Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this question comes a little late after the hearing but I was just watching a clip from a Court TV episode. The lawyers and journalists on the show (Vinny Politan, Ashley Banfield and Ted Rowlands) all believe Chad is going to blame all these deaths and conspiracies on Lori and he is going to throw her under the bus.

What are your opinions? I felt sure they would be tried together and plead not guilty all the way.

I have been thinking about who might roll on who first to get a deal. I'm beginning to think neither one will be offered a deal. The reason being could LE ever really trust either one to tell any semblance of the truth? LVD lies,then tells lies to cover those lies,ect. This is well documented. CD has also been caught in his own lies to LE and acquaintances. So could LE really ever trust either one enough to offer any kind of deal? I am just wondering. I dont know how that works. If anyone has any thoughts,or knows, I'm all ears.

I agree, usually a deal is offered in exchange for needed evidence to convict another party. In this case, I think/hope they have enough to charge both of the with murders and conspiracy to commit murder(s).

A question for those who watched DW testify at the prelim. Notice how Prior thanks DW for his testimony and right after that CD nods--as if he approved of that testimony.

What could that be about? CD just acting like he's in control when he's not?

Or, did he really approve of DW's testimony, and, if so, why? I don't want to jump down a rabbit hole here, but how "into" the CD belief system was/is DW?
because DW testimony undermined MGs in some respects and therefore helpful to the defence.

Last edited:
IMO, again, but it could have been transported in the bed of the truck to the fire pit and drug out. That said, my 22 year old can "dead lift" 400 pounds, so its not impossible for one person who has experience lifting weights. Just think driving it to the fire pit would be the most practical.

Just my thoughts and with all respect, when I was 22 I was able to lift a lot more than when I was 51. CD didn't even carry the car bench seat by himself (LV helped him) and he rolled the tire at the storge unit. Even though AxC carried both items, a bench seat or a tire is nowhere near 160 lbs and if he died of natural causes, it was a supposed heart condition which would make a 160 lb dead lift even more difficult. BTW, I looked it up and a bench seat for a Jeep Wrangler is 65 lbs. With that said, I don't think either had the ability to easily carry a body unless they were carrying it together and that would not look good if they were seen by passers by. It would be a lot less conspicuous to carry buckets to a fire and AxC's phone pings showed he was there in the daytime.

The body was dismembered so I also highly doubt they would have driven the intact body to the fire site and dismembered it outdoors, again with a chance to be seen. Besides, there would be less reason to even need a bucket. I'm guessing the dismembering was done in the barn.

I also believe that the perps decided to make it a easier project with JJ since he was so much smaller, thus a quick burial minus the dismembering.

Warning-graphic
The first fire in Chad's firepit that I have seen reported was after Tammy's death, which was over 40 days after Tylee was killed. There were more fires this spring. Chad's children would probably know what was burned on those occasions. I find it difficult to believe that Tylee's remains would be dug up and burned again. Chad would have more explaining to do - he would need multiple raccoons.
Weren’t both bodies buried in shallow graves? Wouldn’t it be pretty simple to dig down a bit and incinerate a body with a few more limbs each time? Hoping it would finally be consumed? The neighbors did say there were several bonfires.

It does take a long time to burn a body as several posters have noted. I just think Chad had so much expertise in burying bodies he would have known how to do that and get it done fast.

How is a 160 lb body getting to the fire pit?
IMO, I would imagine it was either offloaded by vehicle, or into somthing that is easily transported (like a wheelbarrow). Chad must have had somekind of transport for those tree limbs. I cannot imagine that he could have dragged or carried tree limbs one by one.

How is a 160 lb body getting to the fire pit?

It is not an impossibility or even much trouble for two grown men to drag or wheel 160 lbs from one place to another.

This weekend, my husband and I easily managed to move a boxed, unassembled treadmill weighing 143 lbs from the cargo area of my SUV parked in a detached garage and into my house that is 50' or 60' away. By myself, I was able to scoot the heavy and awkwardly large box most of the way out of my cargo area, then I tipped the end of the box out onto the bottom plate of a large hand truck. My husband used the hand truck to wheel it alone into the house to the room where we unboxed and assembled it. I think I could probably have done that by myself, as the hand truck did most of the work and in my husband's absence I've moved several large and heavy things into this house or out onto our patio or to our garden by myself using that same hand truck.

Maybe CD and AxC used a wheelbarrow. Or, maybe AxC drove his truck onto the property, drove around to the fence side of the fire pit, then backed the truck so its bed or the door to its backseat was up close to the fire pit. And together they pulled the body out and either carried it or wheelbarrowed it the last distance. Where there's a will, there's a way.

As far as the beginning of that trip (from Lori's townhouse), I think that, if AxC and Lori strangled a heavily sedated TR in her bedroom or drowned a heavily sedated TR in the bathtub, AxC could drag her body (wrapped or not) to his truck. And, if they strangled to death a heavily sedated TR in the seat where she sat after the return trip from Yellowstone, they could just lay her body out in the back seat (wrapped or not) in preparation for the drive to CD's property the next day.

