Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a picnic on my front porch with me, myself and I. I thought I would really miss eating out since that is basically how I got fed but I don't.

There is a bird nest on my porch and underneath the nest is a disaster. i need to motivate myself to clean up the mess.
Hey @Kensie I follow your posts since you are an introvert and loner like me. Love porch picnics. Peaceful and quiet. Sorry you gotta clean up after the birdies. M0ther nature and all....

Yes. The lockdown in OC in SoCal has been very difficult. They opened the beaches one weekend only for Gov. Newsom to say it wasn't ok to do again. I know people that went to our beaches. The six ft distancing was being done quite well. There were loud speakers reminders every hour and safety patrol driving around constantly enforcing it. I don't know what memo he got, but it's not what I was told from people that were literally there.
So, then after he shut our beaches down again the protesters come out with no social distancing or masks! What the heck were they thinking? Protest while showing you have social awareness and responsibility!
From what I understand some of our beach stores are opening anyway and nothing is being done about it.
moo
Watching from afar, I'm quite impressed with your Governor's attempt to snuff the fire down to a few embers. Unfortunately, here in GA, people are walking through the fire with no clue that they are on fire.

Yes. Also, the diocese of Fort Worth went back to public Masses this weekend with the following requirements: 1. Everyone wears a mask. 2. Ushers seat everyone six feet apart from another household. 3. Ushers direct people up to Communion to ensure six-foot separation. 4. Ushers in charge of dismissal to ensure distancing during departure. 5. Communion offered outside after Mass for those not comfortable in the building. 6. Weekly requirements to attend continues to be dispensed. 7. Online streaming continues for those not comfortable attending. 8. After 150 people arrive, others must move to another space.

This reminds me of the Roman Catholic Church's dispensations during the black plague.
  • A bishop in England gave permission to laymen to make confession to each other as was done by the Apostles, “or if no man is present then even to a woman,” and if no priest could be found to administer extreme unction, “then faith must suffice.”
  • Clement VI found it necessary to grant remissions of sin to all who died of the plague because so many were unattended by priests.
Tuchman, Barbara. A Distant Mirror. Random House Publishing Group.

I know we are all desperate to hear good things so I’ll share how Mom’s visit went today. I stood back and videoed doggo as she realized “grandma” was here. She’s a big dog, but she’s somehow able to jump on mom and give her full body hugs without knocking her down. As soon as Mom opened the gate, the full body hug went into effect, was mutual as mom tried to kiss doggo’s head through her mask, and lasted longer than usual.

I had set out watermelon chunks for her to give the chickens and I set up a chair in the handicapped chicken’s yard. Mom sat there with her favorite chicken in her lap and the dog by her side for a good, long while, and we stayed a good distance away with masks on as well and chatted.

I actually got the greatest picture of those three together, content. The handicapped chicken and the dog are best friends, too, so everybody was happy.

YAY.
very happy for you and her and the animals!

I know we are all desperate to hear good things so I’ll share how Mom’s visit went today. I stood back and videoed doggo as she realized “grandma” was here. She’s a big dog, but she’s somehow able to jump on mom and give her full body hugs without knocking her down. As soon as Mom opened the gate, the full body hug went into effect, was mutual as mom tried to kiss doggo’s head through her mask, and lasted longer than usual.

I had set out watermelon chunks for her to give the chickens and I set up a chair in the handicapped chicken’s yard. Mom sat there with her favorite chicken in her lap and the dog by her side for a good, long while, and we stayed a good distance away with masks on as well and chatted.

I actually got the greatest picture of those three together, content. The handicapped chicken and the dog are best friends, too, so everybody was happy.

Awwwwwww....this is special. I could picture it thanks to your description. Thank you!

Crabbing to us -
Tie a chicken leg on a long length of string.
Throw it out into the water.
Tie the other end to a stick and put in in the ground. Have some slack in the line.
When the line pulls tight/taut - gently pull the line/chicken leg towards you.
Have a net ready and once you can see the crab, scoop the crab into the net.
That’s how we do it in Louisiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member