Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had cable for years but Dr. Oz discussing this case with NG made me laugh. His show must have evolved. lol

Dr. Phil has shown an interest in true crime as well.

I think maybe they are like a lot of us who find it intriguing to try to determine what actually happened. With them bringing their individual expertise like Medical (Dr. Oz) or Psychological (Dr. Phil) which could roll over into giving some helpful insights to a case. Similar to how each of us here bring our own experiences and skills to our case discussions.

Good news, Colorado requires those with guardianship to submit records to the court and relevant family memories, of activities taken on the person's behalf.

Bad news, YEARLY.

JMO based on what I think I understood from PE experts.

So, 2020 records could show, new truck, new land, defense attorney. What would the courts do about that hypothetical? Moo

Dr. Phil has shown an interest in true crime as well.

I think maybe they are like a lot of us who find it intriguing to try to determine what actually happened. With them bringing their individual expertise like Medical (Dr. Oz) or Psychological (Dr. Phil) which could roll over into giving some helpful insights to a case.

I get it. I just find humor in things that many people would not find funny. Our supper table talk would probably shock many. haha It's just the last time I saw a snippet of Dr. Oz's show, he was talking about the proper way to pop a pimple. True Crime has taken off, especially with the popularity of podcasts now (I love them). I've mentioned before, I enjoy the perspective of all, especially if it goes against the popular opinions of most. I enjoy open discussions. IMO

ALL the coolers are missing????? Oh, that takes my mind to a grisly place.

I made the mistake just now of watching a video on how to field dress an elk. I'd like to rewind my brain.

To my surprise and horror, however, it was a clean, methodical process. Like a butcher, quarter-sawing sides of beef...

I have to ask, why, around the time Suzanne went missing, did BM have a rack and skull up by his house? Fresh kill. He just couldn't resist keeping the trophy?

Begs the question, where's the rest of it?

Maybe LE has some nice clear video footage of a certain truck with a bed of coolers.

Maybe one spilled, necessitating a chlorine cleanup of everything from the bed of that truck. Maybe hotel and nearby business footage shows a lot of trips in but not out, with coolers....

Where are they now? Hotel dumpster to landfill? Maybe LE has recovered a few... lotta searches we don't know about!

My timeline... 4 pm sandwiches, seen in town, I'm pushing that back to Friday. Saturday morning's abrupt end to messaging, I'm linking that to time of death. BM at the beach site from 9 to 11 with MG, I'm ascribing his weirdness, as noted by MG, to a function of his knowledge that, at that point, Suzanne was very findable, either still in the house, or perhaps in the bed of the truck. He'd be UNDERSTANDABLY panicked.

Had to go home "to make the wife happy", I'm calling that Diversion #1. A lame attempt to create the illusion Suzanne was still alive. What? Yeah, of course, my wife isn't dead.

That gives him from roughly noon until the whole next day to prepare, clean, and conceal.

Perhaps what LE relayed to AM is that there were no OBVIOUS signs of a struggle. Luminol could have told a very different story. Remember, when AM arrived in Maysville on that Monday following Mother's Day, LE had SECURED the house, they hadn't yet executed a SEARCH WARRANT. The subsequent searches may have unearthed plenty of struggle, information investigators may have very good reason to withhold, even from close family.

It can't be a coincidence that there are no listing photos of the kitchen, mudroom and garage. That second search of the home may have dismantled the entire plumbing system in those rooms, hence an AS IS sale. That's also a good reason to make sure that the girls never see the state of those rooms.

Shocking, however, that he wouldn't hire a bunch of meth heads to restore those rooms at least cosmetically before listing, or do the work himself when he's not not-searching.

In my adjusted timeframe, I think BM did make himself visible on the afternoon of that Saturday in Salida. Shopping. Buying cleaning supplies. Or dressing supplies. Mentally working out a suitable alibi, something he never did accomplish.

I think wherever the missing elk body is, that's where Suzanne is too.

FWIW, the hard of hearing Salida neighbor heard only a half hour of activity at the beach site. That doesn't mean there wasn't more to hear. Even a half hour, however, indicates someone was doing something at a time when nothing should have needed to be done.

It's notable to me, nobody's found the rest of the elk.

Why?

All these are just my opinions
Great post, all of it !
1,000 "Likes" !
Well said !!!!!!!

I get it. I just find humor in things that many people would not find funny. Our supper table talk would probably shock many. haha It's just the last time I saw a snippet of Dr. Oz's show, he was talking about the proper way to pop a pimple. True Crime has taken off, especially with the popularity of podcasts now (I love them). I've mentioned before, I enjoy the perspective of all, especially if it goes against the popular opinions of most. I enjoy open discussions. IMO

I understand. You are right that the whole true crime genre in the last 10 or more years really has gotten popular on tv and movies.

Maybe the network executives even pushed some of that sort of subject matter onto the shows.

Chaffee County Fire Protection District
Successful first day of Chaffee Chips. Hauled out 11 trailers of slash and two more days to go for
CR 321 Princeton front communities.

Whoa! :eek:
Wonder where they store that chipper?
ETA Regarding the recent talk about coolers, Richard Crafts, the famous wood chipper killer, dismembered his wife and stored her on ice until he used the wood chipper on her.

Last edited:
So, 2020 records could show, new truck, new land, defense attorney. What would the courts do about that hypothetical? Moo
Well it depends, if hes paid for everything out of his own personal bank account or shared funds, nothing. If hes using SMs account to finance his new bachelor lifestyle then at a minimum he would likely to removed and hes also liable to SM's estate for any funds spent inappropriately

The way his body language was described by witnesses prancing back and forth at the window....
I think she is 100% on the Morphew 7 acres or possibly just out on the edges of the national forest they back onto.

Respectfully, IMO, the girls being protected AND him pacing, also fits with my theory of home invasion/ family annihilation, it’s been a long 5 months, but if we could go back to those early days without our guilty bias, it starts to make sense.

So you consider anything Andy has said to not be credible?
Could you please explain why you feel he is not credible and why he would lie about his sister's disappearance?
Respectfully, He has misstated things and corrected himself several times. He doesn’t seem to understand that members here take every word he says as the absolute truth.
One example is the house reeking of bleach. We have no reason to treat this as evidence. AM first stated, LE told him, then had to walk it back to, “someone told him LE ....
The domestic abuse situation was simply AMs speculation, and even he said he had no evidence of this.
I’ve simply learned to take his words with grains of salt.

Personal experience, my brother would more likely be searching to save face, than out of brotherly love, were I to go missing.
I don’t know the Moorman family dynamics, I just can’t rely on AMs misstatements as evidence.
I remain skeptical, MOO
Lastly, were I to take the position that AM was trying to make BM appear guilty, there is enough evidence of that, to make me wonder, WHY?

I know I’m a broken record and others have reminded me that it’s a very slim chance but let me just say this : I come from a LE family and have a deputy fire chief among my acquaintances- and there is a fire camp and the husband is a volunteer FF and there were mechanical noises heard - it’s a lot of coincidences IMO and we have nothing found regarding her body or potential cadaver dog scents -so as our @MassGuy believes she’s either buried in those acres (if true my guess is 5 miles within Marital home) or our gal is floating down that river so prevalently displayed in the current listing for the marital home- and yes I believe he has access to a commercial wood chipper
IMO
I just can't imagine anyone being able to do such a thing with someone they once loved, the mother of their children. That level of depravity is so next level. I do think a certain someone is responsible but I struggle to imagine the elk wrapping or wood chipper scenario. I think we will read blunt trauma to the head and buried a few miles from home. JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Fortunately LE is gathering and has gathered evidence against BM, whether we or anyone else knows about it. The fewer people outside of LE know, the better, as it helps maintain the integrity of a criminal case.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it depends, if hes paid for everything out of his own personal bank account or shared funds, nothing. If hes using SMs account to finance his new bachelor lifestyle then at a minimum he would likely to removed and hes also liable to SM's estate for any funds spent inappropriately
So if the proceeds of the sale of the home in Indiana went into a joint bank account, he can spend them with abandon right?

So if the proceeds of the sale of the home in Indiana went into a joint bank account, he can spend them with abandon right?
As they both held title to the property SM is entitled to half of the proceeds of the sale. IMO the court would expect BM to deposit half those proceeds in an account for her. Otherwise that a pretty decent amount to just disappear from SMs total assets

As they both held title to the property SM is entitled to half of the proceeds of the sale. IMO the court would expect BM to deposit half those proceeds in an account for her. Otherwise that a pretty decent amount to just disappear from SMs total assets
So would that be a SEPARATE account for SM? Bearing only her name? Sort of like an escrow?

So would that be a SEPARATE account for SM? Bearing only her name? Sort of like an escrow?
Well it would sort of depend on how their family financials are set up now. If they have joint accounts for everything then thats sufficient, but if they've always kept funds separately it would that would be an account in her own name.

it would be good to see the orders in the guardianship to see if there were any restrictions on the closing proceeds - my guess? nope, and all the money is accessible to him freely with none set aside for SM.
JMO

I just can't imagine anyone being able to do such a thing with someone they once loved, the mother of their children. That level of depravity is so next level. I do think a certain someone is responsible but I struggle to imagine the elk wrapping or wood chipper scenario. I think we will read blunt trauma to the head and buried a few miles from home. JMO

I totally understand how it’s hard to imagine how anyone could do that to “the love of their life” but, believe me, there are other Chris Watt’s out there. The depravity of some individuals is always surprising, too many to name that are fairly recent come to mind. MOO

I think we’ll be surprised when the arrest affidavit is eventually released...
MOO.

Well it would sort of depend on how their family financials are set up now. If they have joint accounts for everything then thats sufficient, but if they've always kept funds separately it would that would be an account in her own name.

it would be good to see the orders in the guardianship to see if there were any restrictions on the closing proceeds - my guess? nope, and all the money is accessible to him freely with none set aside for SM.
JMO

Well, that's all very interesting, isn't it?

They owned the property as H & W and if they put the proceeds into an account with both of their names on it that would seem to give him carte blanche.

Would/could the judge who awarded BM guardianship provide for SM's share of the proceeds to be held in a trust account? There was nothing on record that they were separating or divorcing. IDK, troubling.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member