Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter which case this suicide is connected to.. You don't just take your own life. The trauma, pressure, possible feeling of guilt it must have been immense.

Concerning Vanessa, I still think there are multiple people involved, because I refuse to believe she is someone who would go down without a fight. The persons involved must have known that also hence my thought about a group (two or three). You simply can't do this on your own.
It probably was more of shame than guilt. Considering who and their rank they didn't want to face the very soldiers they preach to about doing the right thing. I agree with most here the entire Ft. Hood Installation needs investigating starting from Corps downward. Makes that base seems more like a place that harbors criminals than heroes. Unbelieveable.

Ok, we know better than this... remains were found. It is very likely that this suspect knew this and likely also knew that he was being investigated by CID. He would be at high risk for self-harm/suicide attempt as he would feel cornered. Yet he has freedom to accomplish this and not face justice... i realize we can't just arrest without probable cause.... but man, this is so very frustrating. :mad:
If it had been a lower enlisted soldier they would have moved them to the barracks under watch. What they did when I was still in anyway. But 'the good ole boy' system is what seems to left this particular one alone roam while knowing they did something wrong.

Suspect wanted in connection to Fort Hood criminal investigation killed overnight
According to the Killeen Police Department, the suspect shot himself as officers tried to make contact.

Author: Chelsea Durcholz
Published: 4:10 AM CDT July 1, 2020
Updated: 4:36 AM CDT July 1, 2020
KILLEEN, Texas — A suspect wanted in connection to a Fort Hood criminal case was shot and killed overnight. According to the Killeen Police Department, officers located the suspect in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue around 1:30 Wednesday morning. As officers tried to make contact with the suspect, the suspect pulled out a gun and shot himself. The suspect died a short time later.
Suspect wanted in connection to Fort Hood criminal investigation killed overnight
—-
BBM
Is this on base?
Rancier is right outside of base. There are I think 2 gates leading into Ft. Hood from Rancier. It's the street where PFC Guillen protest was held.

I highly doubt that..the article says he ran on foot, off post, and then shot himself. Sounds like lower-enlisted to a tee.

Yes. That makes total sense. I agree... E5 or below. I keep understanding things incorrectly and confuse myself. Lack of sleep... I can't seem to disengage from this situation at Ft. Hood.

I highly doubt that..the article says he ran on foot, off post, and then shot himself. Sounds like lower-enlisted to a tee.
How was he able to escape? They should’ve had people surrounding his room/dorm/house at all times. And how was able to walk off base? I’m so confused. This is just so heartbreaking. I have a picture of him. I won’t post it though. But I had saved his pic a few days ago. So sad.

Family Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen To Hold Press Conference In Washington, D.C.

snipped
Guillen’s family attorney, Natalie Khawam, told CBS News investigators told the family they believe the remains are Vanessa’s but that a forensics team needs to confirm it.

The soldier’s family is calling for an independent investigation into her disappearance. At a previous press conference outside Fort Hood Vanessa’s sister, Lupe Guillen, said, “She was being sexually harassed on base, which is unacceptable because she was supposed to be safe while working and protecting the country we live in.”

Fort Hood has launched an investigation into the allegations, but so far Army investigators say they have no credible reports that Guillen was sexually assaulted.

Domingo Garcia, the national president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), said, “Their own people are investigating their own people basically, and that creates an inherent conflict of interest.”

How was he able to escape? They should’ve had people surrounding his room/dorm/house at all times. And how was able to walk off base? I’m so confused. This is just so heartbreaking. I have a picture of him. I won’t post it though. But I had saved his pic a few days ago. So sad.

More than likely, he was just a suspect. I don't see it likely to have all suspects surrounded at all times. There are also junior enlisted soldiers who live off post, be it because they are married, are paying for an apartment out of their own pocket, have a deal with a friend, etc.

If I had to guess, I would say he was coming on post and the MPs wanted to apprehend him when he was pulling into the gate, showing them his card. (He could have also lived in the barracks, and had just been returning from a trip into town) This is when he "cheesed it" and ran from post as fast as he could (they can't just chase him off post as MPs) and found a place to end his life.

Pure speculation, but I think its the most likely scenario.

Yes, if you read further through ALL or ANY of the headline threads and / or click on link, this information only came out due to he HAD talked to family.

I do understand that some lay folks just read headlines and never read the body of the information, but more than that actually read the article. Many here on WS do drill down to see the details as it's what we are here for and differs from others...so just inquiring if this is the case that the articles weren't read that stated clearly Tim contacted family.

Tim Miller would NEVER Moo do such as to give a statement before family was involved. NEVER. Moo. Are you familiar with who Tim is and what he does and his track record ... and admiration by most all at WS? MOO

You all are so condescending here to folks who don't post much. I am aware who he is and what he himself has gone through. I asked a question, I actually got my answer later on I just did not edit my post. I still think he should not have said that to the media since he practically said it's her pending ID and since he has credibility the media will run with it, and headlined as they feel. He is above criticism? The family is clearly not wanting people to think it's her unless its confirmed, they made that pretty clear on social media.
We are all lay folks, how many cases have any of you on this forum solved ? Are you a detective? Just take facts from MSM and make guesses. Moooooooo.

Last edited:
VanessaGuillen: Remains found in shallow grave by Leon River [#BREAKING] Vanessa Guillen: Remains found in shallow grave by Leon River [BREAKING] via @crimeonlinenews

A body has been found in a shallow grave by the Leon River in Texas, in connection with the disappearance of missing Fort Hood soldier, Vanessa Guillen, a source has told CrimeOnline.

https://twitter.com/leighegan/status/1278055915904741376?s=21

So this was in an area previously searched? And just partial remains?

This is the second person found dead off base, recently, right?

I feel for her mother. Terrible news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member