group, 18-20 year old's. He doesn't say anything or show it, but I can see a fear in his eyes that I have never seen before. I believe this will have long-lasting negative ramifications particularly with his age group. They should be going out with friends, dating, working, studying, etc and not having to worry about stepping outside, getting too close to people or paying the mortgage if something happens to their parent(s). I started to talk to him about my 401K and paying off the mortgage but I could see he was very uncomfortable (scared) talking about it, so of course I stopped and started talking about something else. However, if this keeps getting worse, which I believe it will, I'm going to have to discuss these things with him at some point. I find myself crying a lot these days and I hate that I've become a paranoid, disinfectant spraying, hand-washing freak.

Coronavirus News: World-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. James Goodrich dies from COVID-19

“He was beloved by his colleagues and staff and every year he baked holiday cookies and hand-delivered them to the nurses at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore.”
—-

‘Humble’ NYC Doctor Who Led Miracle Surgery on Conjoined Twins Dies of COVID-19 Complications

Goodrich was known for his kindness, his caring and his sense of humor

“A New York doctor who dedicated his life to saving children with neurological diseases -- famously performing a lifesaving surgery on the conjoined McDonald twins in 2016 -- has died after contracting COVID-19.”

Last edited:
Yes. I sanitize my hands before getting in the car or touching keys.Then set the bags on garage floor or entry way. Disinfect whatever items you have in whatever manner works for you. Throw the bags in the garbage. Then thoroughly wash your hands. Some folks have a bit different procedures.
I would run all my groceries through my dishwasher if it were feasible. At least my vegetables and fruits. :p

Coronavirus News: World-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. James Goodrich dies from COVID-19

—-

‘Humble’ NYC Doctor Who Led Miracle Surgery on Conjoined Twins Dies of COVID-19 Complications

Goodrich was known for his kindness, his caring and his sense of humor

“A New York doctor who dedicated his life to saving children with neurological diseases -- famously performing a lifesaving surgery on the conjoined McDonald twins in 2016 -- has died after contracting COVID-19.”

And there we have the Spring Breakers laughing about preventing the spread of the virus since they're just old people dying.

Personally I would not be so critical. This a lot for people to adjust to. Being angry does no good. JMO
Thanks. I'm not being critical at all, at least people are trying.... But the thing going through my head is do they think about how it transfers and if they clean all things touched afterwards. I am far from angry. Thinking of stop, was not in anyway coming from an angry standpoint. Concerned more like it.

Stepping out during stay-at-home order could get you in trouble

TRENTON - A stay-at-home order hasn't helped some people stay out of trouble, authorities say.

The state Attorney General's Office on Friday released a list of alleged offenses by South Jersey residents who might have been better off if they'd stayed inside.

The order, intended to promote social distancing and curb transmission of the virus, took effect at 9 p.m. March 21.

<snip>

On Tuesday, Carmen J. Fasanella, 25, allegedly went to the Waterford home of a woman and assaulted her. Fasanella was charged with aggravated assault and harassment.

And a Pitman woman allegedly tossed a Molotov cocktail at a boyfriend's residence on Wednesday.
"It did not detonate," the Attorney General's Office noted in a statement.

The woman, Karley A. Rossell, 24, was charged with arson and weapons offenses.

All three suspects also were charged with a disorderly persons offense for violating the governor's order.

Yes, I'd like to know too. I sanitize my keys, key FOB, everything I touched as soon as I get home.

And if you do make a mistake, dont panic but just be sure to not touch your face area and immediately wash your hands really good as soon as possible. Or purell or something if no washing available.

Ive made quite a few mistakes and just try to recover from them as soon as possible.

ETA - I also bring a couple extra empty plastic bags with me in the car if I have to go anywhere to dispose of any trash like used wipes, used gloves, etc.

I do that. One gloved hand to pick up the groceries in the plastic bag. Plastic can hold a virus for 3 days. I carry it to the garage, remove the plastic bags and put them in the garbage bin. I wipe off perishables and leave the rest of the food in the garage for 3 days.

Same with key and shopping - try to keep one hand clean, touching nothing except your stuff, and keep the other hand away from face until you can wash hands.

Sounds a bit crazy, but it is what it is.
I only take my credit/debit card and my car key into the store and have each in a sealed plastic baggie. I have a Decon table set up in the garage.
So much to think about just to go to the grocery store!

I don't have any gloves so I wait till I get home and use a Clorox wipe on my keys/fob, steering wheel, seat belt/buckle, radio controls, and door handles before I go in the house.
Yes, that's what I think of also. I suppose I stated my concern in the wrong way. My concern is, do some think those gloves work and then not do all those things afterwards... That's all, just really scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg