Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no chance of breaking through the noise on this thread, but just thought I'd mention another case, where the suspect played on their religion to get people on their side. It's the Daniel Paul York case. He worked for an evangelical group, spending time in the Dominican Republic. He convinced a young mother to come back to the US with him. The married in Florida. Not too long after she charged him with abuse of her children. And then she disappeared.

He took of with the step children to Kentucky. Shortly after the authorities put the kids in foster homes. And then he ran off with the teenage daughter. Luckily he was ultimately caught. His wife has never been found.

FL - FL - Rosselys Felix Hernandez, 31, Jupiter, Nov 2016

His 'evangelical group' remains supportive because he is part of their religious group. But Danny remains awaiting trial in KY.
Aaannnd now I just went down another Google rabbit hole. If you haven’t started a thread in Missing Persons, please do.

I have no chance of breaking through the noise on this thread, but just thought I'd mention another case, where the suspect played on their religion to get people on their side. It's the Daniel Paul York case. He worked for an evangelical group, spending time in the Dominican Republic. He convinced a young mother to come back to the US with him. The married in Florida. Not too long after she charged him with abuse of her children. And then she disappeared.

He took of with the step children to Kentucky. Shortly after the authorities put the kids in foster homes. And then he ran off with the teenage daughter. Luckily he was ultimately caught. His wife has never been found.

FL - FL - Rosselys Felix Hernandez, 31, Jupiter, Nov 2016

His 'evangelical group' remains supportive because he is part of their religious group. But Danny remains awaiting trial in KY.
Aaannnd now I just went down another Google rabbit hole. If you haven’t started a thread in Missing Persons, please do.

I had thought about the insurance proceeds from TD, also. I stopped thinking about it because of news media sources making it sound like Chad had got the money. From my experience, insurance paying up can take months, but I suppose it depends on the company.

ETA: If Chad would have been smart, he would have immediately put half into a trust for his kids. It would be funny if Lori funded that entire trip and didn't get a dime of Tammy's life insurance.

It came out in March that Chad had $152,000 in a First Hawaiian Bank account. So I think he got the insurance money.

Lori Vallow, mom of 2 missing kids, wants $5 million bail reduced

This was probably discussed long ago, but does getting shot close range by a paintball gun (I assume) kill you? What was the point of a paintball gun? Or do we think it was a real gun, but Tammy THOUGHT it was a paintball gun?
A paintball gun fired on an unprotected target from around 10 feet hurts like a mother and leaves a deep tissue bruise. I suppose it could kill if it hit exactly the right spot (straight on mid-chest/ commodio cordis and all) but the chances of it being successful are incredibly low.

Last edited:
Chad may have already paid for it, maybe way before his arrest up front as a fixed fee type deal IMO.

A prepayment for what? I've never heard of such, with the exception of Jodi Arias' guy who was Prepaid legal. Is that they type of payment you are talking about? Retainer yes, is that what you meant to say? To an attorney that has no experience perhaps in certain case types?

The average cost for a misdemeanor, a felony for hiding evidence, or for 2 first degree murder charges would be very different to obtain and prepay. A misdemeanor, how much would you think that he prepaid. The other two felonies, how much would one think that he prepaid.

It is going to be very interesting when both of them run out of money and have to get a public defender. The first one will have to get a public defender, and the next one will have to get a special counsel due to conflict of interest even within the public defenders office. MOO Unless, probono white knight?

This was probably discussed long ago, but does getting shot close range by a paintball gun (I assume) kill you? What was the point of a paintball gun? Or do we think it was a real gun, but Tammy THOUGHT it was a paintball gun?
I have always thought it was a real gun and it jammed. It was too close to the attempt on BB to be a coincidence. Also, it has been stated that LE have digital evidence linking AxC to Tammy. We don't know exactly what that is ATM but that would be a third coincidence, as well as AxC and CD/LVD being caught on camera moving the BB assassination attempt jeep seat and spare wheel into and out of storage, a 4th coincidence. I think the evidence of their involvement will be overwhelming IMO.

From EIN article snipped for focus:

“It’s possible both defendants could waive their hearings up until the time they are scheduled. If that happens, their cases would automatically advance to district court.”

How likely is this scenario for either of them?

I would think that 90% of the evidence for both cases is overlapping, so even if one waives, we'll get the information from the FBI from the other MOO (Well, at least 75%?, who knows)

I’m betting it was a real gun, maybe with a silencer. She probably couldn’t fathom someone pointing a real gun at her.

A prepayment for what? I've never heard of such, with the exception of Jodi Arias' guy who was Prepaid legal. Is that they type of payment you are talking about? Retainer yes, is that what you meant to say? To an attorney that has no experience perhaps in certain case types?

The average cost for a misdemeanor, a felony for hiding evidence, or for 2 first degree murder charges would be very different to obtain and prepay. A misdemeanor, how much would you think that he prepaid. The other two felonies, how much would one think that he prepaid.

It is going to be very interesting when both of them run out of money and have to get a public defender. The first one will have to get a public defender, and the next one will have to get a special counsel due to conflict of interest even within the public defenders office. MOO Unless, probono white knight?
No not a retainer, a fixed fee. I was answering a post about LVD charges. I think he could have paid Means up front for defence of the charges against LVD. We discussed it on the thread a lot at the time, as well as discussing maybe doing it pro bono. Were you on the thread then? I don't know about his charges. When he was still free he probably thought that he had got away with it at that stage and would not need any money for his own defence. Hopefully he has spent it all on LVD.

ETA see article below

Lawyer Flat Fees | LegalMatch

Means' website offers Flat fees which was why we discussed it earlier in the thread.

Means-Law Attorney

Last edited:
I highly doubt some random person with a paintball gun shot at TD. To me, a handgun with a noise suppressor is most likely in light of the events surrounding this case. An inexperienced person can easily mis-identify the weapon.

Yes, it could have been a gun jam but despite what's seen in the movies, it's not always easy to hit a target with a handgun. Distance, even yards, can make a big difference especially if the target is moving or if the shooter is moving and/or shaking. AxC may have been the family hit man but it doesn't necessarily mean he was good at it.

I have no experience in shooting a handgun with a suppressor so I looked up some info about it. A suppressor can block out the sights or throw off one's aim unless the weapon is re-configured. Obviously, I don't know what the shooter had or how experienced he was but that can also be a factor.

One other thing. Gunshots can be quite loud unless noise-suppressed. Is there any info out there regarding witnesses hearing gunshot noise when BB was shot at?
“Alex may have been the family hit man, but that doesn’t mean he was good at it.”
This made me laugh a good ten minutes. Thank you!

***some snips by me for focus***

To me, a handgun with a noise suppressor is most likely in light of the events surrounding this case. An inexperienced person can easily mis-identify the weapon.

I have no experience in shooting a handgun with a suppressor so I looked up some info about it. A suppressor can block out the sights or throw off one's aim unless the weapon is re-configured. Obviously, I don't know what the shooter had or how experienced he was but that can also be a factor.

JMO
I also think it was a real gun used in the shooting incident at TD.

That is an interesting point that some silencers could mess up the sighting for a shooter. I totally agree about that because a screwed on silencer on the end of a barrel is usually a larger diameter than the barrel. So if the gun only had its original iron sights attached to the barrel, then the shooter would not be able to use the iron sights on the gun. If they tried looking through the original iron sights, all they would see is the beginning end of the silencer metal.

They would have to either add new sights or manipulate the sights on the gun to allow aiming. They may have thought they could just point the barrel in the general direction of their target and that never works accurately.

Last edited:

Paintballs can hurt tremendously at close range but marbles shot thru a paintball gun can do some real damage. I've also seen frozen paintballs shot and they can hurt a person badly too.

I just can't believe someone would try to kill another person with a paintball gun....just seems like a very poorly thought out plan unless the motive was simply to scare the target.

I am in the camp that Tammy thought it was a paintball gun because she really couldn't imagine someone was shooting at her with a real gun.

Last edited:
JMO
I also think it was a real gun used in the shooting incident at TD.

That is an interesting point that some silencers could mess up the sighting for a shooter. I totally agree about that because a screwed on silencer on the end of a barrel is usually a larger diameter than the barrel. So if the gun only had its original iron sights attached to the barrel, then the shooter would not be able to use the iron sights on the gun. If they tried looking through the original iron sights, all they would see is the beginning end of the silencer metal.

They would have to either add new sights or manipulate the sights on the gun to allow aiming. They may have thought they could just point the barrel in the general direction of their target and that never works accurately.
IF Alex used the same gun and silencer for both BB and TD, then the setup wouldn't be a problem, since he was able to fire bullets the first ime (he just missed). I wonder if he came closer to the intended target in TD's case than with BB?

Tammy also reported that the masked gunman shot at her "several times".

Her fb post published in EIN:
Tammy Daybell reported a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun 10 days before her 'suspicious' death | East Idaho News
Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-8.55.00-AM.png

btw-A very long time ago I got to see a screw-on silencer up close and personal. It was very interesting to see and hold it and understand how it worked.

There are different kinds and a lot of hand made ones out there and so I can only vouch for the one I saw.

It was so interesting because I finally understood how it worked.

The first thing to understand is a silencer or noise suppressor does NOT totally eliminate all sound. It just reduces it as much as possible. This could explain why TD thought it was not a real gun fired at her because the sound may have not been loud enough to her.

The one I got to see and hold was a typical screw-on silencer that was much thicker in diameter than the barrel it screwed onto.
The inside of the cylinder is where all the "magic" happened and was really a simple device.

It was made up of small wire brushes on the inside all pointing to the middle where the bullet would go through. If anyone has seen a tool that is used to clean a car battery's terminals, the wire brushes were similar to that where they all pointed inward.

The wire brushes were so dense and there were so many of them that you could not see through the hole where the bullet went through. It looked like there was no hole at all because the wire brushes were so dense.
The bullet would pass through all the wire brushes and in doing so, the noise of the blast was muffled by the larger cylinder of tight dense wire brushes.

That was just one kind and there are many kinds. In another real case here on WS, the shooter did nothing more than duct tape a 2 Liter Soda Bottle to the end of the gun and filled the inside with fiber fill type material that he got from a pillow. It may not have worked as well as some others but I am betting even that method probably reduced the noise some.

Another technique we have seen in cases is where someone would shoot someone sleeping and first put a pillow over their head and push the gun into the pillow before firing. Again, not the best way to silence a weapon but I am betting it helped reduce noise.

IF Alex used the same gun and silencer for both BB and TD, then the setup wouldn't be a problem, since he was able to fire bullets the first ime (he just missed). I wonder if he came closer to the intended target in TD's case than with BB?

Tammy Daybell reported a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun 10 days before her 'suspicious' death | East Idaho News

Thanks for the attachment in which she says:

"he shot at me several times although I dont think it was loaded"

We really need more clarification from her because that almost sounds like when the shooter fired, there were no actual shots like maybe she just heard him pulling the trigger multiple times with no actual firing.

Maybe the shooter forgot to load the gun. It almost sounds like that from her description.

Unfortunately she is no longer with us so we cannot expect to get more clarification other than what we already have.

He came extremely close with BB, just missing him and hitting the driver side top window frame. There is a pic of the actual bullet indentation. If they have the bullet, hopefully they have matched that to one of AxC's guns.

Gilbert drive-by shooting tied to Idaho missing children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member