Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear- the address (P.O. Box) is NOT a personal address belonging to Linda's immediate family members (which is a violation of TOS). This P.O. box has been established by Linda's Aunt (who created and runs "Amish Girl Missing" FB page), to protect the family (victims) from being overwhelmed with mail. The address is also listed in one of the local news articles- but I lost the link to it. Did anyone else save it? I failed to include it in my original post. :(

Flagging moderators with this information. :)
I think it's great that the aunt set up a P.O box for mail to the Stoltzfoos be sent to. There might be one or more not so nice people who might say unkind things and that family needs all the love, tenderness, and support they can get.

Just to be clear- the address (P.O. Box) is NOT a personal address belon
Others have mentioned the possibility of the found clothing being trophies. I keep coming back to this, too. He wanted the socks and bra to be accessible. Perhaps having them in the sight line as he drove by was sufficient, as opposed to having to see and/or touch them. Otherwise why the heck separate them from LS and the rest of her clothes in the first place? I don't know. I'm no expert at this but it seems reasonable. JMO
I believe they were trophy items for him but that's JMO.

Thank you Janeumayer, right after I got off Webslueths I realized it might be preliminary hearing which I've heard that term before. Do you know what takes place at. PH ? If you do, please explain because I have no idea. TIA.
Here’s an explanation for preliminary hearings taking place in PA. The article mentions the term MDJ which means Magisterial District Judge.

Preliminary Hearing

Others have mentioned the possibility of the found clothing being trophies. I keep coming back to this, too. He wanted the socks and bra to be accessible. Perhaps having them in the sight line as he drove by was sufficient, as opposed to having to see and/or touch them. Otherwise why the heck separate them from LS and the rest of her clothes in the first place? I don't know. I'm no expert at this but it seems reasonable. JMO
I have a couple of questions about the clothing items (bra and socks) as trophies theory.
1) If trophies generally associated with serial killers and/or serial rapists, would this then decrease the likelihood of this being a first-time, crime-of-opportunity.
2) If trophies are often intimate items, I can understand keeping a bra as a trophy. But socks?

I have a couple of questions about the clothing items (bra and socks) as trophies theory.
1) If trophies generally associated with serial killers and/or serial rapists, would this then decrease the likelihood of this being a first-time, crime-of-opportunity.
2) If trophies are often intimate items, I can understand keeping a bra as a trophy. But socks?
Well IF he choked her with them maybe he would want to keep them. MOO.
It could even be a sensory thing for him (smell, touch, taste, etc...). But I don’t know. Just thinking outside of the box. IMHAspieO.

I think he would have kept her panties. IMO

I don't know if it decreases the likelihood of this being a first-time, crime of opportunity; probably an expert or maybe even a profiler would know the answer to that question. It is MOO that he may have been planning on taking the clothing items home but for some unknown reason changed his mind.

I'm not sure re your questions, but I suppose these freaks start somewhere with keeping trophies. The socks I think could represent innocence (makes me feel sick).

However - I dont think the items found were trophies because he wouldnt have buried them somewhere hard for him to return to. Unless that was his original idea and then he panicked about having them, so got rid.

Possibly he overlooked them when he took Linda somewhere. He was likely in a high state of panic, I dont think this was an organised crime I think it was entirely opportunistic, probably triggered by an incident of some kind in a personal relationship. Rage, revenge against women, adrenalin. Not planned. I think he saw the poor girl, and took her.

Anyway, I hope the items provide DNA and/or trace, which would link him directly to Linda.

JMO

Unless a suspect confesses, and completely lays out what they did, and why from beginning to end, we will never know the reasons he hid the clothing in a very shallow hole. Each predator is as individual as the individual crimes they committed in their own way.

It's like trying to read tea leaves. There are just so many variables for doing so making it an impossible quessing game with no solid answer.

I have my own opinions, but in the end it really doesn't matter. What does matters is LE knows he DID put them there.

I'm sure by now like in all ongoing investigations like this LE knows far more than they did when her clothing was first found.

Jmho

Im wondering if he was under the influence of a substance, and he's thinking like "yeah im going to get me some chick to throw around for a while", so he gets in the car all amped up, and feeling powerful, then he nabs Linda, does what he does to her, and is like " mmm yeah, im keeping this bra, and stockings because I love what this feels like", and then he sobers from the experience a bit, and becomes a tad bit remorseful, freaks out a bit, looks at him self in the mirror then jumps in the car with the two clothing items, and drives without a plan, and his actions are erratic, based on only spontaneity, and basically stupidity, just like his initial action of kidnapping Linda in the first place. This is not factual folks, just a theory. I could see a substance such as cocaine or methamphetamine playing a roll in this, or even booze? It doesn't excuse the actions what so ever of course.

It depends on what kind of corn was being grown, I believe. Was it sweet or livestock (field) corn? Sweet corn would be ready in summer and field corn is not harvested until fall. So, that could be the reason for the discrepancy in the corn height. I saw teams searching cornfields in late June. At that time, the corn was only a little more than waist high on a man and fairly sparse. Down the road, however, the same may not hold true.

I respectfully disagree. IMO, it was already pretty high and dense in some areas. I remember someone posted a picture back then. I’ll try to find it.

P.S. Here it is. Posted to her Missing Facebook Page on June 25th:

105485668_115277143565357_5194957507665678183_o.jpg

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

It depends on what kind of corn was being grown, I believe. Was it sweet or livestock (field) corn? Sweet corn would be ready in summer and field corn is not harvested until fall. So, that could be the reason for the discrepancy in the corn height. I saw teams searching cornfields in late June. At that time, the corn was only a little more than waist high on a man and fairly sparse. Down the road, however, the same may not hold true.

Sorry for the double post. Learning how to quote.

IMO it's very possible JS was attempting to frame someone who worked at the Harvest Drive business or to make it appear like an Amish-to-Amish crime.

That was my first thought too. It seems absurd to go through so much trouble to hide a bra and a pair of knotted together stockings when there are easier ways. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 20 surefire ways to get rid of small pieces of clothing so that they are never found again. So why take the risk of getting caught? The only thing that makes sense to me is that it was strategic. It was either an attempt to pin the crime on somebody else and/or it was done merely to distract LE, imo. There may be additional pieces of clothing scattered around the area.

According to number 19 of the complaint, the suspect pulled off to an area that was outside of camera view on the west side of the road. The area described is an “Amish farm lane.” That leads me to believe the area is located midway between Stumptown Road and Mill Creek Road. There is an Amish farm lane there. It will be interesting to find out if additional information surfaces regarding the video.

I’d imagine that LE would have checked the construction sites that Dutchland is currently working on. JS most likely would have known where they were even though he worked at the Gap location. On a Sunday, maybe there was nobody working at a new construction site, with no security cameras around. Cement experience and lots of places to hide a body would be something I would look into.

The area described is an “Amish farm lane.” That leads me to believe the area is located midway between Stumptown Road and Mill Creek Road. There is an Amish farm lane there.
I came to the exact same conclusion. At the press conference they had a map that marked that part of Beechdale as the place where Linda was abducted. It is close to 0.2 miles from the camera. That is why there is very little detail, even after the enhancement. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member