UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inquest says Corrie is dead, that they are satisfied he climbed into the bin and was taken away in the lorry.

RAF airman, 23, who vanished after night out in 2016 'died in the back of dustbin lorry' | Daily Mail Online

I just can’t get it out of my mind that his phone stopped tracking at Barton Mills. Could he have somehow got out? Anyway... I guess that’s the end of it now. I just wish they’d conclusively searched that landfill, because as the inquest narrative goes, where else can he possibly be?

Corrie’s Mum did a Facebook live yesterday, it can still be viewed on the Find Corrie Facebook page. She says that a taxi drivers wife phoned the information line and said that Corrie was in her husbands taxi the night he disappeared, was sick so her husband dragged him out the taxi and hit him with a bat and left him in some woods. The police never filled this up. Another call came from a reliable healthcare worker who said she’d seen what looked like burnt human remains in some woods but that was never followed up by the police.

Corrie’s Mum did a Facebook live yesterday, it can still be viewed on the Find Corrie Facebook page. She says that a taxi drivers wife phoned the information line and said that Corrie was in her husbands taxi the night he disappeared, was sick so her husband dragged him out the taxi and hit him with a bat and left him in some woods. The police never filled this up. Another call came from a reliable healthcare worker who said she’d seen what looked like burnt human remains in some woods but that was never followed up by the police.

I really doubt a report to police about human remains would not be followed up. Furthermore, if that healthcare worker thought it was human remains, and believed the police ignored it, he/she would go back there to show someone else or take photos.

I thought exactly the same!

I do wonder, despite Nicola being ex-police, if her son's disappearance has clouded her judgement in terms of her hearing what she wants to hear. I hope I've put that kindly...I would be out of my mind if I were her, and no doubt clutching at any sliver of straw I could find.

People state that the police don't follow something up, but this usually seems to be an assumption because nothing further is heard. In my experience, if you report something to the police, they only come back to you if they want further information.
They don't report negative results, and when they've ruled something out it doesn't normally get reported in the media.

I do wonder, despite Nicola being ex-police, if her son's disappearance has clouded her judgement in terms of her hearing what she wants to hear. I hope I've put that kindly...I would be out of my mind if I were her, and no doubt clutching at any sliver of straw I could find.

Don't worry, you've put it tactfully and I agree.

I'm curious, though, as to why these 2 stories, as mentioned above, are being highlighted. I understand why they are in the press, as it's new information, but more why Nicola is reporting them. She was all for Corrie not being in landfill, supporting the Roy Hawes story, then that Corrie was seen by the bin lorry driver and walking out of the horseshoe, so why the burning body and taxi driver stories? Why not emphasise Blo Norton, being hit by a car walking home or any other theory?

That taxi driver story seems odd to me, for a number of reasons.
If a passenger is sick in a taxi, the damage is done, the mess is already made, so I don't really see the need to eject him.
Even if the driver did eject the passenger, why would he hit him, and why would he tell his wife? Why not just say that someone was sick in the cab, it's not that unusual on a Friday night.
I wonder if the taxi driver and his wife are on good terms. If not, it could just be a malicious fabrication. People do that sort of thing.

That taxi driver story seems odd to me, for a number of reasons.
If a passenger is sick in a taxi, the damage is done, the mess is already made, so I don't really see the need to eject him.
Even if the driver did eject the passenger, why would he hit him, and why would he tell his wife? Why not just say that someone was sick in the cab, it's not that unusual on a Friday night.
I wonder if the taxi driver and his wife are on good terms. If not, it could just be a malicious fabrication. People do that sort of thing.

And I doubt Corrie is the first person ever to have been sick in a taxi in this area, and not the last, but you don't hear local news reports of people being beaten up with a bat for it.

It's possible to call police and Crimestoppers anonymously, and the fact that people called Nicola's hot line and not anything official makes me question it all. And different versions of what happened. If the calls were pointing to the same story, fair enough, but he can't have been beaten up by a taxi driver AND mugged and dumped in a bin AND burnt in woods...

Yes, the "mugged and dumped in a bin" story was second-hand, I think, possibly something overheard. So it could simply have been people speculating on things that might have happened. Chinese whispers.

Roy Hawes is telling the truth about he saw Corrie at Barton mill

Don't worry, you've put it tactfully and I agree.

I'm curious, though, as to why these 2 stories, as mentioned above, are being highlighted. I understand why they are in the press, as it's new information, but more why Nicola is reporting them. She was all for Corrie not being in landfill, supporting the Roy Hawes story, then that Corrie was seen by the bin lorry driver and walking out of the horseshoe, so why the burning body and taxi driver stories? Why not emphasise Blo Norton, being hit by a car walking home or any other theory?

JMO in order to flush some people out? Perhaps others who've been threatened or hit by a baseball bat from a taxi, would come forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly