AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

MOO ..... the "oh my God, oh my God" from DS in the background of the 911 call seems to come just a tad too late in the piece for my liking, and the "Nick! Nick!, "Nick!" ..... bit too late also. H'mm.
I feel like I hear the name "Scott" at the very start of the call, and said twice in the background .... will type up what I hear later when I have some free time. Like you, @UnderWhelmed405, I'd be interested to hear what you're all hearing in the background of the call.

Odd, I could not find a business record for Gilbert Air LLC /Gilbert Air Cooling and Heating Business | Arizona Secretary of State
But I was able to find State Licences that came back registered to the business as members.

In his obit, it says Nick purchased Gilbert Air?
I Found the License but not sure if I can post it here.
It was formed in 2009, it is in GOOD STANDING AND ACTIVE,
LAST UPDATED 8/13/20

Here is the 911 call for those who may have missed it. ETA brought forward from TKG' S post.
WOW !! that was heartbreaking to listen to .
Then it shows one of the POI just casually walking into the gas station.
How can someone just look so calm and casual after killing someone??
Plus-- the video capture of him is very, very clear.
Surely, somebody knows who he is.

As soon as I read that Nick's company worked with a Home Warranty business, my thought was a disgruntled customer.

I interviewed years ago for a home warranty company.
I was there in the small office for almost 2 hours as the first manager that interviewed me wanted her supervisor to interview me as she wanted to hire me right then, so I waited around for him to return to the office.

While waiting for her supervisor, I could hear everything and a few employees were on phone calls, scheduling appointments.
The other 8 employees were on calls **and EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS A COMPLAINT CALL**
They told me I would need to have thick skin and be able to let insults, complaints, etc bounce off, not to take it personally, yada, yada.
Then they offered me the job, for LESS money than what I was making at the job I already had at that time and no health benefits.
I said, NO thank you. (this is Home warranty business, not a heating and Air business*)

So, while reading the BBB complaint posted earlier and seeing that the home warranty business is involved, this could be one scenario and potential POI.

I am sure LE is checking into every possible scenario and like you all here, I have a few different ones.

Ok
DS was a partner in the business with someone else.
Nick then became Partner with DS in 2018 when the other person left the business back in 2018
The business moved to a different location March 2019
New document shows Nick removed and only DS as owner August 11 2020
This info is from the business Corporation and I have saved each document as a PDF
I am trying to get a timeline on following the business and the Money.
JMO
Articles of Amendment - LLC 20081120129593 08/11/2020 Approved
Statement of Change - LLC Principal Address/Stat Agent 19030416151528 03/04/2019 Approved
Articles of Amendment - LLC 18102416096613 10/24/2018 Approved

Last edited:
Ok
DS was a partner in the business with someone else.
Nick then became Partner with DS in 2018 when the other person left the business back in 2018
The business moved to a different location March 2019
New document shows Nick removed and only DS as owner August 11 2020
This info is from the business Corporation and I have saved each document as a PDF
I am trying to get a timeline on following the business and the Money.
JMO
Articles of Amendment - LLC 20081120129593 08/11/2020 Approved
Statement of Change - LLC Principal Address/Stat Agent 19030416151528 03/04/2019 Approved
Articles of Amendment - LLC 18102416096613 10/24/2018 Approved

VERY interesting! Thank you for that info!

That is really interesting so Nick was murdered May 27, 2020 and DS took complete control of the business in August if I am understanding this correctly. That would mean that this move leaves DS to get full benefit from the company and it leaves his wife and children with nothing. Plus, DS had the life insurance on Nick so I'm sure he got full benefit of that as well this is not looking good for his innocence in my opinion. He seems to be the one that had everything to gain from Nicks' death add that to the other facts like him being the only survivor of the attack, his shady business history in the past and it's starting to paint a really bad picture.

That is really interesting so Nick was murdered May 27, 2020 and DS took complete control of the business in August if I am understanding this correctly. That would mean that this move leaves DS to get full benefit from the company and it leaves his wife and children with nothing. Plus, DS had the life insurance on Nick so I'm sure he got full benefit of that as well this is not looking good for his innocence in my opinion. He seems to be the one that had everything to gain from Nicks' death add that to the other facts like him being the only survivor of the attack, his shady business history in the past and it's starting to paint a really bad picture.

Was the business incorporated? If Nick had shares, they would now be owned by his estate. The partner would have to buy them, which should be covered in a shareholders’ agreement. At my firm we have always had insurance on the partners to cover the payout upon death.

Was the business incorporated? If Nick had shares, they would now be owned by his estate. The partner would have to buy them, which should be covered in a shareholders’ agreement. At my firm we have always had insurance on the partners to cover the payout upon death.
The company is LLC
The Article of business only shows that Nick owned 20% or more member
There are boxes to check on the form but it only shows (and checked) "ADD as 20% or more member."

So Nick no longer had a financial interest in the business. I wonder if he and his wife knew he was no longer on the documents. Very interesting. MOO
Nick was removed AFTER he died, removed just this month.
The docs do not show the exact amount of shares he owned, only that it was 20% or more.
I am still digging around :)

So Nick no longer had a financial interest in the business. I wonder if he and his wife knew he was no longer on the documents. Very interesting. MOO
I posted that I found it odd I could not find Nick's name on the SOS website. Nor was he licensed for HVAC, though I found two others who were and they tied back to the business name. So what you're saying makes sense, although that's not what his obit said?

Where did you find that information?

His young, vibrant, wife who was neurologist also died in 2013 at the age of 42 ...

In California we call that Key Man Insurance.

Since you have some experience with business formations, can you nose around and see if you can find the LLC? I usually don't have a problem location business records, but in this case I came up empty.

Nick was removed after he was murdered. He was taken off the documents because he was deceased. This is common practice even when murder is not suspected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back