GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

I got a feeling that CJ is not being held on remand, by helping the police with their inquiries. I cant imagine the police bailing her, if she went down the no comment route, especially after the body was found.

I think she will play a big part in getting him convicted. At what level she was involved we will have to wait and see on the 25th July.

She is on bail far as I know. Next week will be 2 months so she has another month, possibly, before they have to go before a court to extend further.

Bail without charge
The new bail time limit has been set at 28 days (extendable up to 3 months where authorised by a Superintendent and every three or six-month extension thereafter ad infinitum must be agreed by a Magistrate).

28 Day Pre-Charge Bail Limit - Everything you need to know

I got a feeling that CJ is not being held on remand, by helping the police with their inquiries. I cant imagine the police bailing her, if she went down the no comment route, especially after the body was found.

I think she will play a big part in getting him convicted. At what level she was involved we will have to wait and see on the 25th July.

Good point. They were only under arrest for one day before SM was charged and CJ was released on bail. So would seem likely someone talked. Unless the evidence is overwhelming against him and there is no strong evidence against her.

Good point. They were only under arrest for one day before SM was charged and CJ was released on bail. So would seem likely someone talked. Unless the evidence is overwhelming against him and there is no strong evidence against her.

I sincerely hope that CJ was not directly involved in the killing of Louise. SM could have had a secret obsession with Louise, that turned into murder. CJ could have been pressured into helping dispose of the body, while previously being unaware of his murderous intentions.

I say that because If CJ is Louise's real aunt, I could not see her being involved in any sick fantasies, like the Becky Watts killers.

IMO

Officers investigating the murder of Louise Smith in Leigh Park have re-arrested a woman.

Louise, aged 16, was reported missing on Friday 8 May, before her body was found in Havant Thicket on Thursday 21 May.

A 29-year-old woman, who was initially arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, was yesterday (17 July) re-arrested on suspicion of murder.

She has been bailed until 31 July while our enquiries continue.

Officers previously charged Shane Lee Mays, aged 29 years and from Somborne Drive in Havant, with murder. His trial is due to take place at Winchester Crown Court on 10 November.

We appreciate that this case has been very distressing for the local community, however we ask you not to speculate on the circumstances surrounding Louise’s death or this arrest in the comments section, as this can have an impact on proceedings later down the line when evidence is presented to a jury.

Thanks for the update Deppy. Interesting that she has got bail again...they must have something more on her now, but not enough to keep her on remand.

I wonder if they have her in a guarded safe house and know she is not able to escape anywhere.
She was apparently a recluse not leaving the flat so could have underlying health issues and with the worry of Covid,thought it a better option to keep her where she is.
Interesting she is now charged with murder rather than assisting an offender.

Agree re the safe place Skigh, although there was also another location mentioned if I recall.
Also, just noticed from your post Deppy, that the new bail term is only for 2 weeks, whereas the usual system is to renew for 30 days at a time.
I wonder if this is because they expect to bring charges by the end of the month.

I wonder if they have her in a guarded safe house and know she is not able to escape anywhere.
She was apparently a recluse not leaving the flat so could have underlying health issues and with the worry of Covid,thought it a better option to keep her where she is.
Interesting she is now charged with murder rather than assisting an offender.

She hasn't been charged with murder has she? Just investigated under suspicion.

Unless I've read it wrong o_O

I wonder what they have on her... this case is crazy. It would be one thing to be charged with assisting after the fact but... I am just dumbfounded to come up with motive here.
Hoping for Justice for Louise soon, and some answers for that poor family who is losing more than just one loved one in this terrible situation.

I wonder what they have on her... this case is crazy. It would be one thing to be charged with assisting after the fact but... I am just dumbfounded to come up with motive here.
Hoping for Justice for Louise soon, and some answers for that poor family who is losing more than just one loved one in this terrible situation.
Turns out women can have base motives too.

UPDATE FROM HAVANT POLICE

A woman arrested in connection with the murder of Louise Smith in Leigh Park will have no further action taken against her.

Louise, aged 16, was reported missing on Friday 8 May, before her body was found in Havant Thicket on Thursday 21 May.

A decision has been made that a 29-year-old woman, who has previously been arrested on suspicion of murder and assisting an offender, will now face no further action.

Officers previously charged Shane Lee Mays, aged 29 years and from Somborne Drive in Havant, on suspicion of murder. His trial is due to take place at Winchester Crown Court on 16 November.

Detective Chief Superintendent Scott MacKechnie said: “We understand these sorts of updates can come as a shock to the local community, but please be reassured that we are continuing to investigate this case thoroughly, and this will form part of the ongoing court process in relation to the suspect we have charged.

“It is important we keep you updated with these developments, and we thank the community for their ongoing support and understanding.

“We also once again ask that you don’t speculate on the circumstances surrounding Louise’s death as this can have an impact on proceedings later down the line when evidence is presented to a jury.”

Thanks for the update Deppy. I was just about to have a look for her court hearing tomorrow.

snipped from above.....

we are continuing to investigate this case thoroughly, and this will form part of the ongoing court process in relation to the suspect we have charged.

To me that reads as though Cj is going to be part of the prosecution case against SM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back