I don't know, but wonder whether TR was killed in one of those ways, then put in her bed so it would appear to JJ she was asleep (just as JJ later appeared asleep to DW and MG when AxC carried him over from his place late the final night of their visit). And, then later, when JJ was soundly asleep, AxC revisited Lori's townhouse to drag TR's lifeless body to the garage, where it was possibly wrapped in sheets or plastic before being placed into the pickup back seat or bed for delivery the next day to CD's property.

I know this question comes a little late after the hearing but I was just watching a clip from a Court TV episode. The lawyers and journalists on the show (Vinny Politan, Ashley Banfield and Ted Rowlands) all believe Chad is going to blame all these deaths and conspiracies on Lori and he is going to throw her under the bus.

What are your opinions? I felt sure they would be tried together and plead not guilty all the way.
It is possible, I suppose. The only thing that would make that possible IMO, is if Lori spun Chad tales and he believed them (or didn't want to believe them). All in all, I think it unlikely that 1. he would try this and 2. a jury would believe him.

It is possible, I suppose. The only thing that would make that possible IMO, is if Lori spun Chad tales and he believed them (or didn't want to believe them). All in all, I think it unlikely that 1. he would try this and 2. a jury would believe him.
I can’t see a jury believing either of them, regardless of their story. The folks at Court TV seem to believe Prior if going after Lori. I do know Chad wrote some books from his mythical imagination. Maybe he thinks he can fool twelve jurors.

MOO together they will blame Alex.
Explaining the length of needed labor to burn and or bury will be hard to explain. MOO that is the evidence Prior will strive to suppress.
Media, including the airspace was banned at the Daybell property for two hours while remains and other evidence was removed.
I imagine that besides the bodies that guns, wheelbarrow, freezer, machetes, rakes, shovels, bags, tape, the fire pit cinder blocks and samples of dirt from various areas were collected.

Last edited:
Warning-graphic
The first fire in Chad's fire pit that I have seen reported was after Tammy's death, which was over 40 days after Tylee was killed. There were more fires this spring. Chad's children would probably know what was burned on those occasions. I find it difficult to believe that Tylee's remains would be dug up and burned again. Chad would have more explaining to do - he would need multiple raccoons.
I've had many fires in fire pits when I lived on very similar property as CD. As far as stirring, you don't need to dig anything up again to stir. One reason to stir the fire is to gather any unburnt sticks, twigs, log ends, etc back into the middle of the fire to get it all burnt. It can be done with a rake while the fire is still smoldering or upon subsequent fires. There was certainly a possibility that certain parts could have easily and inadverently been moved around at some time or another.

The vertebrae parts were found buried but not very deep so they could have been moved. Besides, being smaller and surely charred, it could be difficult to differentiate them from wood pieces and he may not have noticed them within the debris. The mass of bones, tissue and bucket were deeper, thus not likely to be moved around.

I've had large bonfires when I had a lot to burn and many, many small fires, no bigger than a campfire to clean up smaller fallen debris. As far as timing, the neighbors may not have seen all the fires that went on. Perhaps there were smaller and less conspicuous fires at some point. Anything is possible.

MOO

I can’t see a jury believing either of them, regardless of their story. The folks at Court TV seem to believe Prior if going after Lori. I do know Chad wrote some books from his mythical imagination. Maybe he thinks he can fool twelve jurors.
It sure will be interesting to see what Prior is going to come up with. I think Prior will go with the scattergun approach and try to confuse the jury.

Noralo455al5ppp050

MOO together they will blame Alex.
Explaining the length of needed labor to burn and or bury will be hard to explain. MOO that is the evidence Prior will strive to suppress.
Media, including media in the airspace was banned at the Daybell property for two hours while remains and other evidence was removed.
I imagine that besides the bodies that guns, freezer, rakes, shovels, bags, tape, the fire pit cinder blocks and samples of dirt from various areas were collected.
Oh I believe the DA will have more than enough evidence for convictions for both of them for murder, regardless of what Alex did or didn’t do. I wonder how Lori’s mom will view having Lori blame her son?

I am so curious about what Zulema and MP are going to do now, stay silent or tell what they know? I cannot imagine anyone covering for these two killers, unless they were also involved.

Back to the evidence, I believe the digital trial will convict them but also the duct tape. They will know where it was purchased and who bought it. Then there might be finger prints, even one fingerprint could get a conviction. Just hope it belongs to Lori or Chad.

Oh I believe the DA will have more than enough evidence for convictions for both of them for murder, regardless of what Alex did or didn’t do. I wonder how Lori’s mom will view having Lori blame her son?

I am so curious about what Zulema and MP are going to do now, stay silent or tell what they know? I cannot imagine anyone covering for these two killers, unless they were also involved.

Back to the evidence, I believe the digital trial will convict them but also the duct tape. They will know where it was purchased and who bought it. Then there might be finger prints, even one fingerprint could get a conviction. Just hope it belongs to Lori or Chad.
That would be terrific.
Duct tape near impossible to use with gloves.

Last edited:

I hope so. I just sat through the testimony of Ray Hermosillo again. The amount of duct tape used, must hold some evidence. IMO, I think it more likely that this was the work of Lori and not Alex. I am also thinking that JJ was killed during the night. I do not think he was killed whilst in the care of Alex. My reasoning, why would you use that amount of duct tape (especially across the face) on a dead body?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member