Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm confused now. I thought it was during a ten year anniversary programme about MM that CB confessed to a friend and showed them the video of the rape of the American 72 year old woman. That friend was so alarmed they reported it. So that would be May 2017. Where was that confession made? What police force was it reported to? Do we know? I've missed a lot of earlier stuff sorry.

At some point in 2017 he is extradited on a European Arrest warrant for drugs crimes. When was that?

He apparently appears relieved to hear the extradition is for drugs according to the Italian who arrests him. If so, is he already regretting the confession?

Once in Germany he is charged with the rape of the 72 year old suggesting they have access to the report of his confession. Is that a reasonable assumption.

In 2020 they (German LE) announce he's a suspect in the murder of MM. When asked when they reached that conclusion they say during the last 2 years - so 2018 - 20.

Very sorry if getting confused but I'm now lost in the time lines.

I also though on May 3, 2007 he was in Germany, but I'm no longer sure.

He was extradited from Portugal in June 2017. In September 2016 he was in Portugal. Between dates I don't know (but would like to).

In 2013 he was summoned in Brauschweig to be inquired in relation to MM's disappearance, so that antedates 2017.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-190329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-190329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Well,eitherway...that Italy mentioned two unresolved murders and CB made me guess,he was “no stranger” in Italy..and it is known by statements...that he drifted around a lot...so I do think he stashed his ‘belongings’ somewhere in Italy,wouldn’t be surprised,to be honest!
I agree.
We don't know for sure that he was penniless in Italy and just because he was begging, doesn't mean a thing imo, he may have just wanted a bed for the night, just to get to know people, so he could con them or commit other acts - he was a scammer, he could afford his train and bus tickets across the EU,also he had a rather expensive Allegro sitting at home.
He was on the run, lying low for a while, quite a familiar pattern with him IMO
He'd buried his footage and thought he was safe in Italy.

The pic was taken at Praia do Barranco BARD. It's stated in press and we checked here that's accurate.

Sure? At Barranco i see no possibility to go near the water by car. At Boca do Rio it looks likely possible.

Sure? At Barranco i see no possibility to go near the water by car. At Boca do Rio it looks likely possible.

IMO thats the rock, the van is parked in front and it's Boca do Rio. You can see it through the windows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-190840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-190840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 37

Sure. It's in previous threads but I can't located posts now. Many pictures were checked against van and an exact location could be found. Water level depends on high and low tide and also there's a decline full of sand that can't be seen due to projection angle.

ETA:

Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

Last edited:
Lets wait until Friday, Photographer.

I don't think she's complicit in MM.
Maybe they had a scam going on with the German Foster kids, perhaps CB picked them up from Germany and took a cut, maybe they sold drugs together?
She may have covered for him over MM perhaps because she didn't believe he was capable? Who knows, lets wait and see.

At Praia do Barranco the car park with its boundary of boulders was built after 2007. In 2007 you could drive all the way to the beach and sea.

Also the hard concrete car park was laid later too - is that right? I can't get access to google earth in 2007 - can you get a pic before the rocks were put in place?

But admittedly,the other place has been mentioned also.This is why i was cautious with my comment previously,as both have been mentioned.

I think CB frequented both beaches, probably pushing drugs to surfers, sleeping in his van.
I think the PJ searched the wells near to BDR beach as it has a few wells very close to the road that leads to the beach. PJ have searched where they think is most obvious place to leave a body, as a process of elimination imo

Last edited:
With the public potentially offering tips recently, if the German investigators wanted to interview possible Portugal based leads, eg OC ex-staffers as one example, would they need pj help, or they have staff now in PDL and surrounding region do we know ?

German investigators don't have jurisdiction in portugal - they would need PJ cooperation.

Just a thought....

I see what you're saying here - is that Boco do Rio beach? If so, I'm sticking my neck out here a bit.
Barranca beach has golden sand, BDR doesn't and the Westfalia pic is parked near grass and I can't see any grass on Barranca beach, but there is grass on the parking area on BDR beach.
Look at the 2nd pic down - this looks like where the Westfalia was parked (where the white van is in the pic)
Maybe the cliff formations are VERY similar?
Praia Boca do Rio Algarve Portugal

I see what you're saying here - is that Boco do Rio beach? If so, I'm sticking my neck out here a bit.
Barranca beach has golden sand, BDR doesn't and the Westfalia pic is parked near grass and I can't see any grass on Barranca beach, but there is grass on the parking area on BDR beach.
Look at the 2nd pic down - this looks like where the Westfalia was parked (where the white van is in the pic)

That's what i'm trying to say...

Attachments

• 20200714_200926.jpg
    20200714_200926.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 24

But look, Ted, van is very close to cliff. You can't do that on PBR as you had to drive on sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member