Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!!
With today's speculation about complicity, it occurred to me that the lack of news conferences, press briefings, etc. could be because LE has reason to believe no homicide has been committed. What if SM's health took a turn and she was given a dreadful prognosis. What if, as a family, they decided, for money or whatever, to help SM go out on her own terms? The girls being gone, BM's sketchy "alibi" - it all fits.

All that searching doesn't fit, nor the kidnap-mountain lion-bike crash menu of stories.

This may have already been answered, I'm still catching up. But in case it hasn't:

Colorado Probate Code §15-14-401:

(1) Upon petition and after notice and hearing, the court may appoint a limited or unlimited conservator or make any other protective order provided in this part 4 in relation to the estate and affairs of:

[...]

(b) Any individual, including a minor, if the court determines that, for reasons other than age:

(I) By clear and convincing evidence, the individual is unable to manage property and business affairs because the individual is unable to effectively receive or evaluate information or both or to make or communicate decisions, even with the use of appropriate and reasonably available technological assistance, or because the individual is missing, detained, or unable to return to the United States;  and
(II) By a preponderance of evidence, the individual has property that will be wasted or dissipated unless management is provided or money is needed for the support, care, education, health, and welfare of the individual or of individuals who are entitled to the individual's support and that protection is necessary or desirable to obtain or provide money.
Colorado Probate court has the right idea to treat missing persons with Conservatorship and not Guardianship.

Perhaps this is why the petitioner sought out a more liberal lawed state to submit his petition. MOO

Holy Crud.
Holy Crud.

SFA:
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Approving Sale of Real Estate entered. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020

Poor SM hasn't even been missing a month, and he's already gotten the court to sign off on the sale of "their" property.

He's been a busy little beaver.

Priorities.

JMO.

This makes me so very sad. To me, there's no doubt now that SM is no longer alive somewhere. She's dead. Hopefully, her body will be discovered soon. MOO

The CO article read that a closing date of June 6th had been established and the sale of the property (no address given) would continue as planned.
Yes, so that would mean the property was probably put on the market sometime before SM went missing. Someone purchased it (committed to buy), probably prior to SM went missing. Escrow opened. Escrow takes between 15 days to 45 days usually.

I'm working backwards based on the closing date of June 6th.

Yeah I can see how this is a problem. I’m just surprised they would link to something that’s really not any more credible than SM or Wikipedia, since it seems like Ancestry is more fact based.

Unfortunately, a lot of what is posted is creator content posted by amateur genealogy buffs, and from links to sites like *advertiser censored*, though the company has attempted to make it easier to report erroneous information, and use more reputable sources. I only worked for them a short while in college, but living in Utah with a huge population of genealogy “experts”, the subject comes up quite often. They do some great work, don’t get me wrong. However, things like this are a huge issue they have been struggling with for years.

Edited to add: Dave is exactly right. They created their own problems with *advertiser censored*. Lol.

W T Ph!~

That's the craziest thing ever. How did that even happen? Ancestry is really rigid about using information about living persons, and if they have that on file (WHO filed it?) that means Suzanne's genealogical data is now public. The right to keep it private dies with the person, is the way I understand it.

Ancestry wants and specializes in death certificates as the source of this information.

Hoax? Who would do that?
The original looks like it came from find a grave, which anyone can contribute information. Someone has just put it on their tree, in which case it will show up on ancestry.

This case is all about money.

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Sadly, someone didn't recognize that SM was the real, and priceless, treasure.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m just as flabbergasted as ya’ll about this guardianship. I was reading all your posts while getting my hair done...3 months of “Covid gray” finally gone. Woo hoo! But I have been thinking about this guardianship and how quickly it was approved. So the property in Indiana has been for sale right? I thought it had already been sold but then I read that a family member or friend of family (can’t remember exactly but someone they know) was renting the house and was eventually going to purchase it. A rent to own type deal. I think the person is a dentist if I remember correctly. Wasn’t that discussed on WS? If it was a different source I apologize but anyway maybe they were in the process of selling the IN house when Suzanne “disappeared” and maybe the person buying it had to close within a certain timeframe in order to keep the mortgage they were approved for or for some reason the sale was going to fall through unless BM got the guardianship so he could sign for Suzanne. In other words, it was a sale that Suzanne approved of and she wouldn’t want this person to lose the house. Pure speculation and trust me I’m not saying this to defend Barry! He doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed but who would be dumb enough to get a guardianship and sell a property half belonging to your missing wife especially if you were the main suspect? Why give LE a motive? I can’t understand why he has not been named a POI yet by LE especially after this occurred so there must be a reasonable explanation why that guardianship was done so fast and the daughter approved of it. Right? Please don’t let BM be THAT dumb and heartless!!

The original looks like it came from find a grave, which anyone can contribute information. Someone has just put it on their tree, in which case it will show up on ancestry.

Any member can contribute to Ancestry.com; and yes........Ancestry does use *advertiser censored* as a primary source. I believe their policy is that the user must use his/her own reliable sources, such as censuses or actual state records, to cross-check information. IMO

The contributing member bio states that two members of her family have been murdered, and she is dedicated to remembering murder victims. Perhaps, like many other people in user generated forums, she has jumped the gun this time. IMO
If you click on the content that she has added, the list shows lots of missing persons and they are listed as cremated or buried. Some of them, their bodies have never been found.

Business and property transactions are complex. It's difficult to look at the big picture in this situation when we are thinking of the victim and don't recognize the circumstances 3rd parties may be dealing with.

For example, the purchase and sale offer and specific terms may expire where both seller and buyer would be released. If I'd been trying to sell a property for two years, I'd probably want to do everything I could to make the sale go through.
Another example, the good faith estimate between lender and buyer may also expire where the favorable interest rate may be lost. It's binding terms like this that cannot be easily extended. MOO
I’ve been thinking about this and I can understand that it’s tricky. But I keep thinking if my husband disappeared and a few weeks later we were supposed to close on a property sale, would I seek a guardianship to gain control & let the sale go through? If the buyers could be messed up and/or we could be messed up if I didn’t do that? Maybe? I just don’t think I would. Not yet. It just feels....wrong. IDK. Hopefully I’m never in that position.

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

I thought this was a joke. But, apparently, someone has submitted this to Find a Grave. I wonder who this person is and why they think she died on May 7, 2020, and was cremated? This is crazy! MOO

This case is all about money.

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Sadly, someone didn't recognize that SM was the real treasure.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

^^ You’ve said this was your opinion from the beginning, sadly I think you are correct. Also JMO

If you click on the content that she has added, the list shows lots of missing persons and they are listed as cremated or buried. Some of them, their bodies have never been found.

In her user bio, she says that she will forfeit her ownership of any of her memorials upon request. I'm not interested in correcting that memorial myself, because I have no idea what correct information would be yet; but the opportunity is wide open for anyone who is sure they know the facts to take it over and state it correctly. The joining process for *advertiser censored* is pretty painless. IMO

I’ve been thinking about this and I can understand that it’s tricky. But I keep thinking if my husband disappeared and a few weeks later we were supposed to close on a property sale, would I seek a guardianship to gain control & let the sale go through? If the buyers could be messed up and/or we could be messed up if I didn’t do that? Maybe? I just don’t think I would. Not yet. It just feels....wrong. IDK. Hopefully I’m never in that position.

@happyday - I doubt you would ever be in this position because you and your hubby would probably have a POA to cover something like this as do 99%. This is the purpose of such an instrument and not a special intervention from a probate court. This petition for Guardianship to sell joint property of husband and wife is highly unusual and no provisions to attempt this in many states. MOO

ETA: If you sign a purchase and sale agreement with escrow closing in xx days there's no reason for you not to sign a POA at the same time in the event either spouse can't be present to execute. This can be because you're snowed in at an airport, home with the flu, in the hospital giving birth. The POA can be specific to this transaction and powers void after closing. These circumstances don't usually require Guardianship!

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths requires that members supply links to info stated as fact and to all images, otherwise the post will be removed.

Do NOT sleuth the attorney who is not the subject of this thread. If/when the attorney is mentioned in MSM or speaks in MSM, you may link it and discuss what is contained in MSM.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member