CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get less upset by (CBI investigator) Tammy’s approach when I remember at the time of that interview we still thought Bella and CeCe might be alive out there somewhere. Because of the “locked from the inside” house, phone/purse/meds left behind, Nate’s security video and CW’s actions that day we knew Shan’ann had to be dead and Chris killed her. But he always seemed to love his girls with all his heart. We had real hope the girls were hidden somewhere and still alive. Shan’ann herself would have wanted everything possible to be done if it might save her daughters. I’m not mad at Tammy.

On the other hand, I almost came unglued at his sentencing hearing when his (female) defense attorney rubbed and patted his back to sooth him. I was several rows behind them and couldn’t miss it. If you hear muttered cursing in the background, that was me.
wow - feet away from that murderer - I think I might have wanted to jump up and scream at him. Awesome self-control @Colorado303 - I admire you.

wow - feet away from that murderer - I think I might have wanted to jump up and scream at him. Awesome self-control @Colorado303 - I admire you.
Thanks. Frankly I wanted to leap up screaming, smack her hand off his back, pull her hair then claw his eyes out. But the Bailiff was already glaring at me and I wanted to stay.

Regardless of whether Tammy Lee needed to disparage Shanann to get a confession after they found her body at his work site, the lie that she killed her children should not have been falsely put in affidavit and given to the media. Some people still believe that.

Regardless of whether Tammy Lee needed to disparage Shanann to get a confession after they found her body at his work site, the lie that she killed her children should not have been falsely put in affidavit and given to the media. Some people still believe that.
That’s a good point, and one I hadn’t thought of. Really good point .....

Is there any other case where there was so much release of video? Of officers investigating crime scene, interrogating perp, etc. It gives chris so much attention. Has anyone ever seen video of scott peterson being interviewed?
Yes, there are other cases where videos are released of suspects being interrogated. I've seen footage of Peterson during his first interview, but I don't know how much has been released. He talks about what Laci did the morning she disappeared and how he was planning on either going fishing or golfing that morning. He never expressed concern for her or asks investigators what they were doing to find his wife.

Like Chris, he doesn't show any genuine emotion. I think investigators were on to CW right away because he isn't as smart as Peterson and he is a terrible liar. He didn't seem to have much of a story prepared and didn't do much to cover up his crimes. I think Shanann's friend Nickole had a lot to do with that. I doubt he planned on her going to the house that day and probably thought he had more time before anyone realized they were missing.

Cheryln last spoke to Watts late last year and admits their conversation "wasn't the friendliest" after a communication breakdown, and she still has dreams about being face-to-face with the murderer.

"By that time I was just kind of sick of his stunts, trying to control the narrative," she told The Sun.
"He thinks he can control you with his mind, and that's what he tried to do with me.

"Being in the presence of someone, you look at them and their eyes turn black, it does something to you.

"I still have dreams about looking at his face when he would say certain things, it's caused anxiety.

"I was never a person who had anxiety issues, but spending time with him the way that I did...
Chris Watts' parents say they live with tragedy of losing grandkids 'every day'

It was SW on her FB saying she’d received a friend request from him.
She said she’d been through a bad divorce and lost everything but had just purchased her very own house, worked 3 jobs to get it. Thats when he put in the request. I admit I was suspicious when she said this because there are people who are impressed with someone else’s asset they can jump on board.

The House Where Chris Watts Murdered His Wife Shanann Has Not Sold in 2 Years

No one is interested in purchasing this house. I didn't realize that the home had 8 bedrooms.

I also didn't know that Shanann's parents filed a civil lawsuit against CW. They received a judgment. Not that CW has any money. I guess Shanann's family wants to make sure CW has no money.

Chris Watts Agrees to Pay $6 Million in Civil Suit to His Murdered Wife’s Family

I don’t think this is correct about 8 bedrooms. Maybe @Colorado303 could weigh in?

I don’t think this is correct about 8 bedrooms. Maybe @Colorado303 could weigh in?

Auction of Chris Watts murder home postponed as grisly details about killings emerge in his letters from prison

This link states five bedrooms. I am not sure. But it definitely didn't seem to have eight bedrooms. The main problem with the house is that people interested in this case, drive by the house. That is creepy.

Here is the actual listing information:

- 2825 Saratoga Trl, Erie, CO 80516 is a single family home built in 2013. This property was last sold for $399,954 in 2013 and currently has an estimated value of $644,500.

According to the Erie public records, the property at 2825 Saratoga Trl, Erie, CO 80516 has approximately 4,177 square feet, 5 beds and 4 baths with a lot size of 6,710 square feet. Nearby schools include Legacy Elementary School, Erie Middle School and Erie High School.

Last edited:
What has always punched me in the gut about this case is, SW loved CW so very much and was willing to fight for her marriage. Also, apparently when she first met him, she wanted nothing to do with him. I believe that was her inner voice or intuition warning her away from him.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

IIRC, back at the beginning of this case thread, before LE debunked it, a small amount of posters were in agreement with CW's statements saying SW had killed the children and he freaked out and killed her in a rage.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, back at the beginning of this case thread, before LE debunked it, a small amount of posters were in agreement with CW's statements saying SW had killed the children and he freaked out and killed her in a rage.

I never believed that story. Ever. CW is a monster. And it looks like SW was very much in love, trying to make their marriage work.

It makes me see red when people say, "It takes two to break up a marriage.". Nope. One very selfish, uncaring person destroys a relationship. CW was out cheating on SW. The show illustrates how frustrated SW was getting with CW. But she was still trying to make it work.

I don't think SW realized the danger she or her children were in. But, she must have told her friend, Nichole, something that made her so insistent on the "Well Check", the very day she didn't hear from SW. Has that ever been brought up?

When we think
I never believed that story. Ever. CW is a monster. And it looks like SW was very much in love, trying to make their marriage work.

It makes me see red when people say, "It takes two to break up a marriage.". Nope. One very selfish, uncaring person destroys a relationship. CW was out cheating on SW. The show illustrates how frustrated SW was getting with CW. But she was still trying to make it work.

I don't think SW realized the danger she or her children were in. But, she must have told her friend, Nichole, something that made her so insistent on the "Well Check", the very day she didn't hear from SW. Has that ever been brought up?
I think their trip home had SW so upset and venting to Nichole that when she got no response, she became worried immediately IMO. She may have even made a joke about "well if you can't get a hold of me - I'm gone/missing/returned to NC" something like that - What really struck me is the guy who said that CW wasn't behaving normal and he knew something wasn't right and told LE while they were watching the truck on camera - I think both of those circumstances caused the early scrutiny of CW and eventual confession because I don't think their bodies would have been found - certainly not those beautiful girls.
JMO

Once he killed them... he was doomed. Everywhere he went was going to be known or seen by cameras/GPS. As soon as they checked the work site they would have found SW... and where the girls were would have been narrowed down too.

After much thought... the only thing he might could have done was left them all in the house and left. Later coming home or being forced to (by friend of SW) and 'finding' everyone killed by somebody (just not him). That is all I can think of.

Once he leaves the house he is on tracking... everywhere he goes.

Admittedly, I have not followed this case very closely at all. IMO, I don't believe SW was well concealed/buried, she would have been found during routine maintenance, as an example, of that work site. I kind of believe the same for the girls with the oil tanks, eventually some sort of work or maintenance would have uncovered them. I have no idea of the condition the bodies would have been in over a prolonged period of time.

The Netflix documentary -towards the end, CW just seemed to give the middle finger completely to his marriage. He didn't even care. Example, using their joint account for a large bill w/ drinks on a night he had the girls and SW was out of town for work. Of course that's going to cause a big blow up and questions.

I remember thinking - I wonder how he was with the girls for those few days before SW got home? Was he attentive, dismissive or even cruel to them? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname