Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t driven over that way in a while, but I saw an odd pond on a satellite map—maybe that’s the one you’re describing. It looked like a large pond was connected to a smaller one with a bridge maybe? Is that right? I looked at the water in the area when I saw today’s EMS mention of a boat and divers being used.

That is probably it. There are a couple houses on the property and you can see a building with a reddish center to it. That is the brick courtyard in the middle of the barn. It was owned by a wealthy man who wanted to have a carriage museum there about 25-30 years ago. It has been a while since I have last been passed there, but for a long time in the near recent past it has not been very well maintained and it had been up for sale.

That is probably it. There are a couple houses on the property and you can see a building with a reddish center to it. That is the brick courtyard in the middle of the barn. It was owned by a wealthy man who wanted to have a carriage museum there about 25-30 years ago. It has been a while since I have last been passed there, but for a long time in the near recent past it has not been very well maintained and it had been up for sale.
Thanks for the information. I‘ll have to look it up.

Just looked at a map and the surroundings. There's an airport nearby. Does that mostly service small private aircraft, or commercial as well?

That would be Smoketown Airport, which is small planes and helicopters.

Home

There is a larger airport in Lititz, which had some commercial flights, but to have options in commercial flights you would need to go to Harrisburg or Philadelphia.

https://lancasterairport.com/

This case really pulls at my heartstrings for so many reasons. I suspect the outcome won't be great.

After days of extensive searching by trained professionals coming up with nothing leads me to believe she didn't have some sort of medical event happen. Between the dogs and all the feet on the ground searching around the area she went missing, I believe they would have found her by now. I am not ruling it out completely but putting it to the bottom of my list. With the FBI becoming involved, I am hopeful they will find a lead somewhere.

Following.
What an odd case.
My first guess is that she left voluntarily to flee her culture and expectations.
Maybe there was a suitor, and she wanted to get away ?
Which would mean she's safe, just hiding.
Imo.

I do doubt this scenario...Because someone would know something about a suitor and a desire to leave and would tell, and because the local police called the FBI in.

That would be Smoketown Airport, which is small planes and helicopters.

Home

There is a larger airport in Lititz, which had some commercial flights, but to have options in commercial flights you would need to go to Harrisburg or Philadelphia.

https://lancasterairport.com/

There are Commercial flights out of ABE -Allentown airport - Lehigh Valley.

Depends what the crop is, but the tall crops like corn, not very high yet the saying is Knee high by the fourth of July and its about on target for that where I am which is about 20-30 mins from Lancaster. So it's probably mid calf at the moment. HOWEVER with hormones, etc. it varies.

Here is a picture from Linda’s FB page showing the search on horseback in the crop.

Attachments

• 143DA8A1-0969-4888-A1F2-3FDACA4ED201.jpeg
    143DA8A1-0969-4888-A1F2-3FDACA4ED201.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 149
Does anyone local know how tall the crops are? Also, I think I have an address for Linda's house. Am I allowed to post that or just a general area? I found it on the Bird-In-Hand Pa. online phone book so IMO it is accurate.

Here is a picture from Linda’s FB page showing the search on horseback in the crop.

Oh wow. The corn is higher than I thought it would be. Thank you for sharing.

Terribly sad another day without answers.

my heart is so sad for her family & community.

I can’t help but think **if** she did leave on her own she still would have had to heavily rely on someone she likely barely knew, making her probably just as vulnerable & just as groomable.

I feel like every possible scenario I think of doesn’t seem to end well.

thinking of Linda & her family tonight, hoping they receive answers tomorrow.

FBI assisting in search for Linda Stoltzfoos

SABBM:

The FBI is now assisting in the search for a missing Lancaster County woman, East Lampeter Township Police confirmed.

Police are still considering all possibilities, including that Linda chose to leave without telling her family.

“With this investigation so far, we don’t have any direct evidence to say this is foul play or direct evidence to say this was her leaving on her own free will,” said Lt. Matthew Hess, public information officer for East Lampeter Township Police.

The long days of searching have been grueling, volunteers said, both from the physical effort of searching all day in the summer heat and from the emotional toll and frustration of not finding anything.

I was just about to come on the thread to note that I really don't know what to make of this case.

I see I'm not the only one.

Sounds like LE is scratching their heads right now, too.

The complete lack of evidence may actually support a best-case scenario, i.e., that she's gone voluntarily missing, so in that sense, no news is good news.

JMO.

Thanks for sharing the lingo, still learning!

Hi @am80, welcome to WS!

We have all been in your position (new member, still learning). I've posted a couple of links below that may be helpful. Please don't be afraid to ask questions; ALL of us here on the thread are ready, willing, and able to provide assistance. We love new members! You can also alert a MOD (Moderator), if you're just not sure about something. @JerseyGirl has been very active on Linda's thread- she is amazing at clarifying things for us!

Commonly used WS acronyms:
Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Rules & Etiquette:
Rules - Etiquette & Information

The Rules (Terms of Service):
The Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online