Found Deceased CA - Mary Louise Day, 12, Seaside, 1980

I watched the 48 hours episode on Mary Day last night, WHOA. Of course, I then searched to see if it had a thread here, and voila, it was.

Welcome to any new members, and potential Verified Insiders that want to give us more of the story as I indeed was left at the end with soooooooooooooooo many questions. OMG This indeed was so different from what we see on these threads and my heart goes out to all those involved here.

Again, I have so many questions.

Last edited:
@silverlionsun I'm glad you finally have some answers about Mary. Truly heartbreaking! What a difficult life she had. Are you the sister that was able to meet her before she passed? If so, I hope and pray it brought both of you some level of comfort and peace.
I just want to make sure you see @PayrollNerd 's post above. Please take a moment to become a verified insider. That way we can talk more freely about the details as you know them.

Such a tragedy that MSM is still going with she may be a fake, but DNA and photo comparisons said she was real. Tragedy upon tragedy until and continuing even after her death in 2017 that she was not believed? I do want to know more of the story, vs. clickbait headlines.

Mary Day Death: Was Phoenix Mary the Real Mary Day? How Did She Die?

Could a suspected murder victim — back from the dead — really be an imposter?

Cal**ro told CBS she also now believes the woman is her missing sister after she traveled with '48 Hours' to visit her shortly before her death.

Detectives believe woman who claimed to be 'the real Mary Day' may have been an impostor | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Watched our recorded 48 Hours Mary Day episode this morning. What a bizarre story! She truly was a survivor to live into adulthood.

SMH at the parents.

Read a little bit on a couple of other stories about the case. What the heck did the cadaver dogs hit on at the two locations the family lived at?

What caused Mary to leave Morie Kimmel's loving family after a year without a word?

None of the investigators mentioned if the DNA on the sneaker matched Mary. Did I miss that part?

It sounds like Mary had a few guardian angels along the way. The accent could be from damage to the vocal cords, maybe she had an underlying condition no one knew about. After so much pain from the beating it’s possible her memory was damaged. It’s not surprising Mary either couldn’t remember, or blocked out, horrid memories. Alcoholism can give you “wet brain” which causes memory loss.

Watched our recorded 48 Hours Mary Day episode this morning. What a bizarre story! She truly was a survivor to live into adulthood.

SMH at the parents.

Read a little bit on a couple of other stories about the case. What the heck did the cadaver dogs hit on at the two locations the family lived at?

What caused Mary to leave Morie Kimmel's loving family after a year without a word?
I suspect she felt like she was getting too close emotionally and it scared her. Rather than work thru it, especially back then, she left. Poor kid.

None of the investigators mentioned if the DNA on the sneaker matched Mary. Did I miss that part?

It sounds like Mary had a few guardian angels along the way. The accent could be from damage to the vocal cords, maybe she had an underlying condition no one knew about. After so much pain from the beating it’s possible her memory was damaged. It’s not surprising Mary either couldn’t remember, or blocked out, horrid memories. Alcoholism can give you “wet brain” which causes memory loss.
I have formed quite a few theories about the case in the day I’ve read all these articles. I just don’t understand how Mary would forget about the inheritance since she and her sister talked about it prior to her disappearance and they even had “Mohawk” as a code word when they spoke of it.

Sorry, I have one thing wrong, dad wasn't in the photo, he was taking it (Olympus OM-1 50mm lens, and he's 5'4"), and I still don't have that photo.
The person who is the DNA match is someone claiming to be Mary, who is currently 5'0" and looks nothing like the age enhanced photo. Now from what I have been told, is the long range of a guess as to when she went missing is because of who and when she was declared missing. Mom has children by (at least) 4 different men, and I think CA is aware of this, there is also some debate as to if and who was trying to get her legally declared dead (her dad left her money)
Maybe the woman found was another child of Mary’s mother she gave birth too before Mary went missing

I have formed quite a few theories about the case in the day I’ve read all these articles. I just don’t understand how Mary would forget about the inheritance since she and her sister talked about it prior to her disappearance and they even had “Mohawk” as a code word when they spoke of it.
Her step dad smashed her head into a tub - tubs back then were cast iron, not acrylic like now. Imagine having the strength and force of an adult propel a teens skull into a cast iron object. It wouldn’t surprise me if she suffered short term memory loss, mild brain damage or even brain bleeding. Whatever was used to clean up the mess was likely buried in the yard which would trigger the dogs.

The woman found has both the mother and father's DNA. She's Mary.

That poor woman seems like she had such a rough life, and no funeral to top it off. :(

That was a rough watch for me.
Her step dad smashed her head into a tub - tubs back then were cast iron, not acrylic like now. Imagine having the strength and force of an adult propel a teens skull into a cast iron object. It wouldn’t surprise me if she suffered short term memory loss, mild brain damage or even brain bleeding. Whatever was used to clean up the mess was likely buried in the yard which would trigger the dogs.
Yeah, I guess DNA pretty much ties the mystery together. The fact that a child’s shoe was found gave me the feeling that Mary was buried back there at one point and then moved with the shoe being left behind

It might have been due to head injuries or brain damage from chronic alcohol use that she forgot about the money. Or maybe even that much money wasn't worth reconnecting with her "mother."

That photo of her in her last days is so sad. She looks so frail and you can see the same facial structure as in the photos of her missing profiles. Fascinating but heartbreaking case. I've remembered her for years, just that photo made her look so sweet and vulnerable. Turns out she was quite tough!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back