CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysti88c

Mysti88c Well-Known Member

A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
    Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
    Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
    riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
    Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
    otto is a Verified Expert
    Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
    angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
    gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
    Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
    lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
    Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2020
    AnnaGrace, Subiechik21 and foxbluff like this.

2. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

3. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

If he really did buy a new bike before she went missing, he may have told SM he would get rid of her old bike and he may have planted it way in advance at a much earlier time than we thought! That way he could be sure he wouldn't need to go near it after he killed her because it would already be planted and if he got caught planting it it wouldn't be a big deal because she would have still been alive at the time. Once he had planted it and sure he wasn't seen he was good to go.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Itsapuzzle, Rolo, gamma gal and 23 others like this.
  4. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

I believe so. It lines up with all the maps I’ve seen regarding the bike location.

I’ve never been able to make heads or tails of the cell phone pong map. I wish they’d give better details on what the various color coded lines means, assuming the mean anything at all.

I think the friend of SM had quite the back story on their marriage. I also think she was messaging with SM and something felt off to her. The friend then decided to FaceTime SM, and those went unanswered which is what started the panic feeling. Moo.

5. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Thx, boxer! Hope you find the answer to that!

6. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

I read the reporting on that incident but what we don't know is the entirety of the interaction in that store that occurred at that time.

BM may have hurriedly begun with an 'I'm looking for someone wearing such-and-such!', etc., then a question-answer may have occurred, 'Who is it?', etc. Partial reporting is sometimes worse than no reporting. I've experienced such hurried interaction during which a person is so-focused on their own thoughts they forget to fully explain what they need or doing or looking for, etc. I've done it myself. That's reality. That's life. It happens.

7. ChuckMaureen

Which tells me that BM took that effort upon himself without encouragement from LE. If my wife went missing I would not refrain from doing what he did because LE told me not to. We know LE has done that in the past, where they 'advise' or 'instruct' family members or whomever not to go public or give interviews, etc. We know it's happened.

8. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

Was this BM’s way of trying to get LE to tell him they had found a baby blue bike helmet two days prior?

I’m sure the fact that LE found something but wouldn’t tell BM was eating away at him. Maybe he thought if he made public stunts to be claiming to look for the bike helmet, LE would contact him and say it’s already been found?

9. ChuckMaureen

I am not aware of this aspect of the case. Is this repair for a motor vehicle or a bike? Did SM have it repaired, and by whom?

10. ChuckMaureen

I'd guess after being informed LE found "personal items" (yes, Speeze used plural) he immediately began looking for other items belonging to SM. I'd have done the same. Finding items in various locations might reveal a direction of travel... that would be my thinking if I were involved in such a situation.

11. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

KISS principle, thanks for the reality check!

12. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

BBM

Not sure why but this made me lol :D

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I tried to listen again last night but still can't find the part where the man said BM said he was looking in the garbage for the helmet. Does anybody know at approximately how long into the video it was? I want to hear exactly what was said. It's such odd behavior to be only coming out four months after the fact.

I was hoping the psychologist would share some insight into the dynamics of the marriage, or at least say what she thought of BM moving her "out in the middle of nowhere,"with hardly any cell phone service and "no internet to speak of," or however AM put it.

Also her thoughts on Suzanne being browbeaten almost every single day over her depression and taking medicine for it, BM against her taking medical marijuana, etc.

I was hoping someone would ask a question about it but the only question I heard was why was she picked to be on the Price is Right.

14. MsBetsy

I doubt he would buy a new bike just to plant it there before Suzanne even went missing. How would he explain the bike being thrown down the embankment? And why would Suzanne take her bike to the repair shop on Thursday if she had just gotten a new one? Maybe the PE guys were just guessing that she got a new bike because they weren't sure the trip to the bicycle shop was for a new bike or for a repair.

15. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Moira Rose's Wigs

dbm

skyvoyager likes this.
  16. MsBetsy

The personal item was reportedly not found until two days later, on the 14th.

17. MsBetsy

The PE guys said they weren't going to speculate any further on whether a new bike was bought or not because she "may" have taken the bike to a local bicycle shop to be repaired. So it sounds like they think it's one or the other but they can't confirm.

I'm not sure what difference it makes whether it was an old bike or a new bike that was found down the ravine.

18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

It’s at 25:22.
    25:22
    okay interesting yeah though the um
    25:26
    okay show here here's uh a guy
    25:30
    who goes to a supermarket and
    25:33
    uh he's outside uh we have firsthand
    25:36
    information that he's looking through a
    25:38
    trash can
    25:39
    uh and he then knocks on the door of a
    25:43
    supermarket
    25:44
    and uh we have not shared this with
    25:47
    anybody yet till tonight
    25:49
    uh and this kid opens the door
    25:52
    and this individual turns and says
    25:56
    hey i'm looking for a baby blue bicycle
    25:58
    helmet anybody seen one in the trash out
    26:00
    here
    26:02
    and the kid goes what and
    26:05
    then the clerk comes over and ends up
    26:08
    getting a note uh about a baby blue
    26:11
    helmet
    26:12
    uh wife and uh bicycle clothes
    26:16
    but no description of the of anybody uh

My PSA for all, of a tip that I was taught here-on YouTube videos, bottom right, next to the word “save”, there are 3 little dots. Click, and you will see an option to “open transcript”. Best thing ever.

19. Dave F.

Dave F. "Ain't it funny, how time slips away?"

I haven't got a clue. IMO

20. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Several years ago a School Resource Officer told me there was an app (hopefully it's no longer around) that would allow text messages to be sent under a masked cell phone number. Example: I wanted to pretend to send texts from your phone number, posing as you. This app would allow that to happen. Apparently, this caused a huge problem at this High School where one female student used this app to pose as another female student and wreak havoc with "mean girl" antics. The victim never sent any of these texts. IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.