Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a part in Jubes book, that seems to contradict what we have thought William's last movements were .........

Quote:

"William was last seen running from the front of FGM house towards the back of the property"

Ref: I Catch Killers, Jubelin and Box, Chapter There's No Death That's A Good Death, Pg 8

Just a comment on this - I think the perspective of which is the front and which is the back of the house is confusing because the home is on an angle on the block.

But, in the book GJ calls, what you consider the front verandah, the back of the house - as viewed from PS's house.

Just to help explain different views:

upload_2020-8-23_20-57-46.jpeg

144 Batar Creek Road might be a candidate, as far as bush overgrowing the house goes.

I just had a look at that address - the red roof toward the bottom right of the first attached pic. It sure is overgrown.

I also looked at the driveway leading to 144. I wonder if the person even has a car. It doesn't look like the track is driven on very much, if at all.

xx2.JPG xx3.JPG

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I might see if I can get a historical view from around 2014.

So here are two historical views of 144 Batar Creek Road (bottom right of both pics). The first one from Feb 2014, the second one from Jan 2016.
Very overgrown in both instances. And also quite close to Benaroon Drive. And not far from where FM heard that cry on that terrible morning, while she was searching at the bottom of Benaroon Drive near the reeds.

Definitely more of a place where one might see dead animals hanging in trees. :eek: :( imo

xx2.JPG xx3.JPG

Source: Google Earth Pro

Last edited:
So here are two historical views of 144 Batar Creek Road (bottom right of both pics). The first one from Feb 2014, the second one from Jan 2016.
Very overgrown in both instances. And also quite close to Benaroon Drive. And not far from where FM heard that cry on that terrible morning, while she was searching at the bottom of Benaroon Drive near the reeds.

Definitely more of a place where one might see dead animals hanging in trees. :eek: :( imo

View attachment 260984 View attachment 260985

Source: Google Earth Pro
Extremely overgrown! And the property is huge! The FM hearing the cry always makes me so sad what if it was him :(

Here are some sold history for some properties in the area :
144-Batar-Creek-Road--Kendall-NSW - Nearby Property Sold Price - OzHousePrice.Com

Last edited:
144 Batar Creek Road might be a candidate, as far as bush overgrowing the house goes.

Remember when we saw PS’ walking track at the inquest? 144 Batar Creek Rd looks as though it could possibly be either part of PS daily walk or very close to it. So this could explain why PS found the camera if they were watching the resident at 144 Batar Creek. JMO

Remember when we saw PS’ walking track at the inquest? 144 Batar Creek Rd looks as though it could possibly be either part of PS daily walk or very close to it. So this could explain why PS found the camera if they were watching the resident at 144 Batar Creek. JMO
Yes that makes a lot of sense.
Those who read GJ's book, did it explicitly say that the camera was put there to monitor #35?

Last edited:
I just took another look at that property (144 Batar Creek Road). As you say, it IS huge. 95567 sqm. :eek:

It runs directly behind all of the lower Benaroon Drive properties, up to and including #35.

View attachment 261092

Property Land Size of 144 Batar Creek Road, Kendall NSW 2439 - OzHousePrice.Com
Yes it does and is so overgrown with trees and bush. I could not find any pictures of the house though so it seems that whoever bought the land is still the occupier. I don't think the house is visible on street view neither.
Seems there may be a trail that runs along the land boundary too.

IMO

How much of the Jubelin/Box book is about William's case?
JLZ,
It's a bit hard to estimate, because the book follows Jubelin's life and I think he was always working on more than one case at a time - there isn't a specific section about William's case alone. By my count there are 59 chapters (not counting prologue, postscript, etc) and maybe about 10 of those include something about William's case (IMO mostly about the investigations into BS and PS).

Whoever the hermit is, here's a bit more about him (the first sentence below being the last one in SLouTh's post #779). Quotes from Gary Jubelin & Dan Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ebook edition:

"Walking inside, my worry deepens when we find what looks like a kind of shrine at the end of the man's bed made out of a photograph of William along with quotes of mine taken from newspapers, saying we'll never give up on trying to find him.
It's one of many disturbing things I've found, carried in the stream of trauma caused by William's disappearance. Talking to the man, however, I suspect he is more guilty of seeking attention than anything actually criminal. He seems lonely - when I go to his home, he doesn't want me to leave. But we put him under surveillance, to be certain."

- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269

"In the end, we wrap up our investigation into the hermit, calling him in for a formal interview during which time we search his house covertly, but find no evidence against him."
- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.270

I just read this old article from Dec 2018. It's almost like a little recap and I had never read it before, so thought I'd share it here:
The day William Tyrrell vanished

Interesting quote here BBM:
Neighbour Paul Savage agreed, though he said Benaroon Drive has changed since William's disappearance put the street on the national map.

The foster grandmother sold her house in 2016, but other residents of the once anonymous address have also sold up and moved, Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"We've lost different families," he said, "(but) it still is a safe area.

"We spent a good week or two searching; it was a real community effort.

"The police were excellent in everything they did and they kept it up and kept popping back.

"(But) somebody somehow managed to get him and disappeared down the road.

"I don't know how it happened of course. He's been taken to a place unknown.

"It's something you think about, but you've got to let it go, otherwise you'd go mad."

So not up the hill and into the forest where PS went searching.

Whoever the hermit is, here's a bit more about him (the first sentence below being the last one in SLouTh's post #779). Quotes from Gary Jubelin & Dan Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ebook edition:

"Walking inside, my worry deepens when we find what looks like a kind of shrine at the end of the man's bed made out of a photograph of William along with quotes of mine taken from newspapers, saying we'll never give up on trying to find him.
It's one of many disturbing things I've found, carried in the stream of trauma caused by William's disappearance. Talking to the man, however, I suspect he is more guilty of seeking attention than anything actually criminal. He seems lonely - when I go to his home, he doesn't want me to leave. But we put him under surveillance, to be certain."

- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269

"In the end, we wrap up our investigation into the hermit, calling him in for a formal interview during which time we search his house covertly, but find no evidence against him."
- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.270

IMO, it sounds like he was a plausible POI but the investigation was wrapped up due to lack of evidence against, rather than evidence proving that this person wasn’t involved. So still a possible POI, IMO.

Yes that makes a lot of sense.
Those who read GJ's book, did it explicitly say that the camera was put there to monitor #35?
madoodi,
It doesn't give a number for the property, no, just leads a reader to believe it's somewhere close to PS's: a detective who goes out to "take a look at where the cameras could be installed" starts by parking on Benaroon Drive and walking through a property owned by "an old bloke called Paul, who is in his 70s" who "hadn't been on his usual morning walk yet".
- Jubelin/Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get