MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

The remains are 38-year-old Alenny Matos, not Abbie, but yes sad for the Matos family.
TY Judge, I was thinking about how it read.
I should have prefaced in the update that it was not Abbie, I was thinking since it said misssing since January that would be sufficient since we know Abbie has been missing since February. Her family and loved ones still need answers and have Abbie back home.

Do you think the family has a solid idea of what happened? I, like many others, am so perplexed by the lack of publicity, fliers, search parties, descriptions, etc. They haven't tried to keep it in the news, nor have they publicly expressed concern. I know the kids are young adults- I understand them staying out of the spotlight. I do not understand the husband not speaking out on AF's behalf. It is odd to me that the only person who spoke out was the brother, and that was relatively soon after AF went missing.

There are friends of AF in the facebook group, but there has been nothing insightful posted really. In my mind, barring any guilt, the only explanation of the lack of buzz or pleas from the family is that they think they know what happened to her.

Hi I am a new member to websleuths because of this Abbie Flynn disappearance. Such a crazy mystery and want to help her family find her any way that I can.

I know this could all just be a terrible accident, but does anyone else find it a little curious that this is the 3rd 50 something year old woman to go missing under interesting circumstances in the cape Ann area since 2015?

Susan Nilsson 56 yrs old missing. Dec. 2015 in Rocky Neck area of Gloucester, MA

Theresa Coen 52 yrs old missing March 2018 in Rockport MA

Abbie Flynn 59 yrs old missing February 2020 in Farrington Avenue Area Gloucester MA
Hi I am a new member to websleuths because of this Abbie Flynn disappearance. Such a crazy mystery and want to help her family find her any way that I can.

I know this could all just be a terrible accident, but does anyone else find it a little curious that this is the 3rd 50 something year old woman to go missing under interesting circumstances in the cape Ann area since 2015?

Susan Nilsson 56 yrs old missing. Dec. 2015 in Rocky Neck area of Gloucester, MA

Theresa Coen 52 yrs old missing March 2018 in Rockport MA

Abbie Flynn 59 yrs old missing February 2020 in Farrington Avenue Area Gloucester MA

If you throw the net wider, there are more missing women, most in their 50's, with the similar circumstances. So sad...:
Mary Catherin Moran, 52 missing from Saco, ME May 2020

Jacqueline Coutinho, 53, missing from Hinsdale MA May 2019, went bird watching and never returned, found in wooded area a few miles away

Sandra Crispo, 54, missing from Hanson MA August 2019

Alenny Matos, 39, missing from Dorchester MA Jan 2020; found in Stony Brook Resv

Susan Willand, 54, missing from Chelmsford, MA, December 2019; found in Merrimack River

Curious. Sad. All just went out for a walk, or something mundane. Just disappeared. And police say there is no foul play in all cases, that I know of.

Do you think the family has a solid idea of what happened? I, like many others, am so perplexed by the lack of publicity, fliers, search parties, descriptions, etc. They haven't tried to keep it in the news, nor have they publicly expressed concern. I know the kids are young adults- I understand them staying out of the spotlight. I do not understand the husband not speaking out on AF's behalf. It is odd to me that the only person who spoke out was the brother, and that was relatively soon after AF went missing.

There are friends of AF in the facebook group, but there has been nothing insightful posted really. In my mind, barring any guilt, the only explanation of the lack of buzz or pleas from the family is that they think they know what happened to her.
The family's silence when combined with the immediate and substantial efforts to find her the first 24 hours strikes me as an odd combination and leads me to wonder if evidence of some sort was found at the home but not reported to the media.

I check this page periodically to see if there is any news. So sad and bewildering. I also conclude like most everyone that Abbie’s family must know what happened. Certainly hope there is some kind of closure for her family and friends.

And hopefully there will be closure for the public. A relative of ours recently moved to that beautiful area. It’s kind of worrisome when it is such a mystery.

Last edited:
I check this page periodically to see if there is any news. So sad and bewildering. I also conclude like most everyone that Abbie’s family must know what happened. Certainly hope there is some kind of closure for her family and friends.

And hopefully there will be closure for the public. A relative of ours recently moved to that beautiful area. It’s kind of worrisome when it is such a mystery.
It is worrisome, especially for those who live in the area. I continue to sadly believe Abbie’s family knows what happened to her. Perhaps if folks emailed the local reporters asking for an update, the story will regain traction?

I am surprised there has not been more media attention. I recall the husband was working out of state and the children were in college. Would she have left on her own accord? Covid 19 was very much in the news shortly after she disappeared. I hope she is safe.

I, like many others, continue to check in on this case. I hate to see it grow cold. I understand some of the POV's that maybe the family/LE know what happened but can't prove it or find her body ... I would just really like to see a resolution.

I, like many others, continue to check in on this case. I hate to see it grow cold. I understand some of the POV's that maybe the family/LE know what happened but can't prove it or find her body ... I would just really like to see a resolution.
I am leaning more towards her being alive and safe. I might post again in a few moments if I can verify clue I may have come across last night.

I see some posts saying the family may know what happened? If so what do you think? Suicide? She was about to host a superbowl party with food prepared?

I see some posts saying the family may know what happened? If so what do you think? Suicide? She was about to host a superbowl party with food prepared?

I don’t think it precludes a suicide. There was an American woman who traveled with her family on a highly anticipated trip to Scotland, where she executed a planned suicide. It sadly happens and isn’t rational (IMO). God bless anyone who feels this is their solution to their inner agony.

The only thing he brings up that we have NOT discussed at length imo, is aggressive coyotes. But Abbie was not tiny child-size, so I don’t see a pack attacking her. I guess some locals had some concerns about the possibility.

I am leaning more towards her being alive and safe. I might post again in a few moments if I can verify clue I may have come across last night.
Has anyone checked Goodreads? There is someone with the same name with an account but I have not been able to locate it again. If it is her then I would be interested in what she was reading prior to her dissappearance.

Abbie had been reading about baking and midwifery.
So, she may have been considering becoming a midwife in her retirement years? Makes sense given she was a nurse. And it’s been reported that she was an avid baker.

She was making plans, one could assume.

I hope what happened to her comes to light.
And I continue to hope that she is OK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back