Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they do, especially in Colorado.

Just look at the Gannon Stauch case. We were told all along that they hoped to bring him home alive. We later learned that they found blood splatter in his bedroom, and knew (from other evidence) he was probably dead from day one.

We all knew better, but that case remained a “missing persons investigation,” until his killer was arrested.

Their duty is to solve the crime. They can’t risk damaging their case by tipping off the perpetrator in regards to what they have.
Thank you for explaining these things to us. That's why I filter and follow you on Websleuths! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon me for jumping in but I notice the number 5 mentioned quite often. I think it refers to the five components of GIS.

BBM
Components of a GIS
“A working GIS integrates five key components: hardware, software, data, people, and methods.”

https://twitter.com/ProfilingEvil Sept 30
See how #GIS was used by the #ProfilingEvil team in the search for #SuzanneMorphew. Watch it Friday on
@DrPhil

AND, 5 types of resolution: spatial, spectral, temporal, radiometric and geometric. But Planet.com has 5 satellites with daily archived data to search....hmmmmm. Just my theory and MOO that they are combing the daily very high resolution images from May 8th -10th for that vicinity.

True. Chris Watts did go full on and killed his whole family, and I think BM intended for his daughters to be out of town.

Have you guys seen the new Netflix special? I was STUNNED at how similar BM's actions have been to CW, from a behavioral point of view. From the wording of CW's "plea," to the picture-perfect (but illusory) family photos to, and I kid you not, a push-up contest! I didn't follow CW case too closely, since he confessed pretty early on and I lost interest bc it was covered ad-nauseam, but I think when the arrest affidavit is released, we are going to find out that BM's plan was as diabolical as CW and PF combined, and that's saying quite a lot.

I was really quite surprised that all I could think about while watching the documentary was BM. I have no idea if the information released in the doc was already public knowledge, but it almost felt like CW was a possible case study for BM. I wonder if BM ever researched any true crime cases. I find it hard to believe he has hidden her body as well as he has, and has gotten away with it thus far, by pure luck alone, knowledge of hunting/landscaping/horticulture aside.

JMO.
Yeah, the vast majority of that stuff was already public record.

I don’t think we’re dealing with the same type of killer here, at least from a psychological standpoint.

Yes, they both had something to gain, but I believe BM was focused on one thing.

Money.

I think their marriage wasn’t picture perfect, and they argued quite a bit. I believe that Suzanne got sick of it, and with the kids ready to move on, was ready to move on herself.

Barry responded with violence, and took advantage of a vast, open area. He had the knowledge and equipment to hide her body, even though he didn’t have a great deal of time.

He had every advantage, and I don’t believe Suzanne’s body will ever be found.

True. Chris Watts did go full on and killed his whole family, and I think BM intended for his daughters to be out of town.

Have you guys seen the new Netflix special? I was STUNNED at how similar BM's actions have been to CW, from a behavioral point of view. From the wording of CW's "plea," to the picture-perfect (but illusory) family photos to, and I kid you not, a push-up contest! I didn't follow CW case too closely, since he confessed pretty early on and I lost interest bc it was covered ad-nauseam, but I think when the arrest affidavit is released, we are going to find out that BM's plan was as diabolical as CW and PF combined, and that's saying quite a lot.

I was really quite surprised that all I could think about while watching the documentary was BM. I have no idea if the information released in the doc was already public knowledge, but it almost felt like CW was a possible case study for BM. I wonder if BM ever researched any true crime cases. I find it hard to believe he has hidden her body as well as he has, and has gotten away with it thus far, by pure luck alone, knowledge of hunting/landscaping/horticulture aside.

JMO.

I literally just finished watching it. It’s different in that Watts was (as MassGuy said), a family annihilator. But so many similarities. The bulking up. The shaking of Watts head back and forth as he made his plea for them to return.
Moving on to a new life. It’s a powerful documentary.

And it had me thinking. For those that believe the SM case was about money, how could it NOT be premeditated?

I was still leaning with an argument that led to rage. But I don’t know what to think now.

Just looking to tie the number 5 with satellite imagery....

The first from Wikipedia ....

There are five types of resolution when discussing satellite imagery in remote sensing: spatial, spectral, temporal, radiometric and geometric. ... and to the effective bit-depth of the sensor (number of grayscale levels) .... per Wikipedia.

