Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

He’s apparently not wearing shoes, and there are 5 search teams focusing on areas around the home, to the home.
BBM:

Okay, NO.

Little kids don't run away into the woods in bitterly cold temps in their bare feet and wearing short sleeved tees.

This story is ringing entirely false to my ears.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Okay, NO.

Little kids don't run away into the woods in bitterly cold temps in short-sleeved shirts and sans shoes.

This story is all wrong.

JMO.

If, in some weird state of mind Jordan would run away barefoot, he would be already found. You won't go far in the woods without your shoes on. That makes me more and more afraid about how this story will end.

If, in some weird state of mind Jordan would run away barefoot, he would be already found. You won't go far in the woods without your shoes on. That makes me more and more afraid about how this story will end.
Definitely. Back in my day, I know lots of kids would “run away” when they’re upset but they don’t go far and they usually come back really quickly. Eg When my sister was 6, she ran away to the playground with her backpack full of granola bars. When I was a kid I tried running away, intending to live in the woods and survive off fish. Oh man was my backpack full of (useless lol) supplies. From all the stories I’ve heard, when kids run away, they pack things and they don’t go far. It doesn’t make sense that a kid would run away into the woods without shoes. I work with 9 year olds and I can’t see any of them, even the ones with specific needs, taking off into the woods without shoes.

Damn, they’re calling in the cavalry. I’m fearful to hear his last words to his parents. I hope a nine year old wouldn’t threaten to harm himself. I’ve been on WS too long. I’m so cynical anymore. Big shrug...
It takes the most out of the best of us. Praying for this child.
ETA: much love to you @imstilla.grandma

Last edited:
NOV 16, 2020
AMBER Alert: Authorities scour wooded area for missing 9-year-old boy in Cheatham County
Local authorities are scouring the woods near where a 9-year-old boy was last seen Sunday in Cheatham County as an AMBER Alert remains active across Tennessee.

[...]

Overnight temperatures are expected to be chilly.

[...]

TBI is asking residents in the area of Valley View Road in Joelton to walk around their property and search for places a child might hide, such as a crawlspace, shed or outbuilding.

When asked on Twitter if authorities believe Jordan is still in the area, TBI Spokesman Josh DeVine replied, "We certainly hope so. That's why we have teams searching so aggressively in the immediate area."

[...]

A 9-year-old is old enough to know that he isn't going to get very far without shoes and a jacket in November. In my opinion, it doesn't really sound like Jordan ran away. I always get suspicious when the first picture provided when a child goes missing is not recent or very clear. Any parent will have a bunch of recent pictures of their kids on their phones.

Parents haven't been named? Have they been out in front of the cameras yet? I don't think so. I have a feeling LE is keeping a close eye on the parents.

MOO
This makes me very nervous. I’m afraid that the next thing we’ll hear is that it’s one biological parent and their live-in partner. Praying I’m very, very wrong.

This is great that they put this out. We have seen other cases where this was not mentioned in a timely fashion.

Yes I am still holding out hope at this point that the family has been forthright with LE and that is why they are so aggressively searching for this little guy. 9! Way too young to be out in the woods overnight solo with no protection from the elements. All the best to the search teams - I hope he isn't so fearful of/angry with his parents that he will respond to searchers.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old sought

snipped
There are two homes nearby with a heavy police presence. It is unclear how the two are connected, but multiple unmarked cars, marked cars, pop-up tents and an RV could be seen outside the homes.

====
wonder what is up with this?
not sure.
I'm trying to get a sense of the place, whether it is a small village, a big town or whatever?
CCTV anywhere, any vehicles leave the house prior to reporting him missing?
Who was the last person outside of his family to see him alive?

Authorities said Jordan ran into the woods after a disagreement at his home on Valley View Road near Wanda Lane.
View attachment 272133
Amber Alert issued for Tennessee boy who ran away from home following fight with parents
Replying to my own post. This map comes up. There’s a farm and a creek showing up.
Valley View Road near Wanda Lane:
upload_2020-11-16_15-22-52.png
Eta: there are two separate cities in this scenario. He ran from Ashland City (his home) but their search area is some where different.
Eta again. They are searching in Joelton.

Last edited:
Following and caught up.
Oh man....
Who besides the parents last saw this little boy?
Any siblings?

not sure.
I'm trying to get a sense of the place, whether it is a small village, a big town or whatever?
CCTV anywhere, any vehicles leave the house prior to reporting him missing?
Who was the last person outside of his family to see him alive?

I'm not finding where the information about who last saw him besides the parents has been released - no idea on siblings - Ashland looks like a small town
Home Page

no idea of cameras/neighbors/ etc so far.
JMO

I suck at maps and directions. Help.
eta: there are two different cities mentioned but now I see Ashland City in the header.
The initial report (see post #1) was that he was missing from his home in Ashland City. Therefore, that is what is shown in the thread title.

The next report (see post #2) was that he ran into the woods after a disagreement at his home on Valley View Road near Wanda Lane. Here is the link to that map: Valley View Road and Wanda Lane

Ashland City is his home per Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The Amber Alert says he is missing from Joelton, TN. Have you seen this child? Jordan Allen Gorman

This map includes the towns of Ashland City and Joelton, with the intersection of Valley View Road and Wanda Lane - located about right smack in the middle. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Pommy is awaiting clarification before requesting a change in the thread title.

;):p:cool:

The initial report (see post #1) was that he was missing from his home in Ashland City. Therefore, that is what is shown in the thread title.

The next report (see post #2) reported that he ran into the woods after a disagreement at his home on Valley View Road near Wanda Lane. Here is the link to that map: Valley View Road and Wanda Lane

Ashland City is his home per Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The Amber Alert says he is missing from Joelton, TN. Have you seen this child? Jordan Allen Gorman

This map includes the towns of Ashland City and Joelton, with the intersection of Valley View Road and Wanda Lane - located about right smack in the middle. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Pommy is awaiting clarification before requesting a change in the thread title.

;):p:cool:
You are so efficient. Thank you for all your volunteerism. We appreciate your loyal dedication. ❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back