Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's brutal. That's not far from me at all. I'm glad to know someone has a plan for how to handle the excess patients. Of course suppressing the case load would be the ideal vs needing to stick people in shipping containers because we failed to manage that.

My grandson was born there last year. A little too close for comfort.
At least Wellstar Kennestone has a brand new ER and the old one is empty! = extra beds if needed!
It's all shiny and new!
Wellstar Kennestone’s new emergency department set to open by end of July
Moo

Sonora Quest Laboratories shows that it has about 62,000 backlogged tests.

<snip>

Arizona has tested about 10% of its population, but a huge number are waiting too long for tests. In theory all those people should be quarantined, but what I'm reading on local newspaper comments and other SM says there's great concern that this isn't happening as expected. People are having a hard time getting proper diagnosis and care, which is the main point.

I'm in AZ and had a test done today so we'll see how long it takes for me currently...

It's really more to rule what's going on OUT as Covid, as they really don't think it is, but because they can't figure everything out for sure and the symptom list has expanded so much they wanted to check just in case. Fully expecting it to be negative.

And just my experience as far as medical facilities here. All but 2 of the Urgent Care facilities in the system I use (second largest here) have been converted into Covid/suspected Covid patients only OR transferred their staff to Covid treatment places because they needed staff. That meant even with an appointment last week a much (much) longer wait (and drive) for UC than usual, and I'm sure means more people not going for care because the wait was so long for non-Covid Urgent Care facilities. And just also was interesting to see personally, particularly just how it has changed in the last month since I was in previously, and also not just go by what my friends working at Mayo and Banner were saying they had been seeing changes wise as medical professionals (plus it was another system) but as a patient.

is Forbes magazine MSM?

reporting my post to be sure

The Dr. Fauci Of The 1918 Spanish Flu
Oh, my word - the resemblance!

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ea75b0a228117000681b20d%2F0x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Some people are hiding it if they had it, too. They don’t want people knowing about it.

And friends go into denial mode. When we thought my wife had it (couldn't get tested, but we think it was) all of our friends were insisting that it was the "non-Covid flu," because, of course, they didn't want to be faced with having to either quarantine or lie.

And friends go into denial mode. When we thought my wife had it (couldn't get tested, but we think it was) all of our friends were insisting that it was the "non-Covid flu," because, of course, they didn't want to be faced with having to either quarantine or lie.

Why would they have to lie?

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans announced Wednesday evening they have "reached a fundamental agreement" with White House negotiators on how to move forward with a coronavirus relief bill.

Negotiators agreed on $16 billion to go towards testing as part of the Republican proposal, but they plan to offer $9 billion in previously appropriated funds and $16 billion in new funding. The combination of funds is a compromise reached between the Trump administration, which wanted to zero-out funding for testing, and Senate Republicans who wanted $25 billion.

Because the administration is opposed to running a national testing program, funding for testing will be focused on schools, day care centers, nursing homes and senior centers.

Senate GOP, White House reach tentative $1 trillion pact to break coronavirus aid logjam

A bunch of my in-laws have COVID. My father in law just got his results today.
His brother had it for 10 days. He was in hell for 10 days. But he’s recovered.

His sister in law had it. She’s recovered. She has an autoimmune disorder and is on the transplant list. But she’s fine. The doctors were astounded.

My father in law is 66 and prediabetic. He had a fever of 101 and shortness of breath. Coughing a lot. But his fever is already gone. He started getting sick Monday.

His sister has it too (they’re all in their 60’s) and she has moderate asthma. Has to take steroids a lot. She is doing okay.

I know that my father in-law takes a ton of stuff for his immune system and has for years. Grapeseed extract. 2000 milligrams per day. An apple, banana and four stalks of celery each day. Etc.

I have also heard that the strain we have on the west coast is not as bad as the mutated on that came from Europe to New York.

One of them lives in Tijuana. Two (husband and wife) live in the US near the border.
FIL lives here in OC. But has been traveling to TJ several times during the pandemic. He also went to church and had potluck there on Father’s Day.

He’s not social distancing. My sister in law might have given it to him. She went on a date and came home with step. But I think she has COVID.

But for me their stories are good news, since even people with conditions are able to survive this.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. What does surprise me is the number of Americans who appear to be walking around with undiagnosed Axis II disorders.

Do any of you have friends or relatives who refuse to wear a mask? Thinking it over, do these friends/family seem to have difficult personalities or perhaps low IQ? <modsnip: removed political comment>

<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

Where I live in UK, masks are only mandatory on public transport which I have not used for over a year. Do you have any family or friends who don't/won't wear masks?

Last edited by a moderator:

That is so sad.:(:(:(
So if these sick patients were in other states or countries, attempts to assist them would happen.

A bunch of my in-laws have COVID. My father in law just got his results today.
His brother had it for 10 days. He was in hell for 10 days. But he’s recovered.

His sister in law had it. She’s recovered. She has an autoimmune disorder and is on the transplant list. But she’s fine. The doctors were astounded.

My father in law is 66 and prediabetic. He had a fever of 101 and shortness of breath. Coughing a lot. But his fever is already gone. He started getting sick Monday.

His sister has it too (they’re all in their 60’s) and she has moderate asthma. Has to take steroids a lot. She is doing okay.

I know that my father in-law takes a ton of stuff for his immune system and has for years. Grapeseed extract. 2000 milligrams per day. An apple, banana and four stalks of celery each day. Etc.

I have also heard that the strain we have on the west coast is not as bad as the mutated on that came from Europe to New York.

One of them lives in Tijuana. Two (husband and wife) live in the US near the border.
FIL lives here in OC. But has been traveling to TJ several times during the pandemic. He also went to church and had potluck there on Father’s Day.

He’s not social distancing. My sister in law might have given it to him. She went on a date and came home with step. But I think she has COVID.

But for me their stories are good news, since even people with conditions are able to survive this.

Glad to hear they are recovering. Did they take or were prescribed any medication do you know to help get over it?

Only time will tell what the economic ramifications are for localized virus eradication strategies, such as those underway in Australia and New Zealand. The situations in Victoria and NSW show the fragility of such strategies - is it sustainable to respond to every case with such overwhelming force?

Something that is rarely factored to these responses to the virus is the human element. Places, like NY, with strict lock downs appear to be more susceptible to mass lapses in judgement - we've all seen the stories of large street gatherings. Arizona had a relatively low impact lock down, and has responded to sources of large gatherings. The State has found a balance, in my opinion, where there are enough places for people to feel a sense of normality, that there isn't this pent up demand to go out and do something really reckless. It hasn't eradicated the virus, but numbers are coming down, across the board.

Hopefully medical science will soon deliver us a fourth option.

I think you are right. A more measured approach means people are less likely to kick the traces and bolt every now and then. Not long to wait till the vaccine is here so these people we see having the mad drinking gatherings like the frat and lake parties and the street parties need to reign it in a little. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?