Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this store owner or employee state (I don't remember) that LE asked for the stores footage but they had to tell them they no longer had it OR LE never even asked for it? To me there's a difference. If they specially requested it, it was because they were looking at that area, if they didn't, that area was not on their radar for whatever reason.

If LE did specifically ask that store to turn over saved video from the time period they indicated and it was already gone, that would stink. IMO
As I recall (I could be mistaken), the footage was erased after 14 days. They had called in the tip, it was all over SM, but no one came in the 14 day window. I am unsure if anyone ever came-I feel like they did but I’d be lying if I said for sure.

As I recall (I could be mistaken), the footage was erased after 14 days. They had called in the tip, it was all over SM, but no one came in the 14 day window. I am unsure if anyone ever came-I feel like they did but I’d be lying if I said for sure.
Yes. I recall the woman saying that the CBI did come to the store at some point, and she spoke to them.

Yeah, this really doesn't make sense to me. Go to a market and ask them to be on the lookout for a bike helmet or cycling clothes? Where? Stuffed between the cans of corn and carrots? Left in the bathroom? Someone walking in wearing a baby blue helmet?

I don't know what he was doing, but I think the note was an attempt to divert attention from whatever he was really doing.
Like so much other stuff we've seen BM do, it makes no sense in any context.

Have there been any words of appreciation from BM about the oncoming search?

Does the silence seem like he doesn’t want anybody scouring his turf and he wishes everyone would just stay home?

Wouldn’t it be nice if BM supplied water, coffee and a bag lunch for each person in the search? If he doesn’t step up to the plate, I wonder if there is a community organization or church that would be willing to help out.

This is a huge undertaking for AM and I give him a lot of credit for organizing this search for his sister.

Best of luck for all that are going especially our WS members who are giving so graciously of their time and expenses. You are doing way more than BM even thought of doing.
I hope he is being watched so in case he's worried that the search will be successful and decides to move evidence, LE will quickly close in.

I truly don't believe it would ever even occur to him to do so.
Yeah. Unless he’s lawyered up and his lawyer has told him to do that, I just don’t see it.

He knows law enforcement suspects him, and it’s not like it’s going to convince them that he’s innocent because he’s checking up on bodies.

It’s the facts and the evidence that will bury him, and that’s not going to change.

Yeah. Unless he’s lawyered up and his lawyer has told him to do that, I just don’t see it.

He knows law enforcement suspects him, and it’s not like it’s going to convince them that he’s innocent because he’s checking up on bodies.

It’s the facts and the evidence that will bury him, and that’s not going to change.

I agree completely.

He's not doing ANY of the things an innocent and distraught husband would do.

IMO

Lasst night's PE stated he already is elk hunting....

I'm not certain if Chris actually said he was hunting, or if he used that sort of example to bounce another question off. Immediately prior, they ask Dr. Ho to explain the difference between a compulsive liar and a pathological liar. She explains the difference and then Chris responds:

85:51
so if somebody says that
they're out every single day looking for
their significant other
but they're actually out elk hunting
uh over the weekend where does that fit
within those two (examples of types of liars)

So... I'm just not sure. Was BM actually out hunting elk at some point when he said he was out searching? Or... was that just a hypothetic scenario?

I just watched a special on Laura Garza, who was a young woman murdered in NYC in 2008. In this case, she was on video leaving a nightclub in NYC at 4 am with a prime suspect (Michael Mele). An eyewitness placed her in his vehicle. The suspect was a known sex offender. In his apartment, there was a missing piece of carpet that had been cut out. The carpet was later found, discarded, on the side of the road - forensics found Laura's blood and hair on the carpet. The carpet matched the suspect's home exactly.

They interviewed the prosecutor on this case, who didn't feel that, at that point, they had enough to bring murder charges (though the suspect was convicted for failing to register as a sex offender in NYC and did go to jail for a couple of years). Two years later, in 2010, someone on an ATV stopping to take a bio break found Laura's remains. THAT is when they brought charges. Mele reached a plea deal for 1st degree manslaughter.

I'm thankful that we've started to see prosecutors moving forward with "no body" cases, but I kept thinking of this case as I watched this one - it's a reminder of how most DA's are reluctant even when they have overwhelming evidence that points a certain direction. Let's hope SM is found - and if not - let's hope the DA is aggressive in bring forward a strong circumstantial case. JMO, MOO.

:rolleyes:
Priorities and all that... if he is hunting.
I'm thinking he's not doing this, as it would look beyond hinky !
Traipsing around the hills, cliffs and/or crevices.
Peering through a hunting rifle scope into gullies.

As if everything else -- he has done/not done-- doesn't come off as odd .
In this heartbreaking case. :(
Imo.

The archery season for elk hunting opened in western Colorado on September 5, 2020 but the licenses to hunt are by lottery draw. It would be impossible for anyone in the public or journalistic sectors to know whether or not BM held a Colorado archery license; unless he told them, which is highly unlikely.
<modsnip>
IMO
Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Last edited:
Suzanne Morphew bracelets to help fund brother’s search

Suzanne Morphew bracelets to help fund brother’s search

The sale of bracelets remembering Suzanne Morphew, who has been missing since Mothers Day, May 10, will help fund a search organized by her brother, Andrew Moorman.

The search is tentatively set for Sept. 23 to 28, with a candlelight vigil set for 7 p.m. Sept. 25. Bracelets will be available at the vigil and at The Factory and Body Works, 1031 E. U.S. 50, a local business Morphew supported.

Bracelets are $3 and all proceeds will go to the search effort. Bracelets come in two colors, yellow and blue and have a choice of two statements – #Prayers for Suzanne or #Find Suzanne.

Staff at The Factory said “we felt it was our duty to keep awareness of her and show support for her family.”

Attachments

• 7EC5A0AA-772D-40F3-AF78-F6531A9F2476.jpeg
    7EC5A0AA-772D-40F3-AF78-F6531A9F2476.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, use the back of one of the Missing Person's flyers he carries around in his truck ... oh, wait....

Nevermind.
Hasn’t posted a flyer (that we are aware of), didn’t attend the press conference, hasn’t made appeals through the media, and has only spoken to a reporter in defense of himself.

I look forward to him NOT attending the search, or the vigil.

Just like any loving husband would do.

Aside from the incredible looking sandwich options at Poncha Market, they do claim this in their website:

https://www.ponchamarket.com/

High Valley Bike Shuttle

Contact
Summer's are sizzling with a bike shuttle on the property. High Valley Bike Shuttle runs throughout the summer taking bicyclists to the top of Monarch Crest, where they can then enjoy a bike ride down the mountain, enjoying the beautiful scenery.

So while this shuttle only runs in the summer, it makes me think this might be a popular spot for mountain bikers. You’d meet a friend there, one of you leaves their car, and the other drives both bikers and bikes to the top. Then ride down, get in your buddies car and go back to get the car at the top.

So if BM realizes this is a hot biking meet up spot, would he try to plant more biking evidence in their dumpster? Maybe the biking clothes were planted there? And maybe he was planting the clothes in that dumpster when the employees came out which is what lead to the ridiculous helmet, biking clothes note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin