MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

JAN 6, 2021
Woman still missing a year later | Local News | gloucestertimes.com
[...]

The year-long search has uncovered "nothing significant" as to the 59-year old's whereabouts, Gloucester police Chief Ed Conley said.

[...]

Carrie Kimball of Essex County District Attorney's Office confirmed on Monday that the Gloucester Police Department continues to lead the investigation of the case.

As Flynn is known for being an avid wildlife photographer, Conley and his team set up searches along the seashore and the local trail systems.

[...]

Conley said the department has received a number of phone calls from various people who have claimed to be psychics and have information about Flynn.

Follow-up with these individuals has not produced any "actionable information," he noted.

[...]

Conley said Monday that the Police Department continues to maintain contact with Flynn's family, adding Detective Thomas Quinn "speaks to them on a regular basis."

When seeking to follow-up with Flynn's family on Tuesday, a reporter was told by Conley that her family indicated their wish to remain private.

It's incredibly insulting to read that it's unknown if foul play is involved in finding a human skull fragment that has washed ashore.

Perhaps it is noted this way because of the possibility that it is an accident.

But last time I checked, fragments of a human skull aren't usually self-inflicted,

It's incredibly insulting to read that it's unknown if foul play is involved in finding a human skull fragment that has washed ashore.

Perhaps it is noted this way because of the possibility that it is an accident.

But last time I checked, fragments of a human skull aren't usually self-inflicted,

A later article that provided an update on the skull fragment said that it was considerably aged. If old in provenance, it literally could be naturally-dissociated remains from an accident at sea, a years-old suicide, or Native American remains (as just three examples). Fortunately not all human remains are due to foul play.

Abbie Flynn was preparing to host a Super Bowl party at her home in Gloucester, Massachusetts on Sunday, February 22, 2020. But when guests arrived, their host was nowhere to be found. The 59-year-old was last heard from earlier that day, when she had a phone conversation with her son who was away at college. She had told him she might go for a walk in the area of Farrington Avenue before her guests were supposed to arrive for the Super Bowl party. She never returned. Authorities conducted an extensive search of the area with the assistance of the Gloucester Fire Department, U.S. Coast Guard Station Gloucester, Mass State Police, Mass Environmental Police, Gloucester Harbor Master, Rockport Harbor Master and the North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council. The search covered many paths and wooded areas where Abbie might have walked, along with a search of the coastline. Gloucester Police Chief Edward Conley said her case is still open. Abbie is described as being 5’5” tall, approximately 200 pounds and has brown hair. She was possibly wearing a navy blue L.L. Bean puffer jacket, L.L. Bean boots, blue jeans and a flannel shirt. If anyone has any information on Abbie’s whereabouts, please call the Gloucester Police Department at 978-283-1212.
upload_2021-2-10_14-48-23.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Mary Abbie Flynn – The Charley Project

February 11, 2021; casefile added

Details of Disappearance
Flynn was last seen in Gloucester, Massachusetts on February 2, 2020. She spoke to her son via FaceTime at 2:40 p.m. and said she was going to go for a walk in her neighborhood. She is an avid hiker and wildlife lover who enjoyed walking the trails around her home. Her friends arrived at her residence at 4:30 p.m. for a Super Bowl party she was supposed to host, and there was evidence that she had prepared for the party, but she wasn't there. She left her phone behind and has never been heard from again.

Authorities stated they could find no evidence of suspicious circumstances in Flynn's case; they think she may have had an accident or an incapacitating medical event while she was walking. Extensive searches of the area turned up no sign of her, however. Her case remains unsolved.

What if we're all wrong? What if someone really killed her and buried her somewhere and everyone thinks she "fell" into the water? They're getting away with murder...
There was some speculation at the time that she could have been abducted. I, for example, thought it was possible that she ordered takeout or some other delivery for the party and that the delivery guy could have assaulted her for her jewelry. It would appear that there was never any evidence to support that though. I did a walk by of her house and it was right near a common parking area and main road so it's possible, IMO, that somebody could have been in and out of there quickly. That being said, I think she fell in the water.

Well...not wanting to comment on whether or not the doors were unlocked and if that was a usual thing...I’m wondering now if there has been any mention of her keys being in the house still or gone...anyone know?
Abby’s keys were in the house, along with her phone. She is my neighbor in Houston and our girls went to school together. Abby is a happy, kind, generous lady who would happily help someone who claimed to be lost or injured. I think she met someone on her walk and offered to give directions or help in some way. That’s the kind of person Abby is. She would NEVER leave her family. It breaks my heart that it’s been a year now with no updates. I haven’t been able to bring myself to tell my girls that she is missing. There is no closure, just a huge void that is Abbys quiet yet strong personality. I pray that if something bad happened it was quick and she didn’t suffer. She is a wonderful lady and she and her family didn’t deserve this heartbreak. God bless them all

What if we're all wrong? What if someone really killed her and buried her somewhere and everyone thinks she "fell" into the water? They're getting away with murder...
Once again, I’m agreeing with this and if you read my former posts I will repeatedly say that I hope LE has looked into the perp that attempted an abduction of another middle-aged woman very close to Abbys home around the time of her disappearance. MOO

Abby’s keys were in the house, along with her phone. She is my neighbor in Houston and our girls went to school together. Abby is a happy, kind, generous lady who would happily help someone who claimed to be lost or injured. I think she met someone on her walk and offered to give directions or help in some way. That’s the kind of person Abby is. She would NEVER leave her family. It breaks my heart that it’s been a year now with no updates. I haven’t been able to bring myself to tell my girls that she is missing. There is no closure, just a huge void that is Abbys quiet yet strong personality. I pray that if something bad happened it was quick and she didn’t suffer. She is a wonderful lady and she and her family didn’t deserve this heartbreak. God bless them all

RBBM

Firstly, I'm so sorry that your dear friend has gone missing. May 2021 bring closure to this case.

Per the bolded statement above, you indicated above that you think Abby may have offered someone help while walking that day.

Are you thinking she got into a vehicle with someone and disappeared?

ETA: I just read @SAMS post about an attempted abduction around the time Abby went missing. It is possible these two events may be connected.

JMVHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back