Satellite imagery - Wikipedia

Then I found this Advanced Satellite Imagery company that can capture very large swaths of terrain, with accuracy and detail (6.5 meter ground detail) daily....they have 5 SATELLITES!! Hmmmmm? Planet.com

RAPIDEYE SATELLITE Imagery

The RapidEye constellation of five satellites stands apart from other providers of satellite-based geospatial information in its unique ability to acquire high-resolution, large-area image data on a daily basis. The RapidEye system is able to collect an unprecedented 4 million square kilometers of data per day at 6.5 meter nominal ground resolution. Each satellite measures less than one cubic meter and weighs 150 kg (bus + payload), and has been designed for a minimum seven-year mission life. All five satellites are equipped with identical sensors and are located in the same orbital plane.

https://www.planet.com/products/satellite-imagery/files/160625-RapidEye Image-Product-Specifications.pdf

Maybe they are working on terrain data, that this company captures daily? Pure speculation ...
Yeah this is all
The process developed by Rossmo is GIS (Geographic Information System) and apparently utilized by PE in the search for Suzanne, to be featured on Dr Phil tomorrow. It would be impossible to replicate it here on WS,

Geographic Profiling
WHAT,

(faint)

are you freaking kidding me?

I literally just finished watching it. It’s different in that Watts was (as MassGuy said), a family annihilator. But so many similarities. The bulking up. The shaking of Watts head back and forth as he made his plea for them to return.
Moving on to a new life. It’s a powerful documentary.

And it had me thinking. For those that believe the SM case was about money, how could it NOT be premeditated?

I was still leaning with an argument that led to rage. But I don’t know what to think now.
Watts bulked up because he was trying to make himself more attractive. He was looking for an affair.

It’s possible that was the case here, but there was also a practical advantage. As a volunteer firefighter, Barry was up against younger and stronger people. So there’s also another explanation for why he wanted to gain muscle.

Imagine this. Suzanne says she wants a divorce, and she’s serious. Barry knows what this means financially, as he’s already thought about the implications in the past.

He can’t have that.

I do believe when all is said and done, this will meet the requirements of premeditated murder. I’m just not convinced he woke up that morning with a plan.

Yeah, the vast majority of that stuff was already public record.

I don’t think we’re dealing with the same type of killer here, at least from a psychological standpoint.

Yes, they both had something to gain, but I believe BM was focused on one thing.

Money.

I think their marriage wasn’t picture perfect, and they argued quite a bit. I believe that Suzanne got sick of it, and with the kids ready to move on, was ready to move on herself.

Barry responded with violence, and took advantage of a vast, open area. He had the knowledge and equipment to hide her body, even though he didn’t have a great deal of time.

He had every advantage, and I don’t believe Suzanne’s body will ever be found.

Sick....but maybe by scouring the Planet.com daily high res imagery for clues May 8th/10th?

Watts bulked up because he was trying to make himself more attractive. He was looking for an affair.

It’s possible that was the case here, but there was also a practical advantage. As a volunteer firefighter, Barry was up against younger and stronger people. So there’s also another explanation for why he wanted to gain muscle.

Imagine this. Suzanne says she wants a divorce, and she’s serious. Barry knows what this means financially, as he’s already thought about the implications in the past.

He can’t have that.

I do believe when all is said and done, this will meet the requirements of premeditated murder. I’m just not convinced he woke up that morning with a plan.

Makes sense. I wonder why she would pick that weekend to say she’d want a divorce? Someone posted a few threads back that maybe it was due to the girls being gone. She finally had some alone time with him, to talk serious.

It still niggles at me that BM was originally set to go to the wall job alone with the female worker. On Mother’s Day weekend - when they should have spent time together as a couple if the girls were gone.

I could see SM feeling hurt by that, tired of coming last in his life. Maybe feeling like it was the last straw, and finally said “I’m done”. And he lost it.

I gave up trying to figure it out the first time. Mike put out his five fingers and mentioned Bruce Lee and the number Five.

Then a few days later he put out the five fingers again saying we know who you are.

So I don’t know what Five means. Could it mean five people? Could it be one person? Could it be Barry? Someone mentioned it could mean 5.0 as in LE? I don’t know.

I’ll just wait until they tell me.

