Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we have peaked. Many sources is show this. Worldometers.com shows that we are slightly past the peak.

View attachment 245510

I would guess that the WHO has a different data collection cycle and may have undercounted one day then corrected with a high number. Or possibly reclassified previous deaths as COVID-19 related.

NYS has had almost 40% of U.S. deaths and is well past it's peak, which occurred 3.5 weeks ago.

I so hope that you are correct and the US has peaked.

The vast, over whelming majority of churches immediately complied with all government closure orders.

Yes. Also the diocese of Fort Worth went back to public Masses this weekend with the following requirements: 1. Everyone wears a mask. 2. Ushers seat everyone six feet apart from an other household. 3. Ushers direct people up to Communion to ensure six-foot separation. 4. Ushers in charge of dismissal to ensure distancing during departure. 5. Communion offered outside after Mass for those not comfortable in building. 6. Weekly requirement to attend continues to be dispensed. 7. Online streaming continues for those not comfortable attending. 8. After 150 people arrive, others must move to another space.

I am blown away by the thoughtfulness that has gone into our guidelines. We have received letters from our bishop every couple of weeks for the entire shutdown. The care and responsibility is truly Christlike.

ETA 9. Saturday night Mass only for those who are high-risk.

I believe we have peaked. Many sources is show this. Worldometers.com shows that we are slightly past the peak.

View attachment 245510

I would guess that the WHO has a different data collection cycle and may have undercounted one day then corrected with a high number. Or possibly reclassified previous deaths as COVID-19 related.

NYS has had almost 40% of U.S. deaths and is well past it's peak, which occurred 3.5 weeks ago.
That graph shape looks a little like the UK one where there are two days lower death (weekend reporting?) followed by five days higher figures. Are there other states that haven't peaked yet ?

I know we are all desperate to hear good things so I’ll share how Mom’s visit went today. I stood back and videoed doggo as she realized “grandma” was here. She’s a big dog, but she’s somehow able to jump on mom and give her full body hugs without knocking her down. As soon as Mom opened the gate, the full body hug went into effect, was mutual as mom tried to kiss doggo’s head through her mask, and lasted longer than usual.

I had set out watermelon chunks for her to give the chickens and I set up a chair in the handicapped chicken’s yard. Mom sat there with her favorite chicken in her lap and the dog by her side for a good, long while, and we stayed a good distance away with masks on as well and chatted.

I actually got the greatest picture of those three together, content. The handicapped chicken and the dog are best friends, too, so everybody was happy.

I know we are all desperate to hear good things so I’ll share how Mom’s visit went today. I stood back and videoed doggo as she realized “grandma” was here. She’s a big dog, but she’s somehow able to jump on mom and give her full body hugs without knocking her down. As soon as Mom opened the gate, the full body hug went into effect, was mutual as mom tried to kiss doggo’s head through her mask, and lasted longer than usual.

I had set out watermelon chunks for her to give the chickens and I set up a chair in the handicapped chicken’s yard. Mom sat there with her favorite chicken in her lap and the dog by her side for a good, long while, and we stayed a good distance away with masks on as well and chatted.

I actually got the greatest picture of those three together, content. The handicapped chicken and the dog are best friends, too, so everybody was happy.

This made my day. Glad everyone is so happy.

Thank you so much for sharing. This made my day. :)

I wouldn't complain either. I think Sports is an 'essential' business at this time. It would surely help a lot of people to be able to focus on something together, that is enjoyable and would relieve stress.

Every one is different, and respect your opinion that sports are essential and your recognition that it would help people be able to focus on something that is enjoyable and would relieve stress .

Respectfully, I am more focused on this virus and deaths and tragedies for others and I'm getting more relief of stress donating my time and monies to those that are less fortunate than I. (What is that pyramid that we learned of in middle/elementary school??? as to concerns... need to revisit MOO)

My greatest angst is what is to come in the third world countries that don't even have such an option as their only struggle is to have basic necessities for living.

• Posted at 17:0517:05
      Gove: PM to announce 'comprehensive plan' next week
      upload_2020-5-3_20-14-13.gif
      ReutersCopyright: Reuters
      Cabinet Minister Michael Gove said the Prime Minister will next week set out a plan on how the country may be able gradually to ease lockdown restrictions.

Gove said: "His comprehensive plan will explain how we can get our economy moving, how we can get our children back to school, how we can travel to work more safely, and how we can make life in the workplace safer. "

But Gove said before we can ease the existing restrictions, "we must ensure the government's five tests are met".

The five tests include ensuring that the number of cases are falling, death rates are declining, the NHS is prepared, and that measures are in place to stop a second peak overwhelming the NHS.

Gove added that: "We're consulting with employers and unions, professionals and public health experts, to establish how we can ensure that we have the safest possible working environments, and the prime minister will be saying more later this week."

Article share tools
    • Posted at 16:5816:58
      NHS 'incredibly flexible', says medical director
      upload_2020-5-3_20-14-13.gif
      PA MediaCopyright: PA Media
      Professor Stephen Powis, medical director for NHS EnglandImage caption: Professor Stephen Powis, medical director for NHS England
      There's a question from a member of the public - Chris from London asks how the UK is preparing for possible future waves of the virus.

Michael Gove says the UK is piloting new treatments and working internationally to search for a vaccine.

He adds that the UK's ability to produce ventilators and protective kit domestically has been increased.

Professor Stephen Powis says the NHS is "incredibly flexible," and can increase capacity at short notice - adding he is confident the NHS will be able to cope.
More at link below.

Coronavirus: UK testing falls below government target - BBC News

Last edited:

Best thing I heard in a long long time xX

I know this will sound silly but I was so excited about this visit, I could hardly go to sleep last night. Been wondering all day how it was going. I'm so happy it went well for everyone.

Yay! So happy for you, your mom, chickens and your big dog.
Do it again for Mother's Day next Sunday.

The video with Dr. Campbell is beyond grim. I don't know whether to believe it, or think that it is "worst case scenario".

Do we have a bleak future in front of us, with more unemployment, food supply issues, and increasing social unrest?

Or is every thing okay, let's go to the beach, back to work, and every thing is good?

I am so happy for @JaneEyre having a happy day. We need more happiness.

You made me all warm and fuzzy (and jealous!) with your post.

GREAT news and well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member