Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
say what you will about TD and other youtuber's (not you specifically @Janeumayer , i just chose this post to continue the convo :)), at least someone is out there fighting for answers! HE is behaving the way we would expect a certain husband to behave, which is out there on the streets, putting himself in the firing line, and questioning the narrative. he wants answers, and he's willing to risk all the negativity and hate he receives to search for those answers. i absolutely feel his frustration. i think most of us here in this thread do! or?

moo.

fighting for answers? like when the un-named guy told two blatant rumors and said 'it is just rumor , i have no way to back it up' TD replied that's ok we want to see what the rumor mill has to say here....just nuggets of information....smh

This was discussed a few threads ago and someone requested clarification from Lauren. “They” being observed at the gym was meant as her and her daughter. Not her and BM.

Anyone else remember where LS clarified that question? She also clarified the time as 11:30 p.m. for the noise heard near the build site.

Yes - very likely our @Seattle1 may have the link or it could have been her answering questions during FB live? It's somewhere in the last thread or prior one I think?
JMO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

It was in my July 22 post above, somewhat transcribing LS's special news report where I made a special note for the reader that SM's friend KW's reference was not clear.

It was obviously unclear to others because the question was posted on LS fb and she responded that "the two of them" was in-fact SM and her youngest daughter.

(Previously, there had been MSM reports that BM and SM worked out at the gym together).

^^sbbm

Adding context to Ellen's statement. At the time of this report, when asked directly, nephew TN would not confirm if SM had children or if she lived with anyone. Reporters were left with their assumptions from fb accounts.

I would venture a guess that some of my siblings are not even aware if my girls are currently living with me. The pandemic caused people to have to make choices as to who they would not want to be apart from for a good length of time. If someone was unwilling to completely isolate themselves, home might not be the best place. But I guess the family didn’t care, because the girls were off camping with others and planned to see their Mom. And BM also was out and about working. East coast pandemic living must be different.

I don’t know what CPS is required to do, and it may vary by state. But Mark Sievers was granted custody of his young children in 12/2015 after a challenge from DCF. Teresa, his wife, was murdered on 6/29/2015, so this was more than 5 months after her murder, and soon after the husband had been formally named as a suspect.

Judge: Mark Sievers retains custody of his children

“A Lee County judge ruled Monday that the two daughters of Dr. Teresa Sievers, who was bludgeoned to death this summer, should stay in the care of their father, who has recently been implicated in the killing.

Despite suggestions from the Florida Department of Children and Families that the couple’s two daughters, ages 11 and 8, are in danger, Lee Circuit Judge Lee Schreiber found the department did not present enough evidence to show that Mark Sievers is a threat to the children. In denying the petition, Schreiber said the possibility that Mark Sievers would harm his daughters “is just that: it’s a possibility.”

He did lose custody soon afterward.

Yeah, but ... it's Florida... just kidding. Sort of.

@lonetraveler and @Warwick7, the issue from a prosecutor's perspective is that there's a total dearth of information right now.

That being said, a deputy prosecutor might be called upon to review the investigators' probable cause affidavits prior to submission to a judge for a search warrant. A prosecutor might also coordinate with investigators prior to the execution of any search warrants to ensure that there's proper chain of custody for anything seized.

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

It was in my July 22 post above, somewhat transcribing LS's special news report where I made a special note for the reader that SM's friend KW's reference was not clear.

It was obviously unclear to others because the question was posted on LS fb and she responded that "the two of them" was in-fact SM and her youngest daughter.

(Previously, there had been MSM reports that BM and SM worked out at the gym together).
Thank you I knew you would have it for us !!!

I always thought the Sheriff's comment about hoping BM would continue to cooperate was tongue-in-cheek. It would be odd to kind of make a joke a that time, but it would be worse than odd to drop a little bomb publicly. A bomb as in, we hope he continues to work with us because we think he killed her. I can't imagine he'd do a foot-in-mouth like that, so for me anyway, it's preferable to think he was trying to be light. If he did say that in all seriousness, he had to know people would jump on that as an admission of BM being the suspect.

Adding some context to the Sherrif's comment hoping BM would continue to cooperate. It was actually a direct response to a reporter's question at the first press conference.

It was also the first opportunity local media had to pose the question to the Sheriff after the NYP reported he would not confirm and/or comment if BM was cooperating with LE.

I think it's fair to say media took the no comment to be the equivalent of BM not cooperating, and the Sheriff set the record straight at the presser.

MOO

And, you've made a very good point. But, who was there to send the photo or text? So many unanswered questions....
I was unclear. If “LE” came upon the piece of evidence, would they text or email the photo to a family member (who is not on scene) to identify or verify it? Especially when time is of the essence.

Yeah, but ... it's Florida... just kidding. Sort of.

Believe me. I know! Some of my friends knew Mark Sievers :eek:

In this case, the kids are much older. One is an adult. I wonder what would happen if the younger one expressed an interest in legally living with the elder. Could they force them to live apart from their dad?

It seems like a tricky legal zone if the parent is a POI but not yet arrested.

MOO

I was unclear. If “LE” came upon the piece of evidence, would they text or email the photo to a family member (who is not on scene) to identify or verify it? Especially when time is of the essence.
Thanks, I thought you might be referring to the nephew or a friend who might've been on the scene which could explain how BM knew the position of the bike, tire etc.

I didn't miss it. The new language doesn't say anything different about the situation to me. Basically, homeowner is barred from entry to his own home even though a search warrant hasn't yet been issued. Its new information to me that such is possible. I would have thought that until the warrant is signed, sealed, and delivered LE cannot do that.

A situation can be "frozen" for a reasonable time to allow officers to obtain a warrant. As a general rule, though, the longer it takes, the less likely such a seizure will be deemed reasonable, especially in the case of a person's home.

@lonetraveler and @Warwick7, the issue from a prosecutor's perspective is that there's a total dearth of information right now.

That being said, a deputy prosecutor might be called upon to review the investigators' probable cause affidavits prior to submission to a judge for a search warrant. A prosecutor might also coordinate with investigators prior to the execution of any search warrants to ensure that there's proper chain of custody for anything seized.
Isn't the prosecutor in high profile cases the states attorney? That being said, wouldn't the states attorney know what LE holds in their hand and close to their vest?
With 2 sealed search warrants I am going to venture to guess that is opposit of total dearth.

IMO, that is just so strange. He contacted so many news stations but does not relay this fact? Why hide the fact she has a husband and children?

I would venture a guess that some of my siblings are not even aware if my girls are currently living with me. The pandemic caused people to have to make choices as to who they would not want to be apart from for a good length of time. If someone was unwilling to completely isolate themselves, home might not be the best place. But I guess the family didn’t care, because the girls were off camping with others and planned to see their Mom. And BM also was out and about working. East coast pandemic living must be different.

I should have included that nephew TN would not confirm if SM had children or where she lived at the same time that he was referring to BM only as "the husband," and SM as his aunt. (I'll edit my post).

Believe me. I know! Some of my friends knew Mark Sievers :eek:

In this case, the kids are much older. One is an adult. I wonder what would happen if the younger one expressed an interest in legally living with the elder. Could they force them to live apart from their dad?

It seems like a tricky legal zone if the parent is a POI but not yet arrested.

MOO
I agree it's a very tricky legal zone!

CPS is the investigator and would have to offer proof to the court that the minor child was at risk and/or BM a danger to the child.

If CPS can't provide evidence to support removal, they'd likely get the same result as the Sievers case when the judge ruled the possibility of danger was insufficient proof.

I see the older daughter becoming guardian long before CPS ever getting involved -- and this would be after an arrest.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member