I had given up on the meaning of “5” and was getting increasingly annoyed that he kept teasing stringing us along without explaining the meaning. I know most of us were kind of over the guessing games but I see several posts about it tonight although I’m having trouble reading because I have freakin’ pink eye in both eyes and have greasy prescription ointment in my eyes right now so please excuse any typos.

Ok so PE had a Live chat tonight and a lot of people were asking about the meaning of #5 and Chris said this re the #5...he said there will be a statement or press conference (can’t remember which, sorry) and just to be patient and when it comes out the meaning of the #5 will be clear. Then he said we should buckle our seat belts because there was a lot more to come and he also added pop some popcorn because it’s going to be good! Not quoting his exact words but pretty close. And before Chris spoke about #5 Mike warned him not to give away too much. I think he said as long as he could be subjective or subtle or something but you could tell he was nervous about what Chris was going to say. What Chris did say tonight gave me hope again and made me feel better. They know a lot more than they can tell us right now because they don’t want to hurt the case. He really made it sound like something big would be announced soon...

Sick....but maybe by scouring the Planet.com daily high res imagery for clues May 8th/10th?
60 Minutes had a cool segment on that technology a year or so ago.

Private companies with satellites that photograph much of the earth a couple times a day.

That technology helped with the killing of Bin Laden, as they were able to go back in time and get the layout of the compound as it was being constructed.

It’s application hasn’t been used in many criminal cases, and I’m skeptical of how it could prove helpful here, but who knows.

Makes sense. I wonder why she would pick that weekend to say she’d want a divorce? Someone posted a few threads back that maybe it was due to the girls being gone. She finally had some alone time with him, to talk serious.

It still niggles at me that BM was originally set to go to the wall job alone with the female worker. On Mother’s Day weekend - when they should have spent time together as a couple if the girls were gone.

I could see SM feeling hurt by that, tired of coming last in his life. Maybe feeling like it was the last straw, and finally said “I’m done”. And he lost it.
That job was planned previously, but canceled at least once. I think he just used it as a last minute alibi.

She was dead, and he needed to sell a scenario.

I had given up on the meaning of “5” and was getting increasingly annoyed that he kept teasing stringing us along without explaining the meaning. I know most of us were kind of over the guessing games but I see several posts about it tonight although I’m having trouble reading because I have freakin’ pink eye in both eyes and have greasy prescription ointment in my eyes right now so please excuse any typos.

Ok so PE had a Live chat tonight and a lot of people were asking about the meaning of #5 and Chris said this re the #5...he said there will be a statement or press conference (can’t remember which, sorry) and just to be patient and when it comes out the meaning of the #5 will be clear. Then he said we should buckle our seat belts because there was a lot more to come and he also added pop some popcorn because it’s going to be good! Not quoting his exact words but pretty close. And before Chris spoke about #5 Mike warned him not to give away too much. I think he said as long as he could be subjective or subtle or something but you could tell he was nervous about what Chris was going to say. What Chris did say tonight gave me hope again and made me feel better. They know a lot more than they can tell us right now because they don’t want to hurt the case. He really made it sound like something big would be announced soon...
His subtle hint was satellite imagery... i ran with that, ref my posts, lol

This is random but I just googled "5" and "Bruce Lee" and this Nike shoe popped up. I know it's a long shot but just wondering if a footprint or this shoe is relevant? I'm really reaching but just wanted to put it out there.... ALL JMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.02.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.02.17 PM.png
    438.8 KB · Views: 33
That job was planned previously, but canceled at least once. I think he just used it as a last minute alibi.

She was dead, and he needed to sell a scenario.

Oh yeah that’s right. The original job was when he was to have been going alone with her. But still, he was working Friday night and Saturday morning, alone with the worker, I think?

Just sounds like he didn’t have much time for SM. Which I get if he’s building a business, but they were nearing empty nest age. I can see she might have started to feel lonely and wanted more time as a couple. He seems selfish. Jmo

Last edited:
60 Minutes had a cool segment on that technology a year or so ago.

Private companies with satellites that photograph much of the earth a couple times a day.

That technology helped with the killing of Bin Laden, as they were able to go back in time and get the layout of the compound as it was being constructed.

It’s application hasn’t been used in many criminal cases, and I’m skeptical of how it could prove helpful here, but who knows.
They can compare high resolution images from day to day, side by side. Heck the may see Barry on his Cougar, i mean Bobcat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa