CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
The documentary/show on Netflix was actually quite extraordinary. So much video of the family. And they had all of the text messages as well. Amazing.

I felt sorry for SW, because she was feeling so neglected. I will admit that I thought some of the texts that she sent to her friends were really "Too Much Information". Like the one she sent where she said CW "ignored her at the airport" and she texted she had taken a shower, and CW "knew" she wanted, "love". And then, he ignored her, and she cried all night.

You really couldn't have written a more compelling drama. It was quite amazing.

I never believed that story. Ever. CW is a monster. And it looks like SW was very much in love, trying to make their marriage work.

It makes me see red when people say, "It takes two to break up a marriage.". Nope. One very selfish, uncaring person destroys a relationship. CW was out cheating on SW. The show illustrates how frustrated SW was getting with CW. But she was still trying to make it work.

I don't think SW realized the danger she or her children were in. But, she must have told her friend, Nichole, something that made her so insistent on the "Well Check", the very day she didn't hear from SW. Has that ever been brought up?
Nicole was initially worried about Shanann so quickly because she was pregnant and had been feeling quite ill the day before. It was very unusual when she didn’t respond to calls/texts in the morning and alarm bells really went off when it was discovered she didn’t show up for her OBGYN appointment.

I know Nicki never suspected CW would do anything to physically hurt Shan’ann until later that day, when his actions and inconsistent stories raised huge red flags for all of us.

The reason this case is so notorious - worldwide, as I am not even in the US - is because the murder was especially sick and evil. That is not to diminish other murders or victims, it’s simply the way it is. To me that says an awful lot about the mindset behind any attempt to criticise her now.

What has always punched me in the gut about this case is, SW loved CW so very much and was willing to fight for her marriage. Also, apparently when she first met him, she wanted nothing to do with him. I believe that was her inner voice or intuition warning her away from him.

Yes. The Gift of Fear. A book everyone but especially women should read or at least be aware of the Cliff's Notes version.

SBM

I remember thinking - I wonder how he was with the girls for those few days before SW got home? Was he attentive, dismissive or even cruel to them? IMO
When Chris went on the date with his girlfriend on Saturday night, leaving the kids with a babysitter, he did not call home once to see how they were, to check up on them. But Shan'ann did call the babysitter from Arizona to check in on the kids. Just one of several instances of Chris Watts already having been checked out of his marriage and his role as father before he killed them all.

Yes. The Gift of Fear. A book everyone but especially women should read or at least be aware of the Cliff's Notes version.

Agreed. And "Codependent No More". Women try to make relationships work, by "fixing" someone who can't be "fixed". When a relationship is that much work, or makes you miserable, it is time to bail.

I don't say that lightly. My Great Grandmother got one of the very few divorces in Utah in 1925. She was an outspoken advocate for the rights of women, and rejected the "Status Quo" that you need to stay married to a jerk forever.

I can guarantee you if my friend was murdered I would be right up in that thread as a VI putting halt to all the rumours and protecting my friend’s memory. It’s the very least Colorado303 can do, in fact it’s just about the only thing they can do for Shanann since CW stole her and her babies from this world.

We love having you here Colorado, please don’t let this silly comment make you feel like you shouldn’t be here. You definitely should and you have the right to be as Shanann’s friend. She would want you to be here letting us all know what a lovely person and amazing mommy she was!

I can guarantee you if my friend was murdered I would be right up in that thread as a VI putting halt to all the rumours and protecting my friend’s memory. It’s the very least Colorado303 can do, in fact it’s just about the only thing they can do for Shanann since CW stole her and her babies from this world.

We love having you here Colorado, please don’t let this silly comment make you feel like you shouldn’t be here. You definitely should and you have the right to be as Shanann’s friend. She would want you to be here letting us all know what a lovely person and amazing mommy she was!
I could not agree more.

Shanann had bad vibes in the beginning? I missed that!
Was that on the documentary please? (Which I also missed) Thank you!!! PS I love the Gift of Fear. It is a great book. My ex husband was a very scary , very violent guy. The first thing I thought when I first saw him was he looked mean.

Shanann had bad vibes in the beginning? I missed that!
Was that on the documentary please? (Which I also missed) Thank you!!! PS I love the Gift of Fear. It is a great book. My ex husband was a very scary , very violent guy. The first thing I thought when I first saw him was he looked mean.

He was a guy who just "friended" her on Facebook. She accepted this, and then, she went through a lot of health issues, they were texting and met.

As far as I know, that is what happened.

Sorry about your experience with your husband. Glad you are alive.

applause.gif
applause.gif

Does anyone remember if her SUV had tinted windows? The only thing I can think of is that he was going to come back home via the back of the house, come in through the basement, and drive her car out that afternoon with her purse, some clothes, medicine, phone, etc. So Nate's cameras would have picked up the SUV leaving, but not him arriving, if there were tinted windows. I know we've gone over this a thousand times, but I would really like to know what his plan was. Then there is what to do with the car (I'm not an advocate of the theory of blowing up the site), but at least if they were out of the house it would give him time. Assumihg he got her body out of the grave that same night. Maybe he screwed up in actually taking her body with the kids and him, maybe Bella made him take SW along, after he said she had to go to the hospital. He could have returned later after murdering the children, put her in the car, got the car out and ....where? It might have looked like she left and did something to the kids, leaving them somewhere if the car was found with SW in it. But he wouldn't have had the haphazardly dug grave to deal with.
I’ve always suspected part of the plan was for NK to sneak in and drive the Lexus away, with face obscured and hair styled to resemble Shan’ann. But NA put a kabash on that plan and any other ideas CW concocted to cover his tracks that evening.

CW must have been furious at her and my heart stops when I think what might have happened to her and her baby had she met Chris at home without the police and her teenage son there.

He may definitely meet some sort of psychopathology. I am not even sure what he would be considered, according to the DSM.

The "infomercial" (not even sure what to call it) that his family is posting on Facebook on October 23rd will be interesting to watch.
Can someone who watches it please come back here and summarize it? I just can’t with his family. If I watch it I will come unglued. Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much! As I said (before it was deleted, as it probably should have been because nice I was not) the whole reason I joined WS was to make sure SW’s character wasn’t falsely described by people who never met her. And I’m forever grateful to the majority of WSers who joined me in defending her.

It boggles my mind that two years after she’s buried and he’s locked up some people entertain themselves by bashing a woman they never met. It’s not remotely helpful but apparently they find it fun.

Thank you so much! As I said (before it was deleted, as it probably should have been because nice I was not) the whole reason I joined WS was to make sure SW’s character wasn’t falsely described by people who never met her. And I’m forever grateful to the majority of WSers who joined me in defending her.

It boggles my mind that two years after she’s buried and he’s locked up some people entertain themselves by bashing a woman they never met. It’s not remotely helpful but apparently they find it fun.
It is no reflection, of course not, on Shanann...it is a common domestic violence phenomenon for others to not believe it or blame the victim, which obviously makes the entire thing even more disgusting and painful for her loved ones.

Can someone who watches it please come back here and summarize it? I just can’t with his family. If I watch it I will come unglued. Thanks in advance.
I’ve watched it 3 times now and each time I pick up more. His family isn’t really portrayed except at sentencing when his mom speaks and turns to him and says she forgives him I think - the Netflix documentary draws on real evidence from what I gather and her unhappiness with his treatment of their relationship is very apparent as you may already know - I will watch it again probably Sunday morning and pm you if you would like - I can never imagine how this has been for you ...
JMO

Do we know why CW, when he shows up thst morning, and goes in through the garage, goes into her car?

The biggest tell was that he was practiced-casual, didn't even pretend she could be in the house, in medical distress.

It scares me that people like him walk among us.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member