Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get that stuff at a quarry. Cheap. I coincidentally was in the market for some 3 weeks or so ago. Screened loam was, like, $20 a ton. It's not my line of work (by any stretch), so I was awestruck that I could order a ton of anything that would cost $20.

Around here, a truck to move tonnage costs $100 per hour. There are a lot of fellas that own such trucks (they're all out there busy busy and in high evidence now that construction companies are back open) and make a living, but I can't think this is the kind of living that goes along with an owner of a $1.5 million house.

Someone can correct me if "screened loam" is not what goes under cement pads for houses. Topsoil would certainly be a lot more, but the cost of material is what it is; the labor is where the profit and compensation are. But still, if we're talking trucking, there doesn't seem to be a lotta $$$ for "truck and labor" business.

We Deliver And Remove Low Cost Fill Dirt. Choose From Fill Or Building Materials Including Gravel, Fill Dirt, Topsoil, Concrete Building Blocks, And Mix Material, Rebar, Precast Concrete, Asphalt, Sand, Clay, River Rock, Limestone, Crushed Recycled Concrete, Riprap, And Manure Throughout Salida, CO, Colorado.
Fill Dirt And Other Site Materials In Salida, CO - Call (888) 237-2746 for a FREE Quote

Well, at least we know why the family facebook page went silent. I do find it strange given what we've seen the past two days, that people are still donating to the gimme fund?
bbm
They are ?

A fool and his money are easily parted.... :rolleyes:
If someone is charged the fund can and most likely will be used for the defense.

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger
FBI evidence response team truck just left the scene where investigators were searching for Suzanne Morphew. I spoke with the Chafee County coroner who said he had NOT been called to the scene today. At this point, investigators say they have not yet found Suzanne Morphew #9News pic.twitter.com/rPrw7RIVlU
This guy is KUSA Denver...reads verified next to his Twitter(but I don't think that's WB'S)....What should we look for? Reporting myself. Thanks!

Last edited:
Interesting. I had assumed that trailer and the scooper-digger thingie at the Morphew residence was because there was ongoing hardscape work at the site.

But, that spot with the stairs, etc. is in a photo on Zillow, therefore pre-Morphew.... Maybe not current hardscaping work at all.

See what you think... https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/?mmlb=g,30

Maybe it's in a little bit different location? On the current flyover photo, though, it looks like there's new dirt on the ground. Recently turned over? Is it also different from the dirt on the trailer which may or may not have been at the building site currently being searched?

Last edited:
Has it been mentioned in the video that at 1:49 you can see a person in the truck moving. Looks like he holds his arm up with a possible dirty gesture to the helicopter?

I am not caught up on the thread....:eek:

The "movement" happens several times. Looks like a reflection of light on the windshield created by the helicopter to me.

So they did not find her? I wish the sheriff would focus on a suspect other than the husband. I'm back to thinking he's innocent. They need to look for someone else, the sooner the better. JMO
bbm
I disagree.

Re. the bolded portions... the sheriff is focusing on where the evidence has led him.

Sheriff Pezze can't focus on someone who is not a suspect; as that is against the law and would harm the investigation.
Basic law practices (and intelligence !) would tell him to follow where the clues lead.
And it appears he's doing exactly that.

I have to give him kudos --he is tenacious and I believe he is aggressively seeking justice for Suzanne !

Last edited:
Well, at least we know why the family facebook page went silent. I do find it strange given what we've seen the past two days, that people are still donating to the gimme fund?
I actually donated a small amount yesterday because I want to see if they plan on returning it to people when this is said and done.

For this they could have used magnets? Sifting wouldn't be necessary? I'm thinking bone fragments, or even ash.

Vis a vis an earlier post I made. BM would have access to lime as a landscaper; he may also be one of those animal hunters that uses lime to dispose of large animal carcasses. Although lime is effective in breaking down organic compounds, it is likely there would still be bone fragments of large bones in particular.

Have you ever seen that in any other case, just curious as I would think that would cause a major uproar with contributors?
Thanks for asking. ^^^
No I haven't; and I think you're correct that there'd be an uproar.
As there should be.

But then I have largely refrained from sussing out where the contributor's funds go to in a criminal case if the beneficiary is found guilty.

When the beneficiary was changed to BM's mother-- it looked interesting to put it mildly, as if Barry is charged and convicted-- he won't be able to access those funds from prison.
But his mother or another relative would be able to.
Food for thought.

Thanks for asking. ^^^
No I haven't; and I think you're correct that there'd be an uproar.
When the beneficiary was changed to BM's mother-- it looked interesting to put it mildly, as if Barry is charged and convicted-- he won't be able to access those funds from prison.
But his mother or another relative would be able to.
Food for thought.
Thank you. We best drop it now, but I found that interesting (confusing) as well.

I’m not saying BM is the prime suspect-but something led LE to this site. Other people involved in construction/landscaping are connected to the Morphews and may have been involved in work there. Keeping an open mind. Who knows exactly what was found at Suzanne’s home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500