MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

I found the 4/7/20 lifestream with Joey C. and Chief Conley disappointing. Sadly, and understandably, the Covid-19 pandemic is foremost on everyone's mind right now. Here on Cape Ann, and everywhere. And, I guess here on Cape Ann, per the conversation, dog poop seems to be on everyone's mind as well. I was hopeful there might be an update on Abbie Flynn from Chief Conley, but there was nothing. So strange, sad, and curious.
So unsettling - how could LE not provide an update on Abbie’s disappearance?
There needs to be a cracker jack reporter out there who wants to pursue this.
If I was still reporting, I’d be all over this.
I’ve asked local publications I’ve worked for to assign someone, but to no avail.
They ‘don’t have the resources.’
It’s crazy.

So unsettling - how could LE not provide an update on Abbie’s disappearance?
There needs to be a cracker jack reporter out there who wants to pursue this.
If I was still reporting, I’d be all over this.
I’ve asked local publications I’ve worked for to assign someone, but to no avail.
They ‘don’t have the resources.’
It’s crazy.

So very unsettling. I’ve never belonged to a group like this, I believe I joined because early on we weren’t given any information about any progress being made, and here we are two months later with complete silence. Most of us here want to know at least what the authorities have ”ruled out”, so we all can feel safe.

Perhaps we should take them at their word when they assured us there was no foul play. Maybe we’re all making it more complicated than it is. But that’s not easy to do when everything is so secretive.

Also, early on there was mention of a private investigator. What does that mean? Does he work for the police or Abbie’s family?

So very unsettling. I’ve never belonged to a group like this, I believe I joined because early on we weren’t given any information about any progress being made, and here we are two months later with complete silence. Most of us here want to know at least what the authorities have ”ruled out”, so we all can feel safe.

Perhaps we should take them at their word when they assured us there was no foul play. Maybe we’re all making it more complicated than it is. But that’s not easy to do when everything is so secretive.

Also, early on there was mention of a private investigator. What does that mean? Does he work for the police or Abbie’s family?

The police don’t use private investigators.

Idk the answer to your question, but police DO use PIs sometimes to solve crimes. LE worked with a PI to solve Kelli Bordeaux’s case. The PI befriended the suspect & got him to reveal where Kelli’s body was. Investigation Discovery did a documentary episode on this case. There are other examples. No idea what tactics LE is using for Abby.

I'd like to know how they could determine that no foul play was involved.

I've followed this offline and heard about it because of Abbie disappearing just before her Super Bowl party.

She tells her son she may go for a walk, then just vanishes in thin air without a trace?

Did I miss anything important- did they find anything belonging to her- a shoe, hat, glove, etc? Last I heard on the news, there was no trace of her, no one had seen her, and she didn't have her phone with her. Did anything change?

Anything is possible and there have been some really odd and unexpected conclusions to cases before, but I also am not feeling a suicide here. Maybe if she wasn't having a party/people over and didn't already have food made/in the process of being made. If you knew you were going to end your life, why even bother start making food?

Right now, I am 50/50 between horrible accident while on a walk and foul play. I think if there was foul play, it's possible she wasn't on a walk at all. I think if her son hadn't mentioned she said she *MAY* go for a walk, we might not even be looking in that direction. I don't doubt at all that she DID say that, but it's very possible she decided against going. Maybe too cold, maybe too much left to do for the party or whatever.

With everything being left in the house (like phone, etc), I still can't get it out of my mind that maybe someone either came to the door or pulled up out front and she ran out to talk to them and then something happened. All MOO of course. But that would explain things being unfinished in the kitchen and no personal belongings gone.
I've wondered if she went to the door after either hearing a car pull up or a knock, went to answer it, thinking it was a party person arriving early (we all know people who come an hour or so before the party for God only knows why) and maybe someone had a gun and told her to go with them, or something would happen to either Abbie or a loved one?

It is possible she is out there somewhere deceased while walking, but for some reason, I just don't buy that right now.

I'd like to know how they could determine that no foul play was involved.
Did I miss anything important- did they find anything belonging to her- a shoe, hat, glove, etc? Last I heard on the news, there was no trace of her, no one had seen her, and she didn't have her phone with her. Did anything change?
I don't think you missed anything important and to my knowledge there have been no new developments since day #1. I tend to think she went in the water only because LE made an immediate and apparently thorough search of the coastline there and perhaps had an unpublicized reason for doing so.

I've wondered if she went to the door after either hearing a car pull up or a knock, went to answer it, thinking it was a party person arriving early (we all know people who come an hour or so before the party for God only knows why) and maybe someone had a gun and told her to go with them, or something would happen to either Abbie or a loved one?

It is possible she is out there somewhere deceased while walking, but for some reason, I just don't buy that right now.
I’ll say it until it’s reported otherwise. There is a man that was arrested and released (see previous posts) in the same area attempting to abduct an older female at the beach. IMO MOO his home and car need searched, he needed investigated like yesterday.

I’ll say it until it’s reported otherwise. There is a man that was arrested and released (see previous posts) in the same area attempting to abduct an older female at the beach. IMO MOO his home and car need searched, he needed investigated like yesterday.
I have to imagine that LE looked into this case, but without a report confirming that they did, it leaves me unsettled.

When this celebrity of sorts went missing in the Hamptons in a wooded area, I could not stop thinking about Abbie. True, he had dementia and wandered off in confusion, but he was found about a week later in the woods. I don’t know if the area is as wooded as Abbie’s neighborhood, but if she got into trouble in the woods, I’d imagine she’d be found a long time ago.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...r-beard.html&usg=AOvVaw1o4TRraA-SMXyIe19XeW7v

I have to imagine that LE looked into this case, but without a report confirming that they did, it leaves me unsettled.

When this celebrity of sorts went missing in the Hamptons in a wooded area, I could not stop thinking about Abbie. True, he had dementia and wandered off in confusion, but he was found about a week later in the woods. I don’t know if the area is as wooded as Abbie’s neighborhood, but if she got into trouble in the woods, I’d imagine she’d be found a long time ago.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&ved=2ahUKEwiwgqD68o3pAhU6kHIEHepeDXMQFjANegQIBhAB&url=https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/04/20/us/ap-us-obit-peter-beard.html&usg=AOvVaw1o4TRraA-SMXyIe19XeW7v
I neglected to add...Mr. Beard lived close to The Bluffs in Montauk - a cliffside community. He didn’t end up in the water. Not proof of anything, but amazing parallels IMHO.

I neglected to add...Mr. Beard lived close to The Bluffs in Montauk - a cliffside community. He didn’t end up in the water. Not proof of anything, but amazing parallels IMHO.
Wow - I followed the Peter Beard case when he disappeared but had not seen that he was found dead three weeks later. There's a guy who seems to have lived a full life. Anyways, the ground search for Abbie seemed pretty thorough but the Peter Beard case shows just how hard these searches can be.

Wow - I followed the Peter Beard case when he disappeared but had not seen that he was found dead three weeks later. There's a guy who seems to have lived a full life. Anyways, the ground search for Abbie seemed pretty thorough but the Peter Beard case shows just how hard these searches can be.
I thought he was found about a week later - my mistake.
But my point is that he was found.
And given the similarities of the terrain, ocean front location, I believe that if Abbie was down in the area, she would have been found by now.
It’s just so awful and bewildering.

I thought he was found about a week later - my mistake.
But my point is that he was found.
And given the similarities of the terrain, ocean front location, I believe that if Abbie was down in the area, she would have been found by now.
It’s just so awful and bewildering.
Yeah, but there are SO MANY cases of bodies found in woods years later- after extensive searches turned up nada. Lizzy Shelly was found a block from her home- days after searchers walked right by the spot numerous times. Even if Abby was just wandering, and did not meet with foul play, she could have fallen into a hollow, or old well depression- unable to get up/out. Some that fall into water are never recovered. We just don’t know what the heck happened. I find the silence so odd though. Even her brother, who was the fam spokesperson early on, has said nothing. What does the silence indicate? Jmo

Yeah, but there are SO MANY cases of bodies found in woods years later- after extensive searches turned up nada. Lizzy Shelly was found a block from her home- days after searchers walked right by the spot numerous times. Even if Abby was just wandering, and did not meet with foul play, she could have fallen into a hollow, or old well depression- unable to get up/out. Some that fall into water are never recovered. We just don’t know what the heck happened. I find the silence so odd though. Even her brother, who was the fam spokesperson early on, has said nothing. What does the silence indicate? Jmo
This goes back to what I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Just my opinion, but I believe that the silence means that the family and LE ‘know’ what happened to Abbie.
Otherwise, there would be desperate pleas from the family for help and from LE for tips.
Again, JMHO, but that is how I would imagine I would react if were my family member.
But people all deal with grief and crisis differently.

This goes back to what I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Just my opinion, but I believe that the silence means that the family and LE ‘know’ what happened to Abbie.
Otherwise, there would be desperate pleas from the family for help and from LE for tips.
Again, JMHO, but that is how I would imagine I would react if were my family member.
But people all deal with grief and crisis differently.

Yep, they know. They might not know 100% of the details, but they know IMO.

You think they found a clue in the house that helped them decide what happened?! I mean if they know, then they know where she is! She must be in the water...

Does anyone know if the family is speaking out still or is this all hush hush now? What about the husband? MOO
Do I have the wrong case, or did I hear right that Abbie had a dog? I might be thinking of the Sandra Crispo case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back