Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the South Arkansas River. No guessing required. It's the river that's right where 225 intersects with US 50 in Maysville near BM/SM house, where TD saw BM, and where the bike was found. [ETA ... I don't know the exact spot the bike was found but where they were in the video and where all this has happened is at that general area]
I have posted earlier in this thread that the S. Arkansas River only flows free from the CR 225 bridge downstream for 31/100 of a mile, then enters a corrugated steel culvert that is under the access road to the RV park, in lieu of a bridge. I believe that all of that area was searched by LE. The pink plastic ribbon around the aspen sapling that the weird guy from Arizona found is a grid line marker. It can't possibly be the bicycle location because there are pink ribbons tied all over the search area, seen in other videos. It is my opinion that it marks one of the general paths of the K9 search, just as the Yellow "Police Line - Do Not Cross" tapes seem to mark the perimeters of the K9 search. So, I was asking what river because I thought maybe you were suggesting a place that LE has not searched. It's all JMO

So what did BM told the girls about the bike ride, I wonder, for the girls to become worried enough to alert the neighbor. I mean Mom can't text back if she is riding her bike or taking a shower?

On our birthdays, Mothers day, Fathers day, or other holidays, our son usually texts 'Happy ______' first thing in the morning. We've already discussed his coming over, so I sometimes text back 'love you, see you soon' or sometimes don't text back. Of the times I don't text back, our son never called our neighbors to check on us. He just comes over later to enjoy the day.

The call to police came in after 5pm, and the girls were still out of town (traveling home). Presumably, and I think according to BM’s YT interview, they were running late and had been calling for a while. Likely they were expected home by that time, and mom still isn’t responding...

MOO

gitana1, they are not looking for a vehicle w/ a 265/85/R-17 Goodyear wrangler tire, or an individual wearing size 9 Adidas Gazelle running shoe....sold only in 5 shops in the state, or anything of the sort. The evidence at the scene was either destroyed, or is being kept secret. It's a gravel road, the tracks where there at one time.

RBBM

Where did this tidbit of information come from? Any particular reason that you are alluding to it??

JMVHO

gitana1, they are not looking for a vehicle w/ a 265/85/R-17 Goodyear wrangler tire, or an individual wearing size 9 Adidas Gazelle running shoe....sold only in 5 shops in the state, or anything of the sort. The evidence at the scene was either destroyed, or is being kept secret. It's a gravel road, the tracks where there at one time.

How do you know what they’re looking for? How do you know any prints would be from rare shoes?

Gravel doesn’t create discernible tracks.

Clearly they have evidence that they don’t want us to know just yet.

JMO
Just wanted to add a point about gravel roads which I think contradicts at least one point that was being made in the interview with TD.

I often have to drive over gravel roads and depending on the type of gravel they really do not leave good tire track impressions most of the time. I may have to look back at the TD interview to see if we can see the type of gravel it was. Most of the ones I drive on would not leave good tire impressions unless you happen to drive off near the shoulder or hit an area where there was enough dust that could leave an impression.

During the interview I think it was implied that tire tracks could have been found on the road itself but gravel roads IMO sometimes do a good job of hiding the type of car tire that would have run over it. Unless you hit a certain spot that would pick up an impression.

Gravel is obviously better than pavement to try to find tire tracks but I think a dirt road would be much easier to try to find tire tracks than gravel. The gravel roads I am used to would be very difficult to find any good tire tracks on unless you were near the shoulder or hit a patch that had more dust than gravel.
JMO of course.

I hear you Hatfield....good points. If you run grader and maintain gravel roads, you know they are in good shape after spring, the shoulders are pulled, leaving reasonably good chances of capturing tracks/signs in the softer material. It's not a pure dirt road after a rain, or fresh snow.....but there would be signs, however small. The bike had to cross the shoulder, and go down through all that tall fresh grass. This could not be done without leaving sign. I would also add, if Barry was involved, he would never as a hunter risk leaving ANY sign on/in such an area. He would have specifically went to a site where the chance of leaving sign was virtually zero!

JMO
Just wanted to add a point about gravel roads which I think contradicts at least one point that was being made in the interview with TD.

I often have to drive over gravel roads and depending on the type of gravel they really do not leave good tire track impressions most of the time. I may have to look back at the TD interview to see if we can see the type of gravel it was. Most of the ones I drive on would not leave good tire impressions unless you happen to drive off near the shoulder or hit an area where there was enough dust that could leave an impression.

During the interview I think it was implied that tire tracks could have been found on the road itself but gravel roads IMO sometimes do a good job of hiding the type of car tire that would have run over it. Unless you hit a certain spot that would pick up an impression.

Gravel is obviously better than pavement to try to find tire tracks but I think a dirt road would be much easier to try to find tire tracks than gravel. The gravel roads I am used to would be very difficult to find any good tire tracks on unless you were near the shoulder or hit a patch that had more dust than gravel.
JMO of course.

I would think asphalt would be better than gravel if there was any mud around. Unless the gravel is super thin.

I hear you Hatfield....good points. If you run grader and maintain gravel roads, you know they are in good shape after spring, the shoulders are pulled, leaving reasonably good chances of capturing tracks/signs in the softer material. It's not a pure dirt road after a rain, or fresh snow.....but there would be signs, however small. The bike had to cross the shoulder, and go down through all that tall fresh grass. This could not be done without leaving sign. I would also add, if Barry was involved, he would never as a hunter risk leaving ANY sign on/in such an area. He would have specifically went to a site where the chance of leaving sign was virtually zero!
Law enforcement clearly believes the bike was staged, which is why this case was never handled as an abduction. Something compelling would have told them this.

In order to stage the bike, the killer had to leave it in a place where Suzanne would typically ride. If there were any tire marks left, then BM’s vehicle leaving matching ones would be both expected, and non incriminating. He lived there after all.

The whole purpose of staging a scene, is to direct attention away from where it would typically go. For whatever reason, that appears to have backfired.

In spectacular fashion

Again, you're assuming he was a hunter. I am actually doubtful.

Law enforcement clearly believes the bike was staged, which is why this case was never handled as an abduction. Something compelling would have told them this.

In order to stage the bike, the killer had to leave it in a place where Suzanne would typically ride. If there were any tire marks left, then BM’s vehicle leaving matching ones would be both expected, and non incriminating. He lived there after all.

The whole purpose of staging a scene, is to direct attention away from where it would typically go. For whatever reason, that appears to have backfired.

In spectacular fashion

Okay, I follow that Mass Guy, so you are saying Barry was trying to make it appear as if she was abducted.....thereby putting them off his trail? That was his method of directing attention away?

Okay, I follow that Mass Guy, so you are saying Barry was trying to make it appear as if she was abducted.....thereby putting them off his trail? That was his method of directing attention away?

Someone appears to have done that, and the way law enforcement is looking at Barry, tells me they think it was him.

I say this because there have been a lot of Colorado murder cases recently, and most involved the CBI and FBI (so we know what to expect).

They are behaving as if this is a homicide, and they know who did it. The only way for that to be the case, is if they ruled out abduction. Plenty of women and children have been abducted while jogging, or riding their bikes. That’s not a crazy scenario, or one that would typically be ruled out right away. That seems to have happened though.

If abduction is ruled out, then that bike just has to be planted.

JMO

JMO of course.

From the TD interview, I don't believe we're talking discernable tracks from the gravel road BM and TD were walking on but possibly from the road shoulder.

I think BM believed that potential tracks here were ruined because LE parked along the road shoulders when they gathered to search for SM.

I'm not saying this is what occurred but what I think BM believes happened. Just like 10 people allegedly touched the crashed bike and ruined more evidence.

MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It always comes back to that dang bike, doesn’t it? We don’t know who found the bike. We don’t know the condition it was in. We don’t know that SM rode it to where it was found. BM’s derisive comments about how LE bungled the scene as stated in the TD tape to me are very interesting. Throwing that out there the way he did could mask his fear that, by finding no evidence at the scene, LE could rule out contributors such as mountain lion attack, accident, or abduction. This would make LE look a little closer at BM. He, himself, is attempting to put all those possibilities back into play during his conversation with TD despite evidence to the contrary.
By his admission on TD’s tape, he returned home at 9:00 p.m. on May 10th. Sunset was about 8:05 that night and twilight ended at about 8:34 so it was very dark when BM arrived home. The nephew TN let the cat out of the bag when he revealed the bike was found Sunday night. Was it found before BM got home? How much could he see on this dark, unpaved road? Who told him that x amount of people trampled the scene and destroyed possible evidence? The early presumption was that she disappeared on a bike ride because that was what LE was told by the neighbor who made the report. If they were sweeping the roadsides where SM normally rode and spotted the bike, allegedly down a hill, the first response by searchers/rescuers would be to scramble down that hill to see if they could render aid. Remember, preservation of life always supersedes preservation of evidence.
I also found it interesting how BM described the position of the bike when it was found. First he said he was going to show TD where it happened. After he began to describe how it was down the hill, wheels up, he stopped and seemed to catch himself. How did he have this knowledge?
So again, @Jimbythelake, we can agree to disagree.
P.s. I would like to add that it is possible that evidence may have been inadvertently destroyed during the bike recovery. Hopefully it was not due to carelessness.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what did BM told the girls about the bike ride, I wonder, for the girls to become worried enough to alert the neighbor. I mean Mom can't text back if she is riding her bike or taking a shower?

On our birthdays, Mothers day, Fathers day, or other holidays, our son usually texts 'Happy ______' first thing in the morning. We've already discussed his coming over, so I sometimes text back 'love you, see you soon' or sometimes don't text back. Of the times I don't text back, our son never called our neighbors to check on us. He just comes over later to enjoy the day.

That’s interesting. I hadn’t thought of that. Is it possible she was the type that texted back no matter what, right away?

Oh my gosh folks. Anyone can pick this case to pieces for a very long time. In my opinion it comes back simply to Occam's Razor. Someone had the opportunity and probably a motive ( that no one here will ever truly understand .) She wasn't carried off in some rushing creek. She wasn't carried off in the mouth of some mountain lion. She didn't crash on the highway on her bike - and then was carried off to be hidden. She didn't run away - and out of her life. She didn't commit suicide. The chances some weirdo in the area took her ?? Very incredibly low. A narrative has been driven by one person - not LE. Either that person did it alone or hired some help.

I wonder which side of the fence his daughters are hanging out on?

My bet is 100% with dad. I base that on the fact that in most cases, that’s what happens. Kids can’t cope with the thought that they not only lost one parent but that the other that they loved is responsible.

There are some exceptions. Like that horrible Dr. McNeil. Or MacNeil. But so often they tend to cling tightly and defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal