Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an agent, but experienced with Indiana teacher benefits. If she retired as a public Indiana school teacher, she most likely would have had the ability to continue her benefits (inc some life insurance policies until Medicare eligibility - typically 65). Most likely the insurance would have been whole life. Additionally, there’s a vendor who comes into the Indiana schools (specializes in Indiana public school employees) who sells voluntary benefits (similar to Aflac), and those can be continued after retirement as well. Those life policies could be term.

I read a news article that stated SM only worked as a teacher for 4 years, from 1995 to 1999 which might suggest she decided to be a stay at home mom when she was pregnant with her first child. So it's possible she would not have a pension.

I've not read any article that suggests she worked outside the home.

It was The Times dated May 16 saying she worked at Hamilton Heights Middle School.

Here's the link: Former Heights Teacher Missing in Colorado

Last edited:
I read a news article that stated SM only worked as a teacher for 4 years, from 1995 to 1999 which might suggest she decided to be a stay at home mom when she was pregnant with her first child. So it's possible she would not have a pension.

I've not read any article that suggests she worked outside the home.

I'm on my phone right now and can't link the article but it was The Times dated May 16 saying she worked at Hamilton Heights Middle School.

Here's the link: Former Heights Teacher Missing in Colorado

Well that’s interesting. Weird media is referring to her as a teacher if she hasn’t done that for 20 years!

Well that’s interesting. Weird media is referring to her as a teacher if she hasn’t done that for 20 years!
It is possible she worked as a sub. Quite a few people have commented on local Indianapolis news here that they had her as a teacher. And they seem too young to have been in middle school in the 90s.

You can link it because it's a MSM reporter and great to have a name from Indiana! Noticed the past-tense reference to SM. Do they know more? BM's video embed in the tweet at the link below

Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng
Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew lived in Indiana until 2018. She taught 6th grade at Hamilton Heights Middle School in Arcadia. Her family ran Gene's Root Beer & Hot Dogs in Anderson. She was a beloved member of the Alexandria community. TIPS: (719) 312-7530

@WISH_TV
8:45 PM - 27 May 2020

I think it makes sense to use past tense here. She no longer lives in Alexandria, so I would find it strange to say “she is a beloved member of the Alexandria community”

I'm thinking pretty much every detail out there is BM propaganda. He simply seeded "facts" everywhere—including with the nephew and the fire chief, maybe his daughters and the nephew, the folks in Indiana—and everything we "know" is their version of what he said.
There was no bike ride. A bike wasn't in this at all. No matter TN said one was found. Who told him that? Prolly BM.
Did the Sheriff even say there was an actual bike? I don't believe anyone else is a reliable source. He could've just sneaked his language around to say "we found a personal item in the search today that wasn't her bike."
I also think there was an LE dossier for some aspect of the Morphew household BEFORE SM went missing, perhaps an existing investigation for *advertiser censored*. Fill in the blank. LE seems to have gone full bore, no hesitation, right out of the gate. They didn't even get as far as publishing a current photo so we knew who to look for, and they brought out the "big guns" (FBI etc.) almost immediately. They already knew which cards in the deck to play, and there were very few of them. I'll bet they were "high value", too....they know they have winners, but there's other players at the table; wait them out and you'll get the all the chips, not just a few. It's just a matter of lala "you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em....." IMO

Last edited:
I'm thinking pretty much every detail out there is BM propaganda. He simply seeded "facts" everywhere—including with the nephew and the fire chief, maybe his daughters and the nephew, the folks in Indiana—and everything we "know" is their version of what he said.
There was no bike ride. A bike wasn't in this at all. No matter TN said one was found. Who told him that? Prolly BM.
Did the Sheriff even say there was an actual bike? I don't believe anyone else is a reliable source. He could've just sneaked his language around to say "we found a personal item in the search today that wasn't her bike."
I also think there was an LE dossier for some aspect of the Morphew household BEFORE SM went missing, perhaps an existing investigation for *advertiser censored*. Fill in the blank. LE seems to have gone full bore, no hesitation, right out of the gate. They didn't even get as far as publishing a current photo so we knew who to look for, and they brought out the "big guns" (FBI etc.) almost immediately. They already knew which cards in the deck to play, and there were very few of them. I'll bet they were "high value", too....they know they have winners, but there's other players at the table; wait them out and you'll get the all the chips, not just a few. It's just a matter of lala "you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em....." IMO

I'm really curious why you're suggesting the Morphew family might have been known to LE before this incident?
Normally, local LE only know a family or a residence if there is repeated criminal (or suspicious) activity connected to either.

All's quiet on the Western Front, I guess. Hopeful for some news on this case.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about the circumstances around this case.

It certainly seems that SM was vulnerable on this particular weekend. All family members reportedly out of town (though we don't really know if this was a rare or common occurrence, do we?). SM maybe (not to beat a dead horse) on a bike ride alone. House is in a somewhat remote area (though apparently fairly popular to hikers/bikers). Cell coverage is spotty.

All that leads to the big question of whether this was premeditated (and the perp was orchestrating the vulnerability) or if it was a crime of opportunity (someone took advantage of the vulnerability) or if it's not related to motive (ie, crime of passion) but these were factors that enabled a cover-up of a crime of passion.

This is why I do think the bike is the key - because if the bike was not staged, I think that fact alone clearly rules out crime of passion and cover up. I also think if the bike was not staged, a premeditated theory gets far more complicated (planning an ambush on a bike ride?) and far more unlikely. So if the bike was not staged, I think a crime of opportunity is clearly at the top of the list and your list of possible suspects is limitless. If, however, there is evidence to support a staging of the bicycle, then premeditation or crime of passion are much more likely, IMO, than a crime of opportunity, and your list of possible suspects is pretty small.

Taking LEs actions from about day 3 forward, it seems rather clear to me that they believe the bike was staged and their list of possible suspects is short (though I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's only BM on that possible suspect list). JMO, MOO.

I'm really curious why you're suggesting the Morphew family might have been known to LE before this incident?
Normally, local LE only know a family or a residence if there is repeated criminal (or suspicious) activity connected to either.
Exactly.
I'm trying to explain why LE might have been so focused from the get go that it didn't even release a current photo of SM. We actually have no idea what she looks like. Could be very different from the photos that keep getting published, because those aren't current. People can change physically ALOT in a few months.
And yes, I'm proposing what you say: there was a dossier of investigatory material BEFORE SM went missing. The investigatory material may or may not have been an exactly related topic, but LE knew a bunch of stuff in advance. IMO.

If BM is not designated a POI, is he free to travel wherever he wants? For instance, to go back to Indiana to visit family without telling LE? If he did , could/would that later be viewed suspiciously and used by LE?

Even if he IS designated a POI, he is free to travel wherever he likes. As long as he’s not under arrest.

It must be beautiful at the house and in the Foose Creek area right now. A wonderful time to have been resting and recouperating at home from your chemotherapy.

I'm just so very sad that something awful happened to Suzanne after all she had been through.

I think the CCSO and CBI have a wealth of information they are very thoroughly and meticulously working through. As with Kelsey Berreth, I imagine they will go to great extreme to find remains. God bless them.

It must be beautiful at the house and in the Foose Creek area right now. A wonderful time to have been resting and recouperating at home from your chemotherapy.

I'm just so very sad that something awful happened to Suzanne after all she had been through.

I think the CCSO and CBI have a wealth of information they are very thoroughly and meticulously working through. As with Kelsey Berreth, I imagine they will go to great extreme to find remains. God bless them.

Great post and I agree.

Exactly.
I'm trying to explain why LE might have been so focused from the get go that it didn't even release a current photo of SM. We actually have no idea what she looks like. Could be very different from the photos that keep getting published, because those aren't current. People can change physically ALOT in a few months.
And yes, I'm proposing what you say: there was a dossier of investigatory material BEFORE SM went missing. The investigatory material may or may not have been an exactly related topic, but LE knew a bunch of stuff in advance. IMO.

Can you share what it is that leads you to suspect